Cake Making & Baking Group

its not boring...its extra creative space!!! id love mine to be bigger!!!

Thomas birthday cake went down brilliantly :) Everyone loved it. I also made different flavoured cupcakes and had them on a stand but OH forgot to take a photo before everyone stared eating them :cry:

I have since got a few orders for some cakes too! :happydance: xx

great...what cakes are u doing?

i have to start mine 3 cakes next week!! guna b busy!

whats your next ones?

I'm ok till the end of the month now!

just had an order for a Ben10 cake...... scared of it, will need to get some practice in!

I've got an order for 2 birthday ones and 1 christening one :)

Christening and birthday ones at the end of March.

Christening one is going to be like the one I made for MIL's birthday, birthday one is going to be round yellow cake with a sugarpaste gun on it for a 21st, need to get practicing! LOL

Other birthday one is going to be a round cake with green icing with butterflies and ladybirds on it for a 1st birthday cake xx

lol, why dont u do the watch thing...(called an omnitrix or something??) its just round isnt it?

which one r u making at the end of the month andrea?

ive got a plain pink round with tatty teddy on top, a turf moor stadium, and a 2 tier engagement cake in white.

yep that was the plan! I found a couple of pics on google last night so I think thats what I'll try!

I want to make the sugarpaste Ben but we'll see!

My first one is the giant cupcake..... i dont really want to buy the tin so have been hatching a plan on how I'm going to carve it!

Attachments

• images_gallery_pics_ben10-cake.jpg
    images_gallery_pics_ben10-cake.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 22082008094.jpg
    22082008094.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 4
yeah those look do-able, good luck with the sugarpaste ben!! im not too good with modelling LOL

too be honest Andrea, u are better off carving ur own cupcake...those wilton pans are so dense sometimes, it leaves the cake rather -stodgy in the middle. id make a few cakes n carve them. my brothers girlfriend wants me to make a giant cupcake for my brother in august (she said he wants a giant version of one of my black forest gateau ones) LOL

love that second ben 10 pic!!!! my nephew would love that cake!

goodluck for the sugarpaste ben !! im sure it will look amazing!!

i would just cheat and get a toy off ebay because im sure mine would be awful!!

I'm sure you could manage it Leanne! :) Cant wait to see Alexs birthday cake!! :D xx

yeah those look do-able, good luck with the sugarpaste ben!! im not too good with modelling LOL

too be honest Andrea, u are better off carving ur own cupcake...those wilton pans are so dense sometimes, it leaves the cake rather -stodgy in the middle. id make a few cakes n carve them. my brothers girlfriend wants me to make a giant cupcake for my brother in august (she said he wants a giant version of one of my black forest gateau ones) LOL

What you on about?! I am coming to you for modelling advice!!! I like your wee people!

I would like one of your minty ones in giant form!!

love that second ben 10 pic!!!! my nephew would love that cake!

goodluck for the sugarpaste ben !! im sure it will look amazing!!

i would just cheat and get a toy off ebay because im sure mine would be awful!!

You could do it! That's what I am going to do if the modelling doesnt work!

I cant wait to see Alex's cake too!

im gonna do a practice cake for alex in the next week or too, because i want it to be perfect

for his second cake (hes got to have two party teas one at my nannas and one at mil's)

im sure i have a number 1 tin somewhere in my collection so im gonna do that .

i was wanting to decorate it like how u done the big me to you cake (nuttymummy) with the piping stars

but do u pipe directly onto the sponge or do u do someting to the cake before??

because i have loads of tins that i could do it for (trains, teddys, superman/batman, mickeymouse etc etc etc ) but didnt know how to do it.

TJG!! your cupcakes look absolutely delish!! may i steal your recipe pretty please? :kiss:

ps ive already stolen your cake and topping recipe! :blush:

I really want to bake something, but all my tins are still at my parents boxed up somewhere so I have to wait untill I can go and get them :( Was planning on going today but the snow but a halt to that!

oooooh change of plan i think

i found a cake i wanna make for alex's birthday it matches his theme hes having

https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee164/cakesbyjean/1cake-Luke.jpg

heres the matching stuff
https://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/rainbowprincess83_2009/mi_sam.jpg

what u think?

aww its so cute!!! i once made a christening cake for twins that matched the invitations!
love it!

LOL andrea...can u imagine the size of the matchmakers on the top LOL

TJG!! your cupcakes look absolutely delish!! may i steal your recipe pretty please? :kiss:

ps ive already stolen your cake and topping recipe! :blush:

Thank you :)

if you have the cake recipe thats the same one for cupcakes! :)

Leanne its fab! Daisy had the girls partyware the same as that!

Cant wait to see his cakes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"