**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

Hey girls, at what week should you get your Mat B1 form? I google sit and it said 15 weeks before EDC which would be 25 weeks, right? I am not up at hosp again until 28 weeks. Dunno how I am gonna get round that one.

I just assumed i would get it at 28 weeks and that would be ok.

Congrats Reno!
lanning, what a cow that woman is! Hope some of the clothes work out OK
Majella, great news on the smokes! I stopped 7 1/2 years ago now, but realising that LOTS of people smoke in Germany, so it's hard to avoid sometimes...
Izzy, you can get MATB1 any time from 20 weeks. You have to let your employer know by 15 weeks before EWC (ie 25 weeks) if you are applying for SMP, so you would need to have it by then - the good news is your GP can write one for you, and mine was happy when I just called up (from Germany!) and asked the receptionist - my dad was able to collect it the same day.

Well done Majella :) Good woork :)

Mummylanning New Look do some nice maternity clothes, any stuff I've gotten so far I've gotten from there.

I also like Peacocks for some cheap and cheerful tops, and I got nice cropped jeans there too this time :)

Izzy, you can get MATB1 any time from 20 weeks. You have to let your employer know by 15 weeks before EWC (ie 25 weeks) if you are applying for SMP, so you would need to have it by then - the good news is your GP can write one for you, and mine was happy when I just called up (from Germany!) and asked the receptionist - my dad was able to collect it the same day.

Bugger, I'll need to make that call tomorrow.....

*Edit* Phew I have just checked and my employer doesnt need it until 26 weeks. So i can get it tomorrow and post it tomorrow first class and it will arrive on time (just)

I think that was the right details regarding SMP and work - I wouldn't panic too much, but I guess if you can get it done this week it'll keep you right, as you're still in week 25... I used to be such a bore on all the mat leave SMP stuff, but as we've left the country now, some of the detail has vacated my head! It should be straighforward enough :)

urgh just typed a big reply and it went!
https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyT...pport/Expectingorbringingupchildren/DG_175881
Sounds like you're OK anyway, but apparently you just need to tell them by 25th week when you plan to go on mat leave, then you can give them the MATB1 later...

I have read through all my maternity notes from work and I will make sure I getting done tomorrow.

Got some clothes today. Went for comfort over style. New look and h&m were the best although the sizes were a bit weird but got sorted!

I was asked twice today when I plan to go off on mat leave and I haven't even thought about it yet. Obv I can't wait to get off but it still seemed so far away so I bent worked it out. Do 2nd time mums finish up work earlier this time round?

I finished much later with DD2! I worked til 29 weeks (paid til 31 weeks with Easter hols) first time. The second time I worked to 35 weeks (paid to 39 weeks as it was summer hols!!), but i was part time the second time round, so I think it was easier to manage...

here's my viable bump from Monday!

Attachments

• IMAG0867.jpg
    IMAG0867.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1
Happy V day Holywood!!

I got my MatB form at my appointment at 29 weeks. I asked for it before that and the dr said he wouldn't give it any earlier - sure enough when I got it, it said they should not give it out before 25 weeks.

Your employer needs to know you are planning on going off 15 weeks before, but the MatB is just to confirm it, rather than having to hand it over at 15 weeks.

That's weird Conina, mine were happy to do it at 22 weeks when I called up! And the direct.gov.uk website says 20 weeks - ah well, I'm glad you got it sorted anyway!

happy belated v-day! really cute little bump you have there! :D

Yay for V day!
Cute bump

Jax got his six week check yesterday, his weight is now 11lb 8oz, HV says he is doing so well. Next friday is his first jabs and my check up. Hopefully i get the all clear to get back to doing proper workouts again

good luck with the jabs Emma! Poppy only cried for about 5 second with her first ones, that seems to be the norm! Lola;s got her heel prick today :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->