Cake Making & Baking Group

im not surprised! my oven is on all the time too...my cakes take an hour to cook, and i bake to, so thats a minimum of 2 hours...nevermind all the pre-heat time and time inbetween whilst im mixing the second cake. and thats only if it a bog standard 8" round LOL

I did 6 sponges in swiss roll tins! So they ended up all super fluffy and light, then cut it down a bit and stuck it altogether with Jam!!

we yalking yumminess again in here?:haha:

Ohhh my books arrived today, got one that was recommended by hevz, the hummingbird bakery cookbook, ohh some of the recipes in there yum! Got some debbie brown quick n easy party cakes, although some of them look far from easy:dohh:

I'm still waiting for my new rolling pin to do my fondant and then I'm going to have trial go of this fondant lark. I want to experiment with all these new wilton nozzles I won from ebay....im all excited!

I have the hummingbird book jac. I didnt like the cupcakes or brownie recipes.. too sweet! but the pie recipes mmmmm especially the keylime and pumpkin pies!

I really wanna make a cake tonight but no ingredients :cry: maybe my oh will take me to tesco. wanted to do a sponge but with buttercream over it instead of fondant :eek:

I am in the mood to bake bake and bake some more! Have no ingredients or anything though.

I have the Hummingbird bakery book too.Looks like some lovely recipes in there.

i have that debbie brown book...the 50 easy party cakes one....i think ive only made one out of there!! LOL

ive heard of that hummingbird one....i think mine is the primrose bakery book...i dont see the point in me buying them really because i never follow the recipes!! :rofl: i make my usual sponge n just add the flavoured bits!!! like the raspberry n white choc ha ha xx

:blush: the only baking books I have bought, are vintage ones off ebay that will look cool on my kitchen shelves!!!!!! :D

I do the same as Tracey! Just add whatever is in the cupboard!

I am having a break for a week now, no cake order till next weekend, for a girl off here :D
Its her Mums 50th, I am excited to do this one cos she pretty much let me decide what I wanted to do!
Its all flowers and ribbon..... my kind of cake!!!

Hello girles...been ages since i popped in.
I am planning on making more cupcakes...again....lol i am addicted.
Still after my 1m star nozzle...cant find it in stock! arh.
I need to buy some boxes for the cupcakes to put them in, i know some of you recommended some websites but i never saved addy....any ideas?
Also Jacs, where did you find those pastle silicone cupcake holders?
i have only ever seen the bright ones.
x

Pink, I just threw out a ton of those scillicon cases! :dohh: I got mine from ASDA.

I get my cake boxes whenever I order cake stuff from here......... (i get my cupcake boxes there too......
https://www.craftcompany.co.uk/

Pink, I just threw out a ton of those scillicon cases! :dohh: I got mine from ASDA.

I get my cake boxes whenever I order cake stuff from here......... (i get my cupcake boxes there too......
https://www.craftcompany.co.uk/

arhhh wish i had asked before...have not seen them in asda before....hhhmm might head there afterwork tomorrow for a look.
Right i search thread and managed to order nozzle from a link jacs posted. The open star nozzles i have are quite small so glad i have managed to order this one. fingers crossed it may even arrive sat! but doubt it lol.
Thanks hun..will have a look now.
x

i get my cupcake boxes from here

https://www.cupcakeboxesuk.com/

i made coffee and walnut cake today , it was super yummy and some cupcakes.

Wow they seem a great price hunni. thanks
Was browsing on ebay too for them
x

Pink, I love my 1m nozzle:cloud9:

Ive been baking again girls...seriously addicted now...

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/bnb%20selling/IMG_4266.jpg

The large ones are banana and walnut and the small ones are fresh carrot:thumbup: I felt the carrot ones were lacking something though....thet werent as twangy as I expected:wacko:

Wow they seem a great price hunni. thanks
Was browsing on ebay too for them
x

£5.99 is a lot for delievery.
Are they good height wise? like when the cupcakes are decorated they dont get wrecked?
x

Jac try adding some freshy squeezed orange juice, orange rind and some extra cinnamon to your carrot ones :)

PInk it is expensive but most places will charge you that!
The thick cardboard ones from there are really sturdy :thumbup:

Jac try adding some freshy squeezed orange juice, orange rind and some extra cinnamon to your carrot ones :)

all together? and how much of each? approx..?

hhmmm i may work out a bulk order then to make the most of the del charge lol.
better do it now as they will prob deliver sat when i will be in to collect
xx

edit: just read they dont deliever on sats! thats no help when i work all week

all together? and how much of each? approx..?

dunno, I usually just guess!

A medium size jaffa orange, rinded and the juice from it.....

did you have cinammon in your first recipe?

I'd probably add about 2 teaspoons

Not made carrot cake for years! Might make it this weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->