• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cake Making & Baking Group

thats one doorstopper of a cake!!! looks so yummy!!

yes....get ur cupcakes on here!! i love seeing pics!

Wow Nutty mummy.do you make them to order ?

I can ice cakes to a degree.I've just made a football one for a friend using a pryex bowl and it came out fab x

Wow Nutty mummy.do you make them to order ?

I can ice cakes to a degree.I've just made a football one for a friend using a pryex bowl and it came out fab x

yeah....sometimes i was doing 3 a week n it was soooo tiring!! ive given them up now whilst im pregnant....will probably take some more orders on when bubs is older.
yay the pyrex bowl!!! i bake in them sometimes too!! im constantly searching the shelves for different shaped things to bake in!! lol

I made these last night, I am finding baking to be my relaxation at the moment!!

First is Millionaires/Caramel shortbread
second is Scottish Tablet, doesnt look much but tastes amazing, there was ALOT more but it was all raided and taken to school/work before I could get a photo of it all!!

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l158/taperjean/DSC04753.jpg
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l158/taperjean/DSC04755.jpg
:D

looks yum andrea....i could do with some of that right now with a cup of tea!!!

Oooo yummy, dont like scottish tablet though :(
But millionaires shortcake now that does take my fancy.

love the plates :p

Millionaires shortcake is my ultimate favourite. I could eat it allll day. great job hun.
droooooooling!

WOW! I've just been through this entire thread and we have some great bakers in here!

I love to bake, although never get the time to do it now, and my diet has serious put a halt to me eating what I make too!

I did consider doing a course in it at one stage... I'd love to be able to do it for a living *wishes*

i tried to get on a cake decorating course....but they were always cancelled last minute due to lack of interest!! so ive basically just learnt myself thru trial and error!!

I've tried cake decorating on my own but can't seem to get the hang of it, does anyone have any tips? I'd really just like to be able to frost a cupcake and make it look really nice.

lol...unfortunately i dont do cupcakes.....just cakes! try looking in tesco n asda for some sparkly bits to sprinkle on! or down the toffee aisle for inspiration!

Andrea can you please post or pm me the recipe for that shortbread. YUMMO!

I made these the other night because I was hungry. Peanut Butter Blossoms (I think thats what they were called :rofl: )

https://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn91/cannibalwendy2/IMG_4527.jpg

Oh my god Wendy they look so yummy!!

Just for you..... I have made about 5 batches of it over the last week, trying to perfect it! Think I have cracked it!

Millionaires shortbread

Shortbread

12oz Plain Flour
4oz Caster Sugar
8oz Butter

Soften the butter and mix with the sugar then sieve the flour in and mix in slowly till it is all binded, dust your surface with flour and knead the dough for a minute or so. Roll Out the mixture to fit into a small deep roasting tin, prick it all over woth a fork and bake at 180 degrees til it starts to turn light brown round th edges, in my oven it take about 17 minutes but keep an eye on it cos it can burn really quickly!
Once ready, leave it to cool in the tin.

The Caramel

8oz Butter
4oz Caster sugar
6 Desert spoons of golden syrup
1 tin f condensed milk

Bung it all in a pan, and gently warm through til the sugar has melted and turn it up 1 setting on your hob and keep stirring til it turns golden brown and is quite thick.
You can't stop stirring it cos it with burn! I use a whisk when I am making mine.
Once it is ready leave it to cool slightly in the pan.
Once cool, spread onto the top of your shortbread.

The Chocolate Topping

8oz cooking chocolate
1oz butter

Melt in a bowl over a pan of boiling water then spread over the top of your shortbread.

once the chocolate has set heat a sharp knife (I usually sit it in a jug of boiled water) it just makes it a cleaner cut when you are slicing it up.

Then ENJOY! I am eating a peice while I am typing! :D

Thanks for perfecting it for me. :rofl:
I am gonna make them this week. I love those!!!

Maple Sugar is my new best friend!!

Also Vanilla sugar, made some really tasty cakes from just adding the smallest amount of this sugar!! Yum yum :)

Great thread, mind if I join?
Haven't baked much in a while as we live in MIL's house and I've been super busy with Kathryn (which will all change when we move soon!). I did make my wedding cake though (only the 2nd cake I've ever made though, so its not professional or anything), its a steam-punk cake, inside is a marble cake (yummy!) and did fondant on the outside (first time using fondant!) and the little gears and bolts are fondant as well. The topper gears are fondant covered carved rice crispies (made by DH) and I did all the fondant work, painting and such. Only 2 layers since it was a very small wedding and we didn't want too much in the way of leftovers :D

https://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g173/Atomic_Muffins/n811950257_4910997_8926.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->