Calling all Watermelon's

Busy busy weekend. There was a car race here in PA this weekend (about 40 mins from where we live) and Dh got free tickets from one of his friends. I was a little unsure of whether or not I should go because it's always hot, noisey, and crowded there but I went anyway. Baby kicked a lot Sat and Sun and high too above my belly button. She kicked so hard yesterday that I saw my belly move! DH still hasn't been lucky enough to feel it. Today she has yet to kick at all and it's making me nervous:wacko:. She sure knows how to worry me. But anyway- at the race it poured while we were making our way to the car. DH gave me his raincoat as I didn't have one and he held my hand the whole time because I could barely see in the rain and he led my to the truck. He was absolutely soaked. Not a dry spot on him. It turns out that 10 people got struck by lightnig while we walked to our car and unfortunately one person died. :nope: How scary is that!? Overall everything was ok with us and we got home safe. I was also very emotional this weekend and I wanted to cry numberous times over stupid things but I held it back and it passed quickly. So now I'm just waiting for baby to make herself known today. I go to have my ultrasound on Fri and I see my OB on Thurs so hopefully my appts go well.

Nicki glad to hear that you are ok and home!

Hopeful I hope things get better for you. I know what it's like to worry about money but it'll all work out somehow.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

ImSoTired I heard about that on the news - I can't believe you were there. How scary and unfortunate. Some people are saying that they should've called the race before the weather got that bad. Glad you are ok!

Nicki glad you are out the hospital and doing better. Rest up dear!

Hopeful, It's quite ok to feel that way. I was reading an article that says at this stage its perfectly normal for the anxiety to kick in about the reality of our situation. And it also said it's good to express it and get it off of your chest. DH and I aren't were we'd like to be in life but I realize, there are soooo many people who have done this before me and if they all managed to figure it out, then surely I can :)

Yes, and how funny that we are all papayas now :haha:

Blu it was pretty scary. I've been to many events there and it always seems to rain. We could see the storm coming way off in the distance but there wasn't a lot of thunder and lightning. They called the race as soon as it began to sprinkle. The place is absolutely huge and DH and I made our way to the restrooms because he had a few beers and I pee frequently obviously. It was still just sprinkling when we walked out into the parking lot but we had a long walk. It out of nowhere started pouring ans the rain hit us so hard that it hurt. We were half way to the car with no where else to go so we had to keep moving. Dh gave me his raincoat but it didn't help much and I couldn't see. He was SOAKED and he just pulled me to the car. I only heard the thunder and saw the lightning about 4 times and only once was it so close that I knew it had hit something close. I didn't hear anyone say that someone had been hit and I didn't see anything either. Just so weird that it could've been us.

Nicki about the papayas etc lol. The only suggestion I have is to go to the bump the website and use the fruit they say there that they don't use on the ticker. But then again that may cause confusion.:shrug:

Good morning ladies! 23 weeks today for me. I think this is still papaya though?!!!! One more week until baby is considered viable here in my part of uk! Is this the same for the rest of you? I think I have seen this described as v day!!!

I can't wait for v-day, it's the next milestone for me too :)

ImSoTired - that's so scary :(

I never even heard about v day with my first pregnancy. Going by our scan dates ours is tomorrow, its friday by lmp.

Imsotired - I saw that on the news too! Glad you're ok - sounds so scary :(

Mini rant - Does anyone else have the problem of people around you feeling the need to tell you horrible birth stories or freak you out? I don't know what these people are thinking but a couple people in the last few weeks have been telling me stories about their relative or friend that make me scared. Or one of my friends actually said "I'm surprised you're not scared, considering everything that could go wrong". WHO DOES THAT!?!?!??!

Mini rant - Does anyone else have the problem of people around you feeling the need to tell you horrible birth stories or freak you out?

My BIL came out with a cracker today:
"I know you've booked your tickets and everything, but do you know the risks of flying on the baby? He could have heart problems due to the pressurisation and if you sit too long you'll cut off his blood supply!"

Now, I know he's had a shitty week (getting an operation on his jubblies to see if they can resurrect some sperm for IVF, his body kills it off before it gets a chance to fertilise an egg au naturel and he hates being put under a GA), but that's no reason to go blarting that kind of crap out to a pregnant lady, ESPECIALLY when it's (mostly) complete bollocks! See here for more: linky. Yes, I am fully aware of the increased risk of DVT and will be making every effort to avoid that, but the rest of what he said is pure scaremongering and I swear, if it wasn't him, my favourite BIL, then I would have gone nuclear on his ass.

Oh yeah. My uncle told me a horror story about what happened to one of his inlaws. :wacko: Like I need more worry when I'm already terrified! I'm so scared because baby isn't kicking the same amount every day and sometimes it's stronger than others.Yesterday and today she is much lazier than she was during the weekend. I really can't wait until I have her. I'm not afraid of the labor yet because I have faith that instincts will kick in and I can get an epidural but I am afraid of everything and anything that can go wrong between now and then. Nearly 17 weeks to go....

Yup! I had two people tell me how awful their pregnancy/labour was.... just after I found out about LO's brain abnormalities- thanks for the support!!

Grrrr! Glad its not just me then. lol.

Im really suffering with the rib pain. It is like having a knife stabbed into me just below my rib cage for 3 seconds and then im fine. But it happens anytime I move too fast, turn slightly wrong, shift in bed, sit up to quickly, slouch at my desk :(

The rib pain sounds awful Nicki. I had a ligament pain this AM when I woke up and stretched. It was the first one in at least a few weeks and I hope it means baby is growing and needs more room.

Yesterday I was so sick to my stomach. It must have been something I ate because I was in and out of the bathroom with really bad stomach pains. It seems to be gone now but it was really bad. DH went and bought me medicine that I could take and some gatorade. Hope it doesn't come back!

I see my OB on Thurs and my follow up scan is on Fri. I hope everything is ok. I just get so worried because some days she moves so much and others I barely feel anything all day. I also hope baby cooperates and they get all of the measurements the need and a good profile pic. I still only have a mediocre profile pic from the 12 week scan. She must be stubborn or camera shy.

9 days until vday for me and about 3 weeks until I'm in double digits (the countdown to delivery) Wishing time would fly!!!

imsotired - try not to worry so much, everything will be fine! My friend is about 21 weeks and still hasn't even felt a flutter but the dr told her everything is fine. I get spurts of movement a few times a day and can tell when she's awake on some days. I haven't had much yesterday and today though... during weekend she was partying in there :)

nicki- Could the rib pain be related to indigestion/heartburn? I haven't had any rib pain but I have lower back/right hip pain causing me to limp/waddle on and off. dh thinks it's funny and calls me "penguin". blah!

My mom had a bad experience when she had me and she knows I'm a little stressed about it so she told me the story of my older sister's birth. She felt like she had bad indigestion and finally decided to go to see the doctor just to be safe. When she got there, they said "Um... we can see the head." She had the baby within the hour with no pain meds and said although it wasn't totally painless, it was nowhere close to what she was expecting. Hearing this made me feel better and I'm hoping to have a similar experience!

No defintely not heartburn etc. I think its my organs getting squashed. Hoping so anyway. I was due to have my MW appt next friday but ive cancelled it and rebooked for the 20th Aug so will have to wait until then to talk to them about it.

Baby was being sooooo active last night- hoping for another evening of tummy wobbling lol. Its so funny! I went to matalan earlier and got a snow suit and a few romper suits. Need to stop spending money.

My OH was so funny last night- he realised how much money we now have in savings....he had no clue what it had amounted too as he cant see it online. haha. Just under 2K now til we hit our target, 14 weeks to do it in. I hope we make it!! I drop quite a bit and we dont get any help from the government so we have been saving to make up for the drop. Its been soooo hard!

Oh, I also said to OH that I definitely want to go back to work part time for at least 6 months after maternity leave was up, and he was totally fine about it. Last time it got brought in (in a jokey manner) he said I need to go back full time because of the finance side of things. I know we can make it work but yeah will be tighter than normal. So Im happy :)

Nicki, is there any chance it could be gallstones? There was a lady from 3rd tri who posted about right side rib pain and it took them ages to discover that she actually had gallstones...

Thinking of you! x

When I was heavily pregnant with my son I saw a work collegue in town and she asked if i was scared about labour, when I said no she replied with 'well you should be'. Why would you even say that?!?
Luckily I wasnt worried at all and did actually have an easy birth-it was that good I'm doing it a 2nd time lol.

cookielucylou - that makes me feel better!! I'm sure I'll be freaking out in a few months but for now, trying not to think about it :)

I just passed a mirror and caught a glimpse of myself...I'm huge!!! I can't even image what I'll look like in a few months... oh boyy...

I have heard far too many horror stories. Why would anyone want to scare someone or make them fearful of birth? Rude!

I was talking to my mom last night and told her I've been going to the gym three times a week trying to get strong for the birth and stay healthy during my pregnancy. She told me to take it easy and that she worried about me working out. Lol, I guess back in the day when she was pregnant that might have been the advice given but my dr's and everything I have read indicate that exercise is perfectly acceptable and actually recommended for pregnant women who are experiencing normal pregnancies without complications. But then she had to tell me about how she had three pre-term babies at 20 weeks making it sound like if I didn't lay around all the time I could go into early labor. I had to remind her that she had an incompetent cervix and that was why she lost the babies but so far I don't have any reason to believe that I have an incompetent cervix so I should be exercising. But now, in the back of my mind, I'm a little worried that what happened to her could happen to me. Thanks mom, as if I didn't have enough things to be worried about as a first time parent.

I have heard far too many horror stories. Why would anyone want to scare someone or make them fearful of birth? Rude!

I was talking to my mom last night and told her I've been going to the gym three times a week trying to get strong for the birth and stay healthy during my pregnancy. She told me to take it easy and that she worried about me working out. Lol, I guess back in the day when she was pregnant that might have been the advice given but my dr's and everything I have read indicate that exercise is perfectly acceptable and actually recommended for pregnant women who are experiencing normal pregnancies without complications. But then she had to tell me about how she had three pre-term babies at 20 weeks making it sound like if I didn't lay around all the time I could go into early labor. I had to remind her that she had an incompetent cervix and that was why she lost the babies but so far I don't have any reason to believe that I have an incompetent cervix so I should be exercising. But now, in the back of my mind, I'm a little worried that what happened to her could happen to me. Thanks mom, as if I didn't have enough things to be worried about as a first time parent.

If in doubt check with your midwife, but also listen to your body...they are very good at telling us if we have pushed it too far. The exercise should help with labour and post natal recovery. If the gym gets too much, you could always try Aquanatal classes, they are perfect for low impact exercise. X:flower:

I hate it when people share their horror birth stories when they haven't been asked to :dohh: seriously, yes it hurts but it's also the best experience anyone will ever go through! That's why we do it again (and again, and again, and again for some!) :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->