Calling all Watermelon's

Sigh I keep getting awful headaches. It's absolutely terrible. I take one tylenol and I feel guilty about it but I really need it. I do not have low bp though. It was very high at my 10 week visit but lower at my 15 week (just check ups once a month). I think I was worried at the 10/11 week scan because I hadn't seen or heard baby and I wasn't sure if he or she would still be growing in there. And I was very emotional (hormonal) that day and I was about to cry when she took my bp. Had they taken my pressure again after seeing baby on a scan I think it would have been lower.

Nicki that is great you got your time off! It's a wonderful idea the gender reveal I think I should definately do something with my family but don't know what yet. It would have to be on Saturday July 21st. We will see. I'll talk to my mom about it. Sorry to hear about your rare blood type. I'm sure it adds a bit of extra stress but rare isn't too rare compared to how many people there are in the world having babies so I'm sure it'll be just fine. As for the weight gain I have only gained about 7lbs which I think is great because I was on a very low calorie diet before falling pregnant so I was bound to gain something after I quit limiting my calories. Anyway I'm already wearing my maternity clothes. :blush: I have a great big belly.

Sorry so long, hope youre all doing well!

Hi Ladies,

Im getting ready to go shopping today with my mom. Hopefully i can find some decent maternity clothes. I have a private scan booked 1 week from today. Its the 3d/4d scan and the lady is very good. According to her, we should be able to find out the gender then. I really hope so as we are going to North Carolina to visit my sister and i really want to tell her in person- I think im going to surprize her with a cake with the color inside. How is everyone else doing? Im feeling some better- the headaches have eased some and I seem to have more energy now- i just hope it lasts!

Exciting! I'm feeling better today. I definitely need to go maternity shopping soon, although my bump has shrunk again the last few days. I can't wait until I have a cute bump... instead of looking pudgy/bloated and exhaused. I've gained 7.5 lbs so far but atleast the need to constantly stuff food in my face has subsided the last few days.

We are booking a private scan sometime next week to find out the gender and are doing either cakes or cupcakes with our immediate family! Now that we've decided we want to know the gender, I don't think I can wait until the end of July and we both thought it would be awesome to have a video of bubs dancing around. I've already convinced myself it's a girl so if it ends up being a boy i'll be very surprised!

I've been wearing maternity tops for the past 3 fridays :) These were the ones my boss surprised me with. DH and I did stop by Destination Maternity and I brought two more. Just more comfy that regular tops.

We find out the gender next saturday and my SIL is having a cookout that day so maybe we'll share with them that day when we go over. I'm still undecided if I want to keep gender a secret until after our 20 week scan or roll with whatever they tell us at 17w4d so we'll see.

Hey all, had it kind of rough today. Anyone suffering from really bad round-ligament pain? I've had it bad from about lunchtime today and it hasn't gone away regardless of whether I'm sitting/lying down/moving about. Its been this really sharp stabbing pain and I've found it hard to even stand up straight :(

Yes! I feel like im being sharply poked right now and yesterday I kept getting random shooting pains like lighting that made me jump. I started standing up very slowly and it helps with the standing up cramps.

Aww thanks for that reply Sigh! I've been having these pains if I get up suddenly and stuff but this is the first time I've had it consistently regardless of what I am doing. Another joy of pregnancy I'm going to have to learn to love!!! I feel so very naive - I had no idea about half the things I'm already feeling at this stage!:dohh:

If I sneeze hard or get up too fast I get a sharp twinge just above my pubic bone. Is that similar? Whats round ligament pain? x

I had terrible round ligament pain a few weeks ago. I could very walk up and down stairs. Thankfully it only lasted a few weeks.
Nikkibrum..Round ligament pain is when your ligaments stretch due to our growing bellies.

I've been wearing maternity tops for a few weeks now too. I noticed I popped a bit more this week too. Then I stepped on a scale and realized I had gained 7 lbs already. Up until I was 12 weeks I hadn't gained any. So I've gained 7 lbs in just 5 weeks.. Yikes! I haven't had much of an appetite so I'm hoping it's all baby and not me putting on the weight..

Ooh, I like this idea! I'm an avocado this month -- our LO is due Dec. 5th!

Just a quick question; have people put weight on yet? I am seeing a few threads on here where people are only a week or two ahead of us and seem to have their bumps and a small/big weight gain dependent and it got me thinking.... I havent put a sinlge lb on yet. Emma's diary say this week we should have gained approximately 5lbs.

What is your body doing? I know everyone is different but I want my bump now! lol (im sure i wont be complaining in a few months)

In the first trimester, I might have gained all of one or two pounds -- that was all, and I'm not positive that I gained that much. I would weigh myself and one week I'd be up and then the next I'd be down again. My clothes were getting tighter and tighter but the scale did not really move for the first 14 weeks. Now, at 16, I'm up another four or five pounds, which seems crazy to me -- five pounds in two weeks! I have a little bit of a bump, but I've had it from about 14 weeks on -- I think the weight gain is in my boobs and butt, but not my belly so much. I could be wrong though!

I have not put on any weight yet, but I usually tend to put on pregnancy weight in the last 20 weeks than the first. Plus I am off my food, not really eating a lot in the first 3-4 months. However I am getting my appetite back so I am sure will the weight gain will come.

Hi everyone! I am in my last few onion days. 2nd baby ( 12 yrs apart ) Apart from falling asleep at random intervals, all is going well.

:flower::flower:

Due 14th December, 20 week scan on the 27th July, Olympic Opening Ceremony day! I cant wait! Becoming very impatient!!! xx

Im on Friday. Do we listen to the heartbeat at this appointment then?

To be honest we have a doppler anyway. Just wondering if it would be clearer on their machines. Dunno if my OH will be off work to come along. hmmmmm

Nicki, did your partner manage to be off work to go along to the appointment? And did the MW listen to the heartbeat and let you hear it too?

My appointment is a week on Friday and I doubt my partner will manage to take the time off. The midwife apps are more for me really I think and if the mw didnt let us listen to the heartbeat I think it would be a pointless journey for my partner! Considering getting a doppler, but Id panic if I dont find anything one day for some reason! x

I remember being on here when i was a Lemon! Nice to see the title moving along nicely :). I wouldnt be to concerned nickibrum, i havent gained a dime either. I actually weight less then what i did at 4 weeks pregnant. Midwife hasnt said anything, just keeps adjusting my maternity notes and BMI score (now under 25). My boobs have gone up a few cups sizes though which is costing me a fortune in bra's, just brought some DD nursing bra's from Ebay but even that cup feels tight so just ordered an E :nope: x

Im a bit late, but ill join in!

How many weeks are you? My dates are a few days out from the scan, so Ill go with scan dates - 15 weeks 5 days

How many other children do you have? 0

Are you going to find out girl/boy or leave it a surprise at your scan? Yes, definetly, have a while to wait though, 27th July

What do you think you are having -boy/girl/no idea? Ive changed my mind again and again. But I always go back to my original thought, boy.

Next scan date? 27th July

How are you feeling? Crap. Very tired and Im still being sick at least once a day. Very happy though :)

What are you most looking forward to? Seeing the baby on the tv again next month, feeling baba move...Having a brand new baba for Christmas. Smiles.

What are you most worried about? Being sick all the way through. How Im going to manage with work in the later stages. It sounds odd but Im not worried about how the baba is developing, I know hes ok xx

What sort of birth are you hoping for? Vaginal and the baba latching on well afterwards x

Im on Friday. Do we listen to the heartbeat at this appointment then?

To be honest we have a doppler anyway. Just wondering if it would be clearer on their machines. Dunno if my OH will be off work to come along. hmmmmm

Nicki, did your partner manage to be off work to go along to the appointment? And did the MW listen to the heartbeat and let you hear it too?

My appointment is a week on Friday and I doubt my partner will manage to take the time off. The midwife apps are more for me really I think and if the mw didnt let us listen to the heartbeat I think it would be a pointless journey for my partner! Considering getting a doppler, but Id panic if I dont find anything one day for some reason! x

Hey

Yes he did manage it. We got the midwife to put a star next to all the appointments he should be with me for so now we dont have to guess if its just paperwork, blood pressure etc.

Yes they did let us listen but only for about 10 seconds. I really rate the dopplers. I dont use mine every day, maybe once or twice a week, and now that my belly has popped i find it pretty much everytime.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I think I felt baby move for the first time!! Not quite the butterfly sensation but like a tiny tugging. It was consistent for about 20 seconds then stopped and then i felt the same sensation again a few mins later.

I dunno if this is hopefully thinking or what. But I swear it was movement. Yesterday I felt terrible and i think baby was doing backflips in there. lol

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Nicki thats lovely!!! I too have been feeling bits and bobs, woke up in the middle of the night last night and it felt like something was going on in my tummy!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->