Cake Making & Baking Group

food colour you buy from supermarkets is super diluted, so it never colours well, and usually fades when your icing drys a bit, best to get some of the professional stuff, it last ages too!!!

Yuk! Where is that from? Some have a really odd smell.

My Auntie is going to some kind of icing/cake show on friday and asked if i want anything.Do they offer good prices at these kind of shows?

https://www.craftcompany.co.uk/acatalog/Liquids.html

from here!
Got some Gold too, they both smell rank!

I am starting on a huge cake thats being picked up tomorrow, cant believe I forgot to order the most important thing............fondant!!!!

A trip to tesco is needed!!!!

its for a guys 40th, it is to be a disco dance floor, with buffet table etc! (thats what my fondant food is for!)

cant wait to see it andrea!!

im gonna order some more stuff from america tonight ....im gonna spend a fortune !! :rofl:

hi girls..i had a few pages to catch up on!! stupid thind forgets to send me e-mails when someone has replied on the thread!

as for prices at cake shows.....i find the prices at NEC cake show are abit daft...the only thing i thought was cheap was a stand that was selling 250g of renshaw coloured fondant for £1 everything else i could get cheaper elsewhere.

cant wait to see ur cake andrea.

claydough is abit like plasticine....you cant eat it LOL they are hard toppers for cakes and can be kept.
sugarpaste figures are made from fondant/gumpaste/modelling paste and are edible....though people rarely eat them coz its just a ball of hard icing!!

LMAO...just look at this e-mail i got:

Hello,

I have been looking through your cakes and think they are fab!! you actually did my sisters 21st birthday cake Rachel (she had the bed with her flung over it).

I have some ideas for my birthday cake. i cant see any on your page like i am thinking of and just wondered if you would be able to do it.

I was thinking of a two tier circle cake. on the bottom tier i would like 'Happy 21st Birthday Charlotte' in a nice writing however you do it!! and then on the second tier i would like a few flat 21's a few flat balloons and a few flat party poppers. Could the second tier be made out of edible glitter icing.

Then for the big bit which i don't know if you will be able to do but a cocktail flute type of glass free standing made out of cake. In the glass i would like a figure of me either in the glass or drapped over the glass with the straw going to my mouth. And also in the glass an umbrella made out of cake if possible.

My colour's for my party are black red and silver but not sure on what colour's you could do?? and don't want it to be majorly expensive. My party is on the 17th April.

she doesnt want much does she LOL

Wow that sounds grand and complicated!

Just made some malteaser chocolate fridge cake.Recipe said 6 tablespoons of golden syrup which sounded like alot against the other amounts of ingredients so i did just 5.
Still tastes really really sweet.Don't think i will use as much next time!

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/P3101353.jpg

haha she doesnt want much but on top of that "i don't want it to be majorly expensive."

LMAO i know!!

i said im not doing a glitter tier, im not making a glass from cake..or an umbrella from cake...i mean... WTF!! half of it wouldnt even be cake...just dowels to try n hold it up!! waste of time if u ask me!! LOL
if she goes elsewhere after all that, then its fine with me...she'll pay a fortune for it from a cake shop LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->