Calling all Watermelon's

Just found out my company do the childcare vouchers scheme for £243 a month. We already knew my hubby also has that scheme in place. So I dont think we will need to actually put physical money towards childcare each month, it will just happen automatically.

Are people putting their children with a nursery or with a childminder? Are childminders more flexible? x

At my 16 week appointment last time I did get to listen to the HB. But as I already had a doppler it wasn't anything new.

I've yet to meet my midwife! The one at my booking in appointment was a general one at the antenatal clinic. I really hope she is nice. I was lucky to have a lovely one last time who actually came to visit me whilst I was in the Postnatal ward.

I've changed my car since having my DS so not sure if it has an isofix point so will need to check. His current seat is one to be used until 12yrs old so doesn't use isofix.

Just back from my 16 week midwife appt. waste of time ladies. All she did was check blood pressure and urine. No Doppler or feeling tummy. She said they don't do any of that til 25 weeks. So I don't go again until 25 weeks, I questioned if this is safe as I am 39 year old but she said there's no risk of pre eclampsia til 25 weeks so they don't do extra appts?????

Just found out my company do the childcare vouchers scheme for £243 a month. We already knew my hubby also has that scheme in place. So I dont think we will need to actually put physical money towards childcare each month, it will just happen automatically.

Are people putting their children with a nursery or with a childminder? Are childminders more flexible? x

We have just found out we get a bit of extra help; hubby is a fire fighter and they have some voucher schemes in place which is handy as he works in london and we live in hampshire so childcare will be tricky!

My mum returned to work end of last year which is amazing for her but selfishly sucks for me as previously we thought she could help with this. Now its nursery...although hubby gets 4 days off every week so a childminder would be easier as he could then have the baby when he is off ...but his shifts move on a day each week so im not sure how accomodating childminders would be with this sort of thing!

I guess we have lots to sort out. I think ill return to work 4 days a week....

We have just found out we get a bit of extra help; hubby is a fire fighter and they have some voucher schemes in place which is handy as he works in london and we live in hampshire so childcare will be tricky!

My mum returned to work end of last year which is amazing for her but selfishly sucks for me as previously we thought she could help with this. Now its nursery...although hubby gets 4 days off every week so a childminder would be easier as he could then have the baby when he is off ...but his shifts move on a day each week so im not sure how accomodating childminders would be with this sort of thing!

I guess we have lots to sort out. I think ill return to work 4 days a week....

Hi kelly and welcome- I added you to our front page! :)

I guess the fact you roughly know shifts they might be accomodating. My OH currently does random shifts but I dont particularly want to pay for childcare if he will be at home. Saying that sometimes he is so knackered he sleeps til 2pm if he did a 15 hour shift and came in a 6am. Things are changing soon so were hoping he will change to 40 hours a week and we might be able to say right he can never work a Tuesday. That would be the most ideal.

I plan to go back to work 3 days a week to start off with and then up it to 4 or 5 after LO is 18 months I think. See how we go and how much childcare is by then! lol. I have read that they are trialing a new system where 2 year olds will get 15 hours free childcare rather than waiting til 3. Its a incentive to get people back to work quicker as childcare costs have gone sky high. Fingers crossed that comes into play when our LO is 2 :)

Has anyone succumbed to purchasing the book Fifty Shades of Grey??

I would love to know your thoughts on it. Im 25% of the way through and Im bored to tears. What an earth is all the fuss about? I havent got to the *good* bit yet but i think thats just around the corner and I couldnt care either way.

Thoughts??

I've bought it on my kindle an to be honest literary it is poor. It is very saucy and but the writing skills of the author are poor. There appears to be no real storyline behind all the sex scenes. I'm getting really fed up with all the 'inner goddess' quotes. And how many times does Mr Grey have to 'cock his head to the one side'.

I will finish reading it as I'm about 75% of the way through it. But I don't think I'll be purchasing the other two. I think it was just overhyped by women as it was the book to be seen reading!

Thanks Sharan. I only got it as my friends were asking about it and i thought for £2.50 odd i had nothing to loose. Wish I hadnt have bothered. Ive read better written Mills and Boon books and they were free! grrrr.... Hopefully I will finish it by tonight. I wont be getting the next ones at this rate.

Im due to get my Moses basket and Isofix base delivered today. BTW boots have £7.50 worth of bonus points if you spend £30 instore. Im getting my sterrilser tonight and a few other bits to get me up to the bonus points. Fingers crossed they will let me use my other bonus points too :)

Anyone else very dizzy? I have low BP so I get dizzy standing up a lot but I was sitting and became dizzy yesterday and had to spend the whole morning laying down. It was my 30th bday yesterday... my husband and I took off to celebrate and we ended up staying in for most of the day :(

Sigh I do get the occasional dizzy spell but it isn't as bad as what you've decribed. I know dizziness is common in pregnancy but be sure you mention it to your doctor as they might have a suggestion as to how to stop it. Oh and happy 30th!

As for me I am an Avocado today! Hooray! I wish I could see baby as I just worry so much! 29 days until my gender scan!

Yaye for being an avacado ImSoTired! I know that worry feeling. I'm counting down as well. 28 days until my 20 week scan.

Although I have a private scan in 9 days I don't have much faith in it for some reason... :huh:

Happy belated birthday Sigh

My bp was fine last time it was checked but i keep feeling dizzy and getting lots of headaches.

I havent been dizzy. Im seeing the midwife tomorrow so will let you know what BP i like.

On another note- finished Fifty Shades of Grey.... can I have a refund? Awful!

I've felt dizzy on occasions but only when I've stood up too suddenly. I had my midwife appointment yesterday and was told my BP was within the normal range. I also got to hear Beanie's HB too which was a nice surprise as I didn't think the she would check. She found it almost immediately.

I'm on my last 100 pages of Fifty Shades. I know it's not really had the desired effect on me. If I had indeed enjoyed I would have read the whole book within a couple of days. Certainly very disappointing and I too would like a refund!

Thanks Imsotired & blu_butterfly! I've had a pounding headache for most of the day but wasn't as dizzy. I took my bp at my parents house and it was 79/50... wayyy low! Called my dr and she think's I may be anemic or it could be blood sugar related. I'm photographing an outdoor wedding on Saturday (in 85 degree heat)... hoping I'm better by then!

Sigh- that is very low, what is your dr going to do about it? is there medication to help keep it stable? Hope it improves too. My BP is in limits (just) but on the higher side, so they are keeping an eye on it. Today it was 138/75.

Have not read 50 Shades of Grey, was thinking about getting it based on all the hype. I made that mistake before and raced out and bought the first 3 twilight books- HATED them (okay hated the first, tried the second thinking it had to get better surely, everyone loves these??????? did not read the others), they were written so badly. I hate books that have such poor literary skills. How do they do so well? Will definitely be giving this new hyped book a miss, feel I will just end up yelling at the characters and mocking the book hehehehehe.

I think I am an avocado this week. Got a quick scan today. Love my hospital, baby looked good and measuring to size. Big morphology scan on the 12th, can not wait.

Woohoo- work just approved my day off.... which I will be using to plan a BBQ Gender reveal get together.

We have our scan in 4 weeks (yesterday) but OH and I are keeping it a secret for 24 hours and then will tell the immediate family on the Friday. Bit americanised but we dont get the family together much so perfect excuse and my mate has just started doing cakes so supporting her too as she will mkake a gender reveal cake (where its neutral on top and then when you slice into the cake the sponge is pink or blue) :)

Oh dear- pregnancy hormones have kicked in. So peeved off with work today and really its over something so small but I just burst out crying.

Just came back from my 16 week appt. Blood pressure was 106 over 70 i think, which was in the normal range. Heard the baby's heartbeat for about 5 seconds which was strong and healthy.

Just found out though that I have a rare blood type: A Negative. So it means I have to have extra appointments for Anti D injections :( along with my glucose tolerance test my work is going to love me.

I still have yet to put any weight on but the community midwife didnt seem to concerned. Hopefully in the next few weeks Ill see some weight gain. Never thought I'd WANT to put weight on! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->