Calling all Watermelon's

Yep, it's a girl! We both thought it was a girl but now that we know we're both still surprised. I think I spent so much time being afraid that something was going to go wrong that I didn't really think about things going right. This is our 1st so I'm happy and anxious.

hopeful - hope you feel better and rested soon!

Congrats on the girl Sigh. Hopeful feel better and take care.

I am 17 weeks today. Very happy about it but still a bit nervous. Hoping baby is doing well. still about 22 days until scan. Can't wait.

Happy 17 weeks ImSoTired!

AFM - I had a throbbing pain in my side yesterday evening that I just chucked up to being "growing pains" until I woke up this morning and noticed that my back was also having the same pain. I also realized that it hurt to sleep on that side and my back as well last night. So I called the doctor because they were treating me for a urinary track infection and I think it might have gotten worse. The problem is this is the second one I've had in life. The first I had when i wasn't pregnant and I didn't have any symptoms until the last minute, which peeing burned and my back started hurting in this same spot. This time I had no symptoms at all -they only caught it in my urine sample - and still don't have any symptoms except for what I believe is this pain in my side and back. Ugghh! Not a good start to my day :cry:

Sorry about the UTI Blu_! I have had a few of them in my life and I never had much back pain but the burning was awful. That was years ago though and I'm scared of getting one during pregnancy. Hope you feel better soon.

Happy 17 weeks ImSoTired!

AFM - I had a throbbing pain in my side yesterday evening that I just chucked up to being "growing pains" until I woke up this morning and noticed that my back was also having the same pain. I also realized that it hurt to sleep on that side and my back as well last night. So I called the doctor because they were treating me for a urinary track infection and I think it might have gotten worse. The problem is this is the second one I've had in life. The first I had when i wasn't pregnant and I didn't have any symptoms until the last minute, which peeing burned and my back started hurting in this same spot. This time I had no symptoms at all -they only caught it in my urine sample - and still don't have any symptoms except for what I believe is this pain in my side and back. Ugghh! Not a good start to my day :cry:

Hope you feel better blu!

Thanks ladies. Doc said no more uti and no kidney infection. Doesn't think its anything more than muscle spasms and gave me muscle relaxer that is safe. On the plus side I got to hear lo's heart beat again. Made me feel better since I hadn't felt any movement at all today

I felt baby kick today :D Been feeling the odd movement since 13 weeks, but these were were definate kicks.

I'm still waiting to feel any flutters. I thought I felt something at about 12 weeks but now I'm not sure. I think I have an anterior placenta again so I'm quite upset by that. Oh well....I've just got to wait a little longer!

I have been feeling baby squirming since 13 weeks. Getting stronger mostly with the odd worrying quiet spell. Yesterday I had definite kicks too. They seemed pretty high up though. This is my 3rd baby (others are 14 and 16!!) so suppose that's why felt it early. 21 sleeps til my scan. Aaaaagh!!!! That's ages!!!! :-(

The MW told me you feel movement quicker after the 1st baby. My scan is 2 weeks on tuesday, be lovely to see baby again.

I have an anterior placenta AGAIN 3rd time! I am disappointed as I really wanted to feel the movements alot stronger this time. I **think** I have been feeling some movement, but it is a bit hard to tell. Can not wait for some bigger kicks. With my girls I never had the really big kicks that others could feel and see on the outside.

13 more sleeps to my morphology scan where I get to see bubs again and hopefully find out girl or boy!

What is an anterior placenta?

GL on your scan hopeful. I hope you are feeling better today.

Yaye, our scan is tomorrow :happydance:
That's all I can think about to day, going to be a looooonnng day at work.

Im feeling a little better, still trying to force fluids, but not hurting at the moment. Hope everyone else is doing great!

What is an anterior placenta?

GL on your scan hopeful. I hope you are feeling better today.

Yaye, our scan is tomorrow :happydance:
That's all I can think about to day, going to be a looooonnng day at work.

That is where the placenta grows on the front and so acts like a cushion between the baby and the inside of your belly. All the light early movements and cushioned so you only start feeling the hard kicks later on in the pregnancy.

The posterior placenta grows towards the back so when baby kicks and moves you will feel it on the inside of your belly.

My gender scan is today!!!! I'm so excited!

Good luck with your scan today. Any preferences?

I'm not having a gender scan so I've got just over 2 weeks to wait until my 20 week scan. I am having a 4d scan though which will be when I'm 28 weeks. Really can't wait for that!

Have a happy scan hopeful. Mine is still 3 weeks away:wacko:. Bump is a bit smaller this morning but I think I need to drink some liquids so that is probably why. Still not sure I'm feeling baby and if I am it isn't very often. So jealous of everyone who feels something. It's of course got me worrying about baby too. Ugg so frustrating. I have a busy weekend so maybe I'll start to feel something or at least be too busy to think about it. Hope everyone is doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->