Cake Making & Baking Group

Right, I ned some help!!

Does anyone know where I cna get neon fondant? I know Wilton does/did them, but I cant seem to find them in the UK!

I need neon pink, Orange and a bright green for Emmas birthday cake.

never seen any in UK shops online, but there is an American brand called Mccormicks that do a neon food colouring

***sheepishly peeps round the door***

hey ladies :)
im the ultimate novice, but determined to get baking!
my mum was an excellent baker, and every year we each had the most amazing birthday cake creations, they were legendary! She died 4 years ago now, so will never get to make a birthday cake for Ruby Roo.. so i need to step up and become the birthday cake tradition carrier on-er!

Ruby will be 1 in july, so i have just over 4 months to make a perfect, amazing & best of all, tasty birthday cake for her party!

does anyone fancy taking me under their wing as a cyber apprentice lol? ive zero baking experience, but i can cook, have an art degree so can get creative, im willing to learn and have an excellent taste for a good cake ;-)

seriously.. ive NEVER baked a cake before in my life! where do i start!!!??

you will love it once you start!!

i think that the best starter cake recipe is andreas!! its fab!

not sure on the neon...i know M&B do a bright orange...thats ALMOST neon. but no idea about the green sorry :(

havent got time to answer any one else at the mo.......got a cake in the oven LOL
xxx

so has I really want a choc cake and still haven't been for my cake tins im going to try this
https://www.facebook.com/pages/5-MINUTE-CHOCOLATE-MUG-CAKE/85427078942

Then when my dad fetches some of my cook books round i'll be making a chocolate icecream cake that we used to always make when I was younger and lived at home, that is also done in microwave and is lush!

i have ordered loads of wilton stuff from the US i cant wait till it comes!!!

but im having a super dilemma!!!

i have two birthday cakes to make alex but have 4 i wanna make??

i might do a poll and let everyone else choose??

andrea can i pinch ur pic of daisys birthday cake to explain one of the ones i wanna do ??

how do you get ising sugar off black icing ?? i cant get it off any it looks shite??

heres the cake i made today,

https://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/rainbowprincess83_2009/25920_321428651171_589176171_369220.jpg

i cant find my luster spray and cant get the white icing sugar off the black writing!!

That's brilliant hun!! I dunno how to get the icing sugar off the icing either. Xx

Looks great Leanne!

you can roll out your black icing with cocoa powder so it isnt as obvious, if any icing sugar etc is left on mine I dip a soft paintbrush in water, wipe off the excess then "paint" the icing sugar off iykwim?!

i can cook a decent meal, but allllllll new to baking!
thanks for helping, im determined to do this so really appreciate it xx

no one wants to teach me :-(

I will write up a few things for you later on when Daisy is in bed :) Are you starting from scratch or do you know how to bake etc?!

Do you mind doing it for me too? I know it's cheeky but i really need help :blush:

My new oven arrived today so i can start making the odd one but i'm a complete novice really. I used to help my nannan about 8 years ago but that's as far as i get....:haha: I couldn't do it on my own :roll:

Sorry if i'm cheeky :blush:

Has anyone bought any cake tins from ebay? If so, was they any good or pretty pants?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->