Cake Making & Baking Group

LOL if only!! I've just raided the cupboards for chocolate!!!!

I'm at a standstill with my cake, waiting on my ASDA delivery cos I've ran out of eggs!!

Lol that cake does sound a teeny bit unrealistic, speaking of unrealistic me and OH are going to attempt to make a topsy turvy cake for lilly's brithday on tuesday, in for a penny in for a pound eh.

Glitterfairy YUM stop hoarding it all for yourself!!!!

LMAO...just look at this e-mail i got:

Hello,

I have been looking through your cakes and think they are fab!! you actually did my sisters 21st birthday cake Rachel (she had the bed with her flung over it).

I have some ideas for my birthday cake. i cant see any on your page like i am thinking of and just wondered if you would be able to do it.

I was thinking of a two tier circle cake. on the bottom tier i would like 'Happy 21st Birthday Charlotte' in a nice writing however you do it!! and then on the second tier i would like a few flat 21's a few flat balloons and a few flat party poppers. Could the second tier be made out of edible glitter icing.

Then for the big bit which i don't know if you will be able to do but a cocktail flute type of glass free standing made out of cake. In the glass i would like a figure of me either in the glass or drapped over the glass with the straw going to my mouth. And also in the glass an umbrella made out of cake if possible.

My colour's for my party are black red and silver but not sure on what colour's you could do?? and don't want it to be majorly expensive. My party is on the 17th April.

she doesnt want much does she LOL

:shock: :saywhat:

:rofl:

Wow that sounds grand and complicated!

Just made some malteaser chocolate fridge cake.Recipe said 6 tablespoons of golden syrup which sounded like alot against the other amounts of ingredients so i did just 5.
Still tastes really really sweet.Don't think i will use as much next time!

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/P3101353.jpg

mmmmmmmm yummy!!

need ur help girlies

my sisters fiance is coming back from afgan the end of april and there having a welcome home party and want me to do a cake!

any ideas what i can do?

Tracey did a couple of really cool army tent cakes, one had a welocome home flag on it :D

well girls i have been practicing my cakes, O isnt happy cos i have made 3 this week and he is having to eat them all lol! first one i added a few pages back, the second one was a complete disaster beyond photography lol and todays i am quite chuffed with

https://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm2/lollylou1_2008/SDC13527.jpg

Lou
xxx

mmm look at those malteasers MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
god thats right up my street!!

yeah hun, i did a welcome home cake for someone coming home from the army, they ordered an army tent with a little soldier peeping out the front with a gun x

as for the circles, you can just stick them on with abit of water (only a tiny bit thoguh!! too wet and they will slide off!!) or if you want something stronger..for figures etc u can use edible glue...which is just water mixed with abit of gumpaste really! LOL

brilliant cake!!! love the pastel colours :)

well this girl has settled on an idea now...i threw some ideas her way and she was all for it!!

shes having a 2 tier round. bottom tier zebra print, top tier red with black n silver balloons n 21's on (i can think of better designs but thats what she wanted!) and a drunken girl laid in a cocktail glass dressed in a grey dress with her hair blonde worn half up half down LMAO i told her i wasnt a professional u know!! LOL

o yeah...katie and bump... i LOVE topsy turvy cakes...would love to make another one but they are so hard work!! i need a reason to practice...which family members birthday is next... LOL

lol thanks i laid in bed last night and wondered what you used to stick on all the little bits.

Yes it looks like hard work but have stocked up on tools and with OH's help hopefully it will go ok otherwise she'll just be having cupcakes and shreded wheat mini egg choccie nest things for her birthday lol.

Lou that cake looks gorgeous welldone!

Oooh you know how water sticks the little bits to the cake, i want to make fondant spirals and stick them on how would that work because they will be dried out beforehand, if anyone knows?

Hi girls,

Lou that cake is great:thumbup:

Malteser cake looks soooo yummy! I might have to try that!
I made coffee cake and cupcakes last night, for those of you not seen on my FB heres the pics...

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/bnb%20selling/IMG_4257.jpg

still not plucked up the courage to do fondant yet...:haha: I will though!

Ooh they all look so good Jac :) Love the pink cupcakes the best!

That malteaser cake is REALLY good.Going down fast though!!!!

Jac they look so good i want to eat them all up now!

Attempted to make some little bumble bees tonight, pic blurred when i cropped it though :(

Bzzzzz...

https://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss187/oakeyfamily/SDC11483.jpg

This is great! Not only a place to talk about my pregnancy, and family, but my cakes too! I am a baker! I have been baking/decorating for four years now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->