Calling all Watermelon's

Forgot to mention in my earlier post.... my due date is 27th November x

Anyone else struggling with whether to work or SAH after baby comes?

Its not really an option for us. I would love to be a SAHM but it just wouldnt be possible. We only own 75% of our house so in the next 2 years we're having a baby and need to buy the rest of our house aswell!

We could survive on OH wages but it would be surviving and not saving any money for the house deposit. weve said I will go back 3 days a week to start with, but going to see if work will allow me to use one annual leave day a week til xmas as Ill be going back at the beginning of Sept. That way Im getting paid for more than im actually working. Bank some of that money up and then maybe go back full time after baby is 18 months. Childcare is so expensive but I also dont want to miss anything. So hoping we can cope with the drop for another 6 months but I go full time. Heres to hoping! I havent even spoken to work about maternity leave yet never mind whats going to happen when i go back! :haha:

Hi ladies, I'm an onion today, yey :)

Is anyone else getting prepared early? Things I have already:

Travel system
Crib
Cot
Playmat
Bouncer
Bath
Few white sleepsuits, a pair of slipper socks & a snowsuit
Highchair
Door bouncer
Baby carrier
Monitors
Travel cot

Some of these bits is had from my first daughter anyway, and other bits we bought cheap from a friend second hand. I know some people don't like getting stuff second hand but I can't afford everything brand new. Trying to get big stuff out the way so I can get some nice little clothes depending on what sex baby is. Finding out on 19th July.. Sooo excited!!

Xx

Im ultra prepared.... and hardly have anything left to buy now...opps. I do this at christmas aswell, buy early and then keep on buying. Im terrible!

I have got;
moses basket,
electric breast pump
6 bottles
microwave sterriliser
blanket (gift)
unisex clothes
2 sleepbags
playmat
baby monitor
changing unit
isofix bases
travel system (arriving in Nov)
bath thermometer
medical thermometer
scratch mittens
nasal aspirator

Oh dear.... thats alot for 17 weeks lol.

We find out the sex of the baby on the same day you do!! I cant wait for the 19th! :)

Lol yeah I do the same at christmas!! Haha.

Absoluetly cannot wait to get some pink or blue bits :) x

Today is the day - our private scan! I'm pretty sure we're having a girl so I'll be shocked (but happy!) if it's a boy.

Oh! Good luck sigh! Make sure to upload some photos. :)

Someone suggested adding the storks to the first page so Ill start to do that when people update us.

In fact- if your planning on staying team yellow let me know now and Ill update tonight.

Wow I have nothing for baby! I feel so behind! :cry:I'm just too scared to buy anything but hopefully I won't be afraid to buy once I find out if baby is a boy or girl. That isn't until the 20th of July. I feel like I am so behind on everything now. I haven't even gotten my bloodwork back yet as the place I go does 2 sets and I just had my second set done this morning. I'll kniw next week, but I think if there were any problems they would have called me after the first set were drawn. And I don't think I'm feeling baby yet either:cry:

I hope all of your scans go well and all and you are all doing great.

Good luck on your gender scan Sigh!

ImSoTired they would've called you if something came back abnormal/positive. When I went in for my doc. appointment they confirmed that that was the case and told me the actual numbers.

I haven't purchased a thing yet. Actually DH will not let me buy any big ticket stuff (crib, stroller, play pen, etc.), until after the shower at 7 months! We've actually gotten into two arguments behind it. Apparently his mother is planning to buy most of that stuff as a surprise but I'm actually kind of aggravated. I guess I'll be ok and have to settle for buying smaller stuff after we know what we're having.

3 days until our scan :happydance:

ImSoTired they would've called you if something came back abnormal/positive. When I went in for my doc. appointment they confirmed that that was the case and told me the actual numbers.

I haven't purchased a thing yet. Actually DH will not let me buy any big ticket stuff (crib, stroller, play pen, etc.), until after the shower at 7 months! We've actually gotten into two arguments behind it. Apparently his mother is planning to buy most of that stuff as a surprise but I'm actually kind of aggravated. I guess I'll be ok and have to settle for buying smaller stuff after we know what we're having.

I just don't know though. I'm supposed to hear back next week now that they have the second round of bloods done. I'm so nervous about all of it especially now because my scan is so far off to reassure me. It seems as though everyone is enjoying their pregnancy but me. All of my scans are later than everyone elses and everything. I just feel worried and far behind everyone else. I'm not even convinced that what I feel once in a great while is baby. Everyone else feels it. I'm beginning to think something is wrong.

Wow I have nothing for baby! I feel so behind! :cry:I'm just too scared to buy anything but hopefully I won't be afraid to buy once I find out if baby is a boy or girl. That isn't until the 20th of July. I feel like I am so behind on everything now. I haven't even gotten my bloodwork back yet as the place I go does 2 sets and I just had my second set done this morning. I'll kniw next week, but I think if there were any problems they would have called me after the first set were drawn. And I don't think I'm feeling baby yet either:cry:

I hope all of your scans go well and all and you are all doing great.

Thanks! I have nothing either! I wanted to buy the crib and a few things early but my sister brought up a good point. She bought a car seat very early and when she opened it, something was wrong with it and the store wouldn't take it back since it was beyond the return period so she had to pay for shipping to ship it to the manufacturer. So I'm probably going to wait to buy some of the bigger things.

I have the same type of NT scan - 2 parts. I go for my second round of bloodwork next week but they should be able to give you preliminary results after the first round. I had to call my drs office daily and ask for them... she said they don't call unless there's something abnormal and acted weird when I asked her for the actual risk numbers. Try calling your drs office and ask for your preliminary results!

The only reason I have so much stuff already hun is because a) im not supertitous b) Its not the done thing to have a baby shower so I dunno if we will have one c) we have the money d) everything I have bought has been on offer and finally e) tesco had double points so some of the stuff I actually got for free/boots had cashback if I bought it now.

I wouldnt fret that you have nothing. Im now trying to spread out my purchases a bit more or ill have nothing to look forward too!

I just don't know though. I'm supposed to hear back next week now that they have the second round of bloods done. I'm so nervous about all of it especially now because my scan is so far off to reassure me. It seems as though everyone is enjoying their pregnancy but me. All of my scans are later than everyone elses and everything. I just feel worried and far behind everyone else. I'm not even convinced that what I feel once in a great while is baby. Everyone else feels it. I'm beginning to think something is wrong.

awwww hun:hugs: try not to worry! My scan isn't until the 23rd and I haven't felt anything I could definitely say was baby either. Have faith all is ok. We've come a long way since 1st Tri and I'm sure we'll all be absolutely fine.

I haven't bought one thing for baby yet. I don't really know what's stopping me as I love browsing baby stuff! We're staying team yellow so I guess that might have a little to do with it but I'm pretty sure when you're ready to make that very first purchase no matter what it is, you'll know xxx

I heard back after my second set of bloods via phone call about a week afterwards. Trust me, if something was wrong, they would call you asap to come in for more tests. No news is good news, I'm afraid. I know that doesn't help but believe that all is well. I think Sigh is right though, you could call the doctors and ask for your results.

I'd still be waiting on my scan at 20 weeks on July 19 too if DH and I hadn't booked the private one.

I posted this in a separate thread but take a guess on the gender!!!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...67-guess-gender-know-answer.html#post19243691

So i leave work to go see the doctor, since i was having awful lower abdominal pain. I thought it was ligaments and let it pass until about 4 this afternoon when it got worse. So i go over there and find out that im 1)dehydrated, 2)overdoing it and 3)some of it was ligaments. They said if the dehydration was any worse they would have to send me back to work (Emergency Center) as a patient for IV and fluids. I had to promise to take it easy for the rest of the week, and drink plenty of gatorade and water. I still feel like crap, but i guess i should feel better that the baby was fine. We go in 2 days to find out the gender!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->