Cake Making & Baking Group

Hi nicegirl can't wait to see your cakes then (no pressure) lol put us all to shame eh. x

Ohhh yeah, me too! I'm well and truly addicted to this cake making lark!

lol girls.....u should be experimenting in your own mind!!
theres a woman who sort of rents a small room at a local fudge gift shop thing...i went down n flicked through her 'cake' book, i was amazed to find pictures of 'lindy smiths' cakes in there....the EXACT picture...not pics of her cake she had replicated..there were other pictures i had seen from the internet too that wernt hers. i was soo shocked, id have gone ballistic if i had found one of my cakes in there! (she wasnt around for me to argue though LOL) cake decorators go to great lengths sometimes to create cake designs...and just ripping off someone elses design is awful....i used to go on 'cake central' a huge cake site full of other people pics, i used to post my pics on there but there were cakes popping up left right n centre all identical to mine!! :rofl: i dont mind if they borrow some ideas, patterns etc....but they did EVERYTHING right down to the last little detail, n people were writing underneath their pics 'gorgeous design' 'how imaginative' n i thought...thats my bloody design u cheeky witch!!! :rofl:
i have to admit...i have a huge folder full of cakes that id like to try, but i look at them now and again just for ideas, i dont copy one...although sometimes every single detail is just so perfect i really really want too LOL.
even when a woman brought me a pic of a wedding cake...i refused to make the same one LOL i said it wasnt fair on the woman who had designed it. LOL

i mean thats just me...but being on the receiving end of having your ideas copied to the T and passing them off as their own idea isnt nice :(

what do u girls think? have any of u had your stuff copied?

BTW andrea whilst im on the subject!! do you know when i said i had a ton of cupcake flavours, designs n names all written down....well one of them is called a cookie crumble and features a mini oreo on the top...you beat me too it though LOL my buttercream is cookie flavoured though too...ive yet to make all the other flavours!

if your icing is dried out and you want to stick them on, edible glue should do it!! or egg white, brush a small amount on, hold it into place for a few seconds n bobs ur uncle...or ur auntie, depending on how u feel :rofl:

^^^^^just re-read the top bit...seems abit intense!! didnt mean it to come across that way...its all lighthearted girls :)

your bees are so cute!! great job! xx

Thats totally out of order nicking her pics!!! OMG!!

Ive bouight a couple of books and am going to try and replicate one or two until I get the hang of it etc but would never pass them off as my own designs...

Girls, Im after some modelling tools now, as I want to try my hand at modelling...can some one recommend some good ones pleaase?:flower:

LOL bloody hell tracey that was intense reading!! :rofl:

have to say, I have been known to copy!! Oops! Not to the exact detail though, I have only been doing it 9 months now so am still finding my imaginative side..... TBH I'm just happy when a cake turns out ok!!!
Dunno about taking credit for the design ........ I'm more giving myself credit that it's not a big old mess on a cake board!!! then people sk to see what I've done so I show them, on here, on FB etc

and the oreo cupcakes were a request from my OH!! He could eat oreos til the cows some home!
Mine was just oreos crumbled into the cake mix, then vanilla topping with crumbled oreo on top! Then a mini one added!

Only thing with them though is , leave adding the oreo right till the last minute cos they go soft REALLY quickly!!

This is the largest wedding cake I've done.

Attachments

• melissa cake.jpg
    melissa cake.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 34
Thats totally out of order nicking her pics!!! OMG!!

Ive bouight a couple of books and am going to try and replicate one or two until I get the hang of it etc but would never pass them off as my own designs...

Girls, Im after some modelling tools now, as I want to try my hand at modelling...can some one recommend some good ones pleaase?:flower:

lol hun...i have to apologize again for that huge paragraph..it does look intense but it really wasnt meant to be.....books are there to be copied :thumbup:
i just got some cheap modelling tools from ebay...think it was a set of 5 (double ended) to be honest you dont really need any more than that, i only use them now and again. if they are dear...it doesnt mean they are any better...they all do the same thing :)
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-JEM-MODELL..._Ceramic_PotteryMaking_SM?hash=item5ad1514944

LOL bloody hell tracey that was intense reading!! :rofl:

have to say, I have been known to copy!! Oops! Not to the exact detail though, I have only been doing it 9 months now so am still finding my imaginative side..... TBH I'm just happy when a cake turns out ok!!!
Dunno about taking credit for the design ........ I'm more giving myself credit that it's not a big old mess on a cake board!!! then people sk to see what I've done so I show them, on here, on FB etc

and the oreo cupcakes were a request from my OH!! He could eat oreos til the cows some home!
Mine was just oreos crumbled into the cake mix, then vanilla topping with crumbled oreo on top! Then a mini one added!

Only thing with them though is , leave adding the oreo right till the last minute cos they go soft REALLY quickly!!

i know....ill apologize again :rofl: it looked intense...but it wasnt really!! sometimes when things come off the top of my head (especially the grouch cake, and the horse box cakes) they are literally something i have come up with on my own....then i find copies all over the internet that are identical!

anyhoo...i also scour the internet for ideas...but i dont think ive ever copied one outright. andrea, you have your imaginative side right from begining...thats why u are making cakes LOL u must be as imaginative as me with all the other crafts you do as well :)
ahh thats where theres a small difference then...the cookie crumbles i have in my head are chocolate cupcakes with choc chips, vanilla buttercream with crushed oreos stirred in and a mini oreo on top :)
i also have a very bizarre one in my head but im not sure how thats going to taste LOL

I have copied designs and taken my own photos but I would never dream of getting a photo of a cake and pass it off as my own! :shock:

It certainly took some reading that did Tracey! :rofl: But I totally understand why you went off on one! xx

so here is the 40th party cake.........
https://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs422.snc3/24369_388670960878_620555878_4942382_8172866_n.jpg
https://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs442.ash1/24369_388670980878_620555878_4942383_4822251_n.jpg

and a few cupcakes I made lastnight with leftover buttercream!
https://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs402.snc3/24369_388670930878_620555878_4942379_8364285_n.jpg
https://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs442.ash1/24369_388670900878_620555878_4942377_6407007_n.jpg
https://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs442.ash1/24369_388670915878_620555878_4942378_6733303_n.jpg

That wedding cake is massive, must have had a lot of guests.

I can totally understand your point about the copying but i'm with jac here, until i get to know fondant a bit better i'm going to stick to replicating until i know more about making shapes and getting more confidant.
I also follow alot of the tutorials on you tube so i'm bound to be copying them because they're teaching me how to do things i.e the bees. The woman who made the bee tutorial is so nice and she shows you how to do things without having all the professional tools to begin with and just using your hands.

I do think it is really mean that they copied your cake without asking permission and passed it off as their own that's not fair, that would annoy me seeing all that praise with no recognition :( afterall it's your hardwork and imagination.

I love the little dj decks and the teeny tiny party food that looks great! Where do you get your cake boxes from girls? xx

seems im not getting my point across....should have just kept my mouth shut.
tutorials and books are there to be copied...as are other peoples cake pics for ideas.......LOL nevermind i cant explain

very cute cake andrea, love the little buffet table so cute!!

might give this thread up...seems i can open my mouth without causing trouble :rofl:

What Tracey means is its ok to copy designs and things BUT not to take other people's pictures and pass them off as your own like this woman had done in her shop! :thumbup: x

LOL I know what its like when you get in a rant I do it all the time and its hard to get your point across! :) xx

lol thats the trouble though aswell..i ddint really mean for it to be a rant....i was just trying to get everyone motivated n get imaginative juices flowing! didnt work though did it? :rofl:

its like you hun who made the bees...they are uber cute....so why dont you try ladybirds or spiders in the same way?..design them just how you want them n have a play!

Yes i was agreeing with you saying i'm bound to be copying things because i'm on the tutorial level and that's ok because people have obviously given their permission like you were tyring to point out. I'm not anywhere near gd enough to do my own stuff but when i do not that i can EVER see anyone wanting to copy something i did haha but i would be wanting recognition. We all see your point and would feel the same i know i would if i was that good. Rant allowed.

Yes that's so funny you said that cos i was saying to my mum last night i really want to try and make ladybirds next because it's similar concept then i might try and make a caterpillar or something because that should be pretty easy with balls as segments for body different colours, definitely inspired me to try my own creations. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->