Calling all Watermelon's

I've been feeling flutters for a few weeks now.. Yesterday I'm pretty sure I got a proper kick ( or punch)..

Nikkibrum- wouldn't worry much about putting on weight or not.. With my first by now I had put on almost 15 lbs this time I've gained 7lbs.. 5 of witch I put on on in the last 4 weeks.. I'm really hoping I don't continue to put on a lb a week but I know it's very possible too.

We have a private scan booked for Wednesday!! I'm so nervous and I have no idea why. Anyone find out the gender yet?

I am an onion today!!!! Hmmmm.....an onion?? they could have chosen something a bit nicer sounding!!!!

anyone getting loads of aches and pins in uterus daily? almost like I have period pain mixed with little sharp twinges and shooting painsfor most of the day. Midwife said other week this is normal so I try not to think about it but sometimes you just worry??

The past week or so I have had so many pains, can't remember these from my first so they do worry me a bit but I know it's all just growing pains.

Three weeks until my 20week scan and We are still debating wether or not to find out the sex, at first we both didn't but now it's getting closer to when we can we're starting to change our mind. I like the idea of a surprise but I'm just too impatient :shrug:

I found out the gender in 3 weeks, on the 19th July. I think its a bit early for me at the moment which is why they wait to 18-24 weeks to tell you the gender. Anything before that, i've heard, is hard to see.

Is your private scan to tell you the gender?

My scan is 3 weeks too on 20th July. It is the NHS one. I can't wait to find out what we're having. We'll have to start putting the little yellow pink or blue storks on the first post as we all start to find out!! EXCITING!!!!!!!!

I'm an onion today too!!!

I've got my 20 week scan exactly 3 weeks from today and I'm hoping to find out the gender also. I'm way too impatient to wait. Besides if it's a girl I'm going to have to buy more outfits as I've already got loads of gender neutral clothing.

I've had no real aches or pains either. I can't recall getting them last time either.

I have to have a rant about my OH. He went to a stag do last weekend and it was a last minute thing, having 3 weeks to prepare for it. Were going on holiday this week and now he has NO money at all to pay for his share. I refuse to take it out of babies savings because its such a tight schedule to ensure we have enough money for when i take my huge pay cut onto SMP.

He promised me he would make sure he had enough money..... and now im the one having to pay out for it all. He gets paid on Thursday which is the day we go so hoping he has a good wage, but i cant believe after it took us 6 months to become debt free he is back in debt and im bailing him out yet again. So disappointed and upset.

I found out the gender in 3 weeks, on the 19th July. I think its a bit early for me at the moment which is why they wait to 18-24 weeks to tell you the gender. Anything before that, i've heard, is hard to see.

Is your private scan to tell you the gender?

Yep, we finally decided we want to know and don't want to wait! I can't wait to start shopping!

Congrats Blu butterfly!

I go for bloodwork tomorrow.
I'll be 17 weeks in 2 days.
I have and Ob appt(to hear heartbeat too) in 16 days.
I will be 20 weeks in 23 days.
I will have my gender/20wk scan in 24 days.

How is everyone feeling? I am feeling occasional cramps and stretching. Maybe a bit of pressure. I also have just a touch of back and hip pain and I still wake up at 3-4 in the morning to pee. I find it difficult to sleep on my left side and frequently roll over onto my right. Other than these things (and the bump) I can't really tell I'm pg! I'm waiting for baby to really start moving so i can be sure I'm pregnant, haha! I'm just a worrier still. Hoping everything is ok with baby and the rest of you ladies.

ImSoTired I still have all the same symptoms you have lol. We are so close in our pregnancies. You're getting closer and closer to your scan!

I am getting flutters pretty consistent now. Baby just did a little dance to this reggae music I was listening too :haha:

Toothfairy don't feel jealous. I'm actually quite nervous. For some reason, I don't have much faith in this early gender scan. I just read about a girl on another thread that said she was told girl at 17 and 18 weeks and just found out she's having a boy at 20 weeks. Yikes!

I'm just happy that DH is going to see baby for the first time :dance:

ImSoTired I still have all the same symptoms you have lol. We are so close in our pregnancies. You're getting closer and closer to your scan!

I am getting flutters pretty consistent now. Baby just did a little dance to this reggae music I was listening too :haha:

Toothfairy don't feel jealous. I'm actually quite nervous. For some reason, I don't have much faith in this early gender scan. I just read about a girl on another thread that said she was told girl at 17 and 18 weeks and just found out she's having a boy at 20 weeks. Yikes!

I'm just happy that DH is going to see baby for the first time :dance:

yes I also read that thread, I met a woman a few weeks ago who was told at 2 scans she was having a girl only to give birth to a boy!!

We haven't bought a single thing yet!! We are going to go buy something pink or blue on the afternoon of the scan......Think I will be keeping the clothing receipts though!! Will probably have a 3D/4D scan later on though although they are a bit freaks so that should confirm gender.

Will be keeping an eye on you to see how you go. What is your gut feeling you're having?

yes I also read that thread, I met a woman a few weeks ago who was told at 2 scans she was having a girl only to give birth to a boy!!

We haven't bought a single thing yet!! We are going to go buy something pink or blue on the afternoon of the scan......Think I will be keeping the clothing receipts though!! Will probably have a 3D/4D scan later on though although they are a bit freaks so that should confirm gender.

Will be keeping an eye on you to see how you go. What is your gut feeling you're having?

I want a girl but I keep calling baby a "he" lol. So we'll see. I'll definitely hold on to all receipts regardless of what they say. I think we'll schedule a 3d scan at 30 weeks too.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi! :wave:

My symptoms are similar, still waiting to feel definate baby movements, I've had some little pops, but won't be convinced until they are more noticable I think.

Very jealous of the gender scans, we're not having one and the hospital refuse to tell you the gender where we are, so it's pay for private or stay team yellow!

I had my 16 week appointment today, all was good and we got to hear the hb.
We are hoping to move before baby is born, and want a home birth so its a bit annoying at the moment as i want to discuss it with the mw as she just assumed again today we went a hospital birth.

I'm only an orange! Due date December 18 -- a week before Christmas!

Have you ladies announced it yet? We're probably going to announce it on fbook this weekend. I gave my mom the ok to tell people yesterday and she called half of India in like 15 minutes lol. Starting to feel more real now!

We've been announcing gradually since the beginning. Our immediate families found out the same week we did (parents, siblings). We told them early because of some issues with infertility that they already knew about -- we didn't want to maybe lose the baby really early and miss out on the chance to celebrate some good news finally with family; plus I had a surgery scheduled that ended up being cancelled because of the pregnancy, and it didn't feel right not telling them why. Then over the next few weeks we slowly told a few close friends and my DH told his co-workers, which means that their families found out, too. We didn't tell our extended families (grands, aunts and uncles) until the beginning of the second trimester. I still haven't announced anything on Facebook, although at this point all the people we're closest to already know. I think I'll probably do the Facebook thing at 20 weeks.

My sickness pretty much stopped at just over 13 weeks. However I did have few days of dry gagging instead! In my first pregnancy I only had that the nausea and that tapered off at just over 10 weeks. So unfortunately every pregnancy is different.

I only had a period of about three weeks of feeling nauseous during the first trimester, and I thought I was SO lucky. I only threw up once the entire time and within a week of that, I started feeling so much better. By 13 weeks I thought I was out of the woods. But it seems like now, in the second trimester, the sickness has come baby. Mostly my nausea now kind of comes and goes, but it's usually coming when I'm at work! I just started a new job last week, and on the fourth day or so, I barely made it to a bathroom where I had to throw up. So I dunno what's going on. But so far, I still feel mostly fine, and I do think my energy has returned with gusto. But still having sporadic nausea which I hoped to be done with by now.

Has anyone made any big purchases yet or sorted out maternity leave? Anyone started thinking about xmas?? xx

We haven't bought anything with the exception of a few pregnancy books. We ALMOST bought a crib the other day from Ikea -- the price was too good to pass up -- but we didn't think it would fit in the car so we didn't buy it.

My maternity leave options will suck so bad, and I'm really struggling with it. Because I won't have been at my job for a full year, I won't qualify for leave under FMLA (which would give me 12 weeks off with the baby). Instead, I'll only qualify for the standard 6 weeks, and the only part that will be paid will be the days of paid time off I manage to save until then. I'd always thought I'd be a SAHM when my children were very young, and had only recently decided to continue working. Now I'm totally second guessing that. Anyone else struggling with whether to work or SAH after baby comes?

I don't know how Christmas time will be for us this year. It's a little overwhelming to even think about!

And to Mammtotwo:

How many weeks are you? 17 weeks tomorrow! I can't believe how fast time seems to be flying -- I'm almost 20 weeks!
How many other children do you have? This is our first baby
Are you going to find out girl/boy or leave it a surprise at your scan? We're planning to be surprised when the baby is born. (We're also not planning to share the name with anyone until then)
What do you think you are having -boy/girl/no idea? My gut is saying it's a boy, but who knows if I'm one of those women who have 'mother's intuition'. I'm basing it mostly on the fact that I think DH and I had sex the day before I ovulated, so I assuming the boy sperm got to the egg first. Can't wait to find out if I'm right or not! I'm happy either way.
Next scan date? We haven't scheduled our anatomy scan yet (the big one at 20 weeks) but I think it's going to be in about three or four weeks. We have the next appointment with our midwife on Thursday.
How are you feeling? Pretty good. I think I felt the baby move a couple times this week, but I've also had some ligament stretching so it's hard to separate the two sensations sometimes.
What are you most looking forward to? With the pregnancy: holding DH's hand to feel the baby move. Having a big ol' baby belly in the third trimester. Decorating the nursery. Giving birth (haha -- mostly for the prize at the end) I can't wait to meet our little boy or girl!
What are you most worried about? Giving birth :) I want to go naturally at the birth center near here, but I feel like so many people are skeptical of being able to do it. Part of me feels like I have something to prove, and I hate feeling that way. I hope it goes well, but it worries me that so much is out of my control.
What sort of birth are you hoping for? A natural, un-medicated water birth at the free standing birth center we're attending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->