Cake Making & Baking Group

No cinamon, actually the recipes are from this little binder book I have here called cupcakes and muffins and its for kids really so is quite basic....

ive made a note in the book for next week.

Whats the best way to send a cake through the post andrea...its for one of ants mates. Im thinking maybe a sponge cake with a bit of buttercream in, wrapped in bubblewrap and in a cake tin...would it be in one piece when it arrived you think?

it probably would if you packed it well enough!

I would wrap in clingfilm first then bubblewrap cos bubblewrap will be dusty, not good for cakes!

Once its in the tin, just pack it tighly with either greaseproof paper or kitchen roll then mark fragile on the box :)

i wish i had a break from cakes andrea! LOL, well saying that i have an order for some mothers day cupcakes, then my next cakes isnt till the 19th. (friday next week!) i have 2 finished sat in my kitchen now, just need to take pics and they should be on their way at the end of the day!

I love carrot cake with cream cheese frosting ontop! I always put cinnamon and nutmeg and sometimes mixed spice. Do you put walnuts/pecans and fruit in it jac? I find it makes a big diff and keeps it realllly moist.

hey ladies, thought i'd pop in a say hi :hi: i'm baking just as a hobby, though james keeps laughing at me as it goes against my other hobby, dieting and exercising :lol: (i give all my cakes away :blush:)
wow i cannot believe how talented you all are! i've been baking for years, but it's the actual decorating i can't do, so it's just plenty of practise i suppose!
this weekend i have loads of cupcake's to bake - it's my gramp's 90th birthday and party, and my mum wanted me to make a cake - which i said - nope to cos i'm not good enough, so i'm doing a batch of vanilla and a batch of chocolate cupcakes :D

also, can i ask a pretty stupid, i've always just greased my tins, but i was reading anout greasing and flouring the tins, what do you do? i was thinking about getting some release spray but read it can cause the top to burn :shrug:

oh and andrea :hissy: wished we lived closer!!

Hey ladies I know its a bit late but can anyone help me?

I am taking a friend of mine to our local cake supplier as we are going to buy the things I need for her SIL's birthday cake.

She wants it iced yellow with a gun on the top as her SIL is in a band called Colt44.

Any ideas how on earth I make a gun outta fondant? x

i butter the tins then put some flour in and shake around and tip excess out, works fab!

kelly ive no idea how you could do it ? maybe just cut the shape out and add detail with icing ??

thank you PSB - soooo helpful :D that is just what i did and it came out great, its currently cooling in the kitchen :yipee:

kelly - yep i would do what leanne suggested - thats how i did my hello kitty cupcakes - i found an online 'how to' and followed it :) you could google image templates :D

Just made a batch of scones.Can't wait to have one with some jam and a cuppa later :)

My Aunt got me some blue baby feet decorations to use on my baby shower cupcakes i'm doing in a few weeks time from the Icing show today.

She was saying that the cupcake room was the busiest and most popular.They do seem to be the 'in' fashionable thing at the moment don't they?

:cry: My cake just totally fell apart when I tried to take it out of the pan :( I'm so upset! Gonna try and piece it together but I'm not keeping my hopes up ugh

yeah cupcakes are definately the 'in' thing....theres loads of cupcake businesses popping up all over the place, one has started on a near by market, a friend is hoping to start one up, theres just loads around at the minute!

yeah i flour the tins too :)

how come your cake fell apart hun? are you taking it out of the tin before its cooled enough? xxx

and good luck with your 90th birthday cupcakes, mmmm choccy ones!! :)

hhhmmm a gun.....very hard! id have to paint one on!!

Blah, was the first time I ever made carrot cake and all that went in it was uhmmmm..carrots :rofl: Im going to attempt to do it again next week in a ring tin with cinammon, orange rind and orange juice and frost it with cream cheese frosting then top it with walnuts:thumbup:

I used greese proof first but oh what an arse having to cut it all out so then I bought some trex and use that on its own, works great for me. :thumbup: I have some wilton release spray here but not used it yet.

Tomorrow I am making a recipe from the hummingbird book, coconut meringue cake:cloud9:

i use wilton bake easy release spray, best thing I ever bought!

It lasts ages!!

Does anyone have a yummy scone recipe, I'm itching to bake but my other ingredients for my coconut meringue havn't arrived yet...got cherries though, fancy cherry scones!

mmm i love cherries...they are my total favourite!! even right down the the fake scent of them in bubble baths mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

well heres my latest 2 cakes.....very basic and boring ones LOL

https://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs388.snc3/23707_361393768322_509248322_3641595_3867745_n.jpg
https://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs368.snc3/23707_361393818322_509248322_3641596_5874602_n.jpg

ohhh they are fab!

I would be so chuffed if I made those, maybe one day:haha:

They are lovely Tracey :D

I was hoping to make some cupcakes this weekend with my new cake tins but I'm very busy today so may make them tomorrow if I have enough eggs left! :D

Making a 3 course meal for friends, fishcakes and salad for starter, chicken wrapped in parma ham served with a garlic and white wine sauce, mash and chantaney carrots :) then a chocolate fondant with double cream or custard

Off to start my prep now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->