Calling all Watermelon's

Glad the MRI went well nicki. Did they tell you anything new or do you have to wait for results?

I'm limiting fluids after 6pm but still waking with full bladder 3-5 times a night?? How can this be?? I reckon it's good practice for getting up with little one through night!

I'm finishing 1st November nicki til September so we will be off about same time. Can't come soon enough!!

I have to wait to wesnesday next week to get results. The MRI consultant said she struggled at first as baby kept moving and sucking on his thumb :) how cute. Now im worried I have a thumb sucker! haha

I cant wait for maternity leave now. Im interviewing a potential replacement for my position tomorrow- should be interesting!

Glad the MRI went ok Nicki. Keep us posted on the results.

Sorry you ladies are feeling poorly. I hope the migraine/headaches stop.

My hips are achy too. My back is on another level. I'm constantly readjusting my position trying to get comfortable.

I agree with Lolly, the year is just flying by (although the pregnancy itself is still dragging lol). If that makes sense.

My lo kicks low during the day. When I'm sitting at my desk I feel all kind of stuff down there close to my pelvic line. This is also the time of day when he is most active. In the evenings and at night most of the movement is up high. Strong enough to see it from the outside. And DH finally got to feel kicks the other night. He started crying. I think it made him realize what he almost missed out on. He even put his ear on my belly to see what he could hear.

Nicki happy to hear MRI went well. Hope the results are good also. How cute baby sucked his thumb the whole time.

Blu hearing that DH cried when he felt baby made me tear up a little. He should certainly not take you for granted anymore. My DH really wants to feel the baby but her kicks are just so unpredictable and not all that strong. I've only felt a few myself from the outside. DH still tries to feel everynight and he puts his ear to my stomach and talks to her and kisses her. So sweet it makes me cry.

Baby isn't very active today but she was very active yesterday. I'm hoping she picks up the pace soon. I'm trying to relax and enjoy the pregnancy and so far so good, but I can't help but be anxious as time is certainly dragging now. Tomorrow it'll be 18 weeks until my due date. Still looking forward to a few things but really wishing it were getting nearer. Besides, it is Summer here and nearing 90 degrees everyday and rainy :wacko: I can't wait for the Fall as it is my favorite!

Blu - that is so sweet that he cried!

For those of you with headaches, I had them before and still get them occasionally. My Dr gave me some tips that seem to be helping. She said first I need to keep drinking water (yes I'm always peeing). She said if I eat fruit, drink juice, or something fruity, I need to balance it with a protein (like a piece of cheese). My last resort - power nap the headache away. It has been helping... I have a slight one right now but since I've increased my water and fruit intake, I've seen a difference.

I get up to pee so much at night. Last night I was so exhausted that I only got up once and when I stood up my bladder was so full that it was painful and I almost didn't make it to the bathroom!

My little girl has been going crazy today! I can actually see my stomach jump, although I'm not feeling a lot of the kicks or whatever she is doing in there. Wonderfully weird :)

Oh the peeing is non-stop, regardless of how much I drink. Apparently, hormonal changes cause blood to flow more quickly through your kidneys, filling your bladder more often. Not to mention just the increase in blood flow itself. Add to that the pressure of your uterus on your bladder and you've got the recipe for one pee-prone lady.

Sometimes I don't think my bladder even fills all the way up before he starts kicking and punching at it. I yell out "Alright, I'll go!" and run to the bathroom and he calms down afterwards. He's so bossy!

I have to wait to wesnesday next week to get results. The MRI consultant said she struggled at first as baby kept moving and sucking on his thumb :) how cute. Now im worried I have a thumb sucker! haha

I cant wait for maternity leave now. Im interviewing a potential replacement for my position tomorrow- should be interesting!

Nicki - hope you get some good news! so cute about the thumb sucking! Do you feel a lot of movement?

I've got a headache today again. It isn't awful as some of you girls have had but it's sinus related or maybe tooth related as I am pretty sure I have a few cavities I will be getting taken care of after baby.

So here's what's up... I just finished making a list of everything I have to look forward to, like a schedule, in the remainder of my year. That's only 5 months and there seems to be a lot going on. Especially appts, birthdays, and everything. It'll surely keep me busy and keep me looking forward to this pregnancy and not being so anxious or bored. lol I know making a list is pretty willy but:shrug: Hey I'm pregnant and bored!

I love lists, i make lists of alsorts so it doesn't sound silly at all to me :)
Had my repeat anomaly scan today to check baby's spine, everything was perfect and sonographer gave us a sneak preview of our baby in 3D, very cute!

I am a PAPAYA!!! :haha:

My due date is December 2nd, and still bump buddy-less! Having another prince! :happydance:

ImSoTired - I hope you feel better hun. And making lists is fine! I'm a fan of them myself.

Jess - glad to hear the scan went well.

Tropical - Happy Papaya day!! Whoot, whoot! You can be my buddy too :flower: I'm due Dec. 4

Thanks Ladies! The headache finally went away! I used to get migraines, but havent had them in years- it appears that they are back with a vengence. I will be mentioning this when i go back to the doctor- hopefully they can do something. I worked today and actually had a good day! Im about to sit down and enjoy some dinner and then a hot bath! Hope everyone is doing Great!

Nicki- glad that your scan went well
Blu- So happy that the DH realized what he was about to be missing.

haha isnt that funny that you are the same fruit for a couple weeks? The title just makes me laugh :haha:

Anyway-here to join you! I am due November 17th! Team Blue!!

I was a bit upset when my ticker stayed at papaya size for a second week.. i thought something was wrong with my ticker.. lol.. now i chuckle at the title i think its funny to see papaya twice :)
Jess- yay.. for a good scan :)

Glad you are feeling better ImSoTired. I had bad headaches a few times in the first trimester. Like the kind you go to sleep with at night and still wake up with in the morning. How awful!

Welcome Young_and_Proud!

KelKel - i hear that you stay an eggplant for two weeks too!

It's my 1st week as a papaya! 18 weeks to go! I see my Ob in one week when I'm 23 weeks and then my follow up ultrasound is the day after. I hope that baby is cooperative and all of the measurements are ok. I'm excited to see her again but there is something about the ultrasounds that make me nervous. I'm always afraid they'll find something wrong and I don't need anymore stress or worry.

I am so bored today. I'm just trying to think of something to do that doesn't involve spending money because I really want to save to buy home heating oil before the price goes up for the fall. Bored bored bored.....

Hope you ladies are having a more exciting/good day!

Blu! High five! I would love to be bump buddies! How are things going for you? Hope all is well. :flower:

Blubutterfly- I just read a post saying that u r a papaya for 3 weeks and then an eggplant for 2 weeks too. Them obviously most of the 3 rd tri ur a watermelon.. Man I might just have to delete the size ticker. It's like no progress whatsoever now..lol..

Imsotired- I find it very hard to do anything without spending money. I'm a stay at home mom so summer is really the only time I get out much.. However for the first time in my life I'm going to say going to the beach is getting boring. I don't want to sign up for a play group cause it's so darn expensive here not to mention its in the middle of the city..
I just found out the library has a toddler room with some cool play stuff witch I'll be doing this winter I'm sure.

Well I've been admitted to hospital. I have a stomach bug which has made me very dehydrated even though I'm drinking loads. My keystones are high as well. Baby seems to be just fine.

Currently hooked up to a drip which I'm hoping will finish by midnight so I can get some sleep without having to worry about my hand getting knocked.

Hope ur all ok.

Oh my nursery bedding arrived this morning which got me very excited, n I'm trying to buy Disney classic DVDs on eBay. Gotta stock up on toy story, dumbo, Aladdin, beauty n the beast etc :)

Awww nicki, I hope you're not in there for too long :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->