**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

Not knackered yet, my gums are already taking a hit :( even a gentle brush of my teeth fills my mouth with blood. Last pregnancy I got recession in two places, have to watch it this time.

I'm down Lisburn way :)

Hi weerach! :hi:
I really have to get some more bras, I've only the 2 granny bras from m&s now and not sure how long they'll last haha.

i got an abscess when i was pregnant with poppy, ended up in hospital getting it lanced. VERY PAINFUL.

oh and what's got 2 thumbs and is getting a sweep on her due date?? THIS GIRLLLLLL!!

im not too bad weerach, definitely ready to get the kid outta me!! god it's scary... i remember being 6 weeks with this one. seems like no time at all has passed :nope:

Ouch abcesses are so not fun!!!

Great news about the sweep!! :) Not long now til babs makes their grand entrance!! :)

Oh dear, my gums have been lucky so far then. Ooh iv never had a sweep but its to help bring on labour?

yep! basically a mw or doc puts a finger in behind your cervix (if possible) and "sweeps" round to separate the membranes. it doesn't have a hugely high success rate but it worked for me with my DD!

I had went for one with my last pregnancy but ended up not getting it cos my son was breech lol.

did u deliver vaginally rach or a section?

Elective section, they offered to turn him but i refused as they can wrap cord round neck, force ur waters to break and u could end up with emergency section anyway,apparently it really hurts,leaves bruises but they give gas and air..i also refused to deliver him bum first vaginally. Ouch

Hey weerach, congrats on baby number 3 :) my wee lady was born in December x

Fab news nuke! Iv sweep booked day after my due date, sore! But worth it as mine was 100% effective. Nuke 9days hard to believe!

Sports bras our my best friend when pregnant!

I think my baby is slowly getting it's self ready to appear on time, been having this niggly feeling he/she is getting themselves ready!!!

X

Elective section, they offered to turn him but i refused as they can wrap cord round neck, force ur waters to break and u could end up with emergency section anyway,apparently it really hurts,leaves bruises but they give gas and air..i also refused to deliver him bum first vaginally. Ouch

ouch is right!! are you going for a vbac this time round or another section?

Hey weerach, congrats on baby number 3 :) my wee lady was born in December x

Fab news nuke! Iv sweep booked day after my due date, sore! But worth it as mine was 100% effective. Nuke 9days hard to believe!

Sports bras our my best friend when pregnant!

I think my baby is slowly getting it's self ready to appear on time, been having this niggly feeling he/she is getting themselves ready!!!

X

mine hurt like hell but worked! totally worth it.

I was hoping for vbac but didnt have a clue there were risks until i joined this site, i really dont know yet.

it's a very personal choice and tbh I don't know what I'd do in that situation! the risks are small but still there. :hugs:

are u finding out the sex?

It didn't help when OH said she shoved her whole hand/arm up till her elbow :0 felt like it lol think he was trying to lightin the mood but it didn't help! I almost crawled over the top of the bed X

I had an attemped sweep at 38 weeks, no chance though.

Ack, ouchie vagie times. Not looking forward to. Looking forward to your sweep and hope it works and does stuff!

Lindsay, yay for sweep! and you too Courtney. B came out after 3rd sweep at 40+10 last time - so no idea if it was the sweep that did it or not!
Weerach, I'm sure they'll talk you through it all at the hospital re the VBAC option. Are you going to Ulster? I have a friend who had an unplanned vbac two weeks ago!
Bridget and I are going food shopping this morning -that's how rock and roll my life is at the minute. I hadn't figured that stopping work would leave me so all over the place, looking forward to German lessons starting next Monday, although it does mean I'll have to be a bit more organised in the morning!

Yea will be at the ulster, did everything work out well with your friend? Im hoping to find out the sex, did you's find out / want to find out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->