Calling all Donor Sperm/Insemination Buddies!!!

That's so great!! So happy for you.

I'm taking a break. Maybe indefinitely. I've been realizing over the months my feelings for oh have changed and I can't keep doing this so lot of soul searching to do

Thank you! I'm off to get blood work to make sure my progesterone level is ok and to check my hcg while I'm there.

Best wishes for you whichever direction you end up going.:hugs:

Whoa Kyla - we need to catch up!

WayPast - How are you feeling? Did you get your beta results back?

I feel completely normal...I don't know if that's good or bad. I got my blood drawn at 2:45 yesterday so they said that I might not get the results back till tomorrow. I'm really hoping they'll be in today though.

Oh yikes! That seems like a long wait for a beta!

Whatever you're feeling is good. If you're feeling a lot - that's good. If you're feeling nothing at all - that's good. I know it's hard (impossible?) to accept, but every one and every pregnancy is different - try not to over analyze any symptoms (or lack thereof).

What matters are the betas and the scans. If those are good, then you are good, regardless of what you do or don't feel.

--That's just my PSA coming from someone who really didn't have a ton of symptoms, and spent some time worrying about that, until I realized that TONS of women have symptom less pregnancies. My symptoms didn't start kicking up a bit around week 9 or so.

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement! Just out of curiosity, what should I be hoping for my beta level? I was thinking that it really wouldn't tell me anything until I had the second one to make sure it's doubling.

You're right - you can't really tell anything until the second beta. For example - I was just looking at a thread where someone said their 5w(something)d beta came back at something like 13,000. My 5w betas were 108 (5w2d) and 584 (5w5d). I used this: https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/beta_doubling_calculator.php for reference.

Is your second beta scheduled yet?

Ok, thanks! I haven't scheduled it yet. I was thinking maybe I'd go back to the lab on Thursday.

It's not looking good for me. My beta on Monday came back at 19...I'm still awaiting my second draw that I had done on Thursday, but in the meantime I started cramping and bleeding yesterday. The cramps eased up this morning, but the bleeding seemed a little heavier, so I ended going in to get checked and they said my hcg dropped to 6. They also did an ultrasound and said they saw something in there still but my chances of keeping it were zero. Looks like it'll take a miracle at this point.

Getting my first donation for this cycle tonight. I went to see a midwife last week, and she agreed that I needed a stronger dose of the progesterone than the cream I was using. She actually has me taking it the entire cycle (minus when I'm bleeding) to get it high enough. She said it won't get high enough to sustain a pregnancy if I start it after ovulation. My levels are just too low right now. I was super nervous that it would stop my ovulation if I started it before I ovulated, and I'm pretty sure I asked her 3 times if she was sure I would still ovulate. Guess she was right because I got a super dark opk yesterday (Day 11!!!!!). I've never ovulated anywhere near this early in my cycle. I'm hoping and praying that I'll conceive again this cycle and that my progesterone level will be high enough to sustain it.

A little update on my situation:

AF showed yesterday (first time since miscarriage), but we'll be sitting out for a few months before trying again because the most amazing thing happened! We were not seeking out another adoption (obviously) since we've been pursuing the donor sperm route, but apparently God had other plans for us. A friend of a friend of a friend, let us know about an opportunity to adopt a newborn baby girl through the state. We thought it was an absoutely long shot but ended up bringing her home only 6 hours after being contacted by the state! So we brought home our 4 lb 4 oz preemie baby #2 on March 6th and are ecstatic!

We're technically non-relative placement for right now in the process of adopting her. Parental rights are getting terminated in an expedited manner since both birth parents have lost their rights previously and there was drug exposure.

Wow! That's crazy fast! Do you mind sharing what state you live in?

Peanut is mom's 4th child. She doesn't have custody of any of her other children either. But here we are, 5 months in, still on a reunification track. We're hopeful to be able to adopt her as well, though.

We're in FL. The state told us that there's no way that birth mom can parent the baby. There is a very slim chance that the dad can but didn't show up at the hearing to fight to parent her, and there is no other family. So even though they can't guarantee us anything, they've said it's more of a matter of when the adoption is finalized than if it will be. As long as we pass our home study, we should be good.

Seems doubtful that the bio mom of your peanut will end up parenting.

Congrats Waypasatready. What a wonderful turn of events!!

I wanted to share a new syringe I have been using. Mosie Baby. It's so much better than the plastic oral syringes I used previously. It rounded and comfortable and designed for at home insemination. I used it this past week and hopefully its makes the difference!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->