Cake Making & Baking Group

OK, where can I buy a wilton number 67 icing nozzle please? I need a number 3, 16 and 67..found 3 and 16 but can't find the other anywhere!

ha ha andrea...my OH says i should wh tidy up as you go along, but u cant!!en taking icing out the packaging, i throw it to one side instead of putting it in the bin LOL, and when ive finished baking, i still have bags of flour n sugar left out on the top LOL i make a right mess!

hi helz...i dont use those wilton pans much...they say it requires X amount of cups of batter...i have no clue how much is needed so i usually guess!!
the wilton cakes are mostly decorated by star piping.....dont worry too much about exact sizes...u can usually wing stuff very well with star piping!! covers lots of sins and is great!!
sure youll do a great job! :)

I would love to be taught how to pipe properly with all the different nozzles I have!

I had a dream lastnight that I made an Elmo cake, sitting up like you do your me to you bears Tracey....... and it was covered in star piping like yours!

I'm dying to make a cookie monster cake!

Trying to convince my neice thats what she should have, but she went from wanting a laptop cake, then onto a Pizza cake!

yeah i have loads of nozzles that my grandad gave me, that used to be my nans....there are ones for leaves n petals etc, but im im being totally honest, i love the look of the fondant flowers n leaves...you know, the cartoony type? im not too keen on the piped ones.

andrea ive seen a few of those done...and its great covering in starts coz covering a 3d shape in fondant is just a NIGHTMARE, piping them is easier...forgives lumps and bumps, can be corrected at any time buy just wiping off, and the huge bonus....it looks more like fur!! LOL
found this one just by doing a quick search....
https://www.zerogravity.com.au/cakes/Elmo01.jpg
this has been done just by pulling out more instead of doing little short ones xx

OMG me too!!!

i had a debbie brown book that used bugs bunny peeping out of a mountain of carrots...and have always wanted to do a cookie monster version...him poking out the top of a mountain of cookies
or a huge sat up version like a tatty teddy one :)
we have the same wants....NBC cake, cookie monster lol

Oh wow that cookie monster cake is so clever and dreaming of cake... looks like i'm not the only one obsessed eh?! lol.

Wish I had some mums around to make a mothers day cake for.. my mums i mean not any old random mum lol but my mum lives 3 hours away and russ's mum is in the phillipines, alright for some.. i'm an orphan :(

I'm not going to risk doing any 3d figurines on lils cake i've got the pic of a cake i want to replicate, topsy turvy one and it's got lots of flat spots and stripes and things on. Trying to minimise chance of it going wrong. The only thing i'm dubious about is making the spirals if only you could just use scissors like you can with ribbon.

If anyone has made fondant spirals before any tips would be greatly apreciated.

OMG me too!!!

i had a debbie brown book that used bugs bunny peeping out of a mountain of carrots...and have always wanted to do a cookie monster version...him poking out the top of a mountain of cookies
or a huge sat up version like a tatty teddy one :)
we have the same wants....NBC cake, cookie monster lol

haha we do! It's uncanny!

That is what elmo looked like! maybe I had a premonition! :rofl:

a cookie monster sat up would be toooooo cool!!!

i know what u mean katie...spirals arent the easiest things to do....you could roll a long very thins sausage (really thing) wet one side and then put them on the cake as a spiral....as for cutting them out...it can be quite tricky!!

do u have a pic of the cake with the spirals on?? so we know what sort they are? x

i was gonna do spirals on the Dora cake I was meant to be making but the woman cancelled when I told her the price!!

they expect something for nothing some people dont they...what did she want n what price did u give her....some people just have no idea how much stuff costs!

after seeing alice in wonderland i have a HUGE urge to make an alice in wonderland cake LOL i just love tim burton :)

I tried to do it on a pen rolled it round and then when i came to slide it off it was too dry and broke up think it was too warm in the room though.

Here's a pic... i fell in love with it. Why have i got a feeling your going to say that's my bloody cake lol now that would be funny. Eeeek! :)

https://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss187/oakeyfamily/cake.jpg

Tim burton is my hero!! I want to do a stripey beetlejuice cake too! The list is endless!

The Dora Cake, she wanted a 2 tier stacked cake (12" & 10" with tons of different colours, modelled Dora loads of little extras......

I told her £45 she said no way! I thought that was super cheap!!! Think she went to Tesco in the end!!!

*sigh* i knew i was going to get a comment like that :rofl:

aaaahhh the bow spirals? i thought u meant flat ones on the cake! u can add gum tragcanth to fondant, roll it out, cut a thinnish strip and wind it round a dowel (or something else depending on how thick u want it) youll have to leave them for a few days to dry :thumbup:

i find it a bit weird the cake decorator has made bow loops...but not actually made bows from them? :shrug:...nice colours though.

andrea thats well cheap!! especially the sizes...thats HUGE!

some of my 6" + 8" 2 tiers are £45 never mind 10 n 12!!! her loss eh chuck....she would have to have got a dry one from asda LOL

tracey what would you charge for the dancefloor cake? It's a 16" one, 3 layer of sponge......

16" lord knows thats huge!! i dont even have a tin big enough!
i dont think id buy one that big, they dont seem to cook thoroughly, so id have to do 8" ones, bake 4 n put them together!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->