Calling all Watermelon's

Imsotired: Those scan pics are so cute! Congrats, glad you got some good ones. :)

toothfairy: Thanks for sharing that story, warmed my heart! Glad to hear a positive and reassuring story like that.

I just scored a sweet jogging stroller off of craigslist for absolutely free today! I'm excited as they can cost about $150 for the one we just got. It needed to be cleaned up a bit and my husband (who happens to be a bike mechanic) was able to tune up the wheels and fill them with air so it works perfectly now! So happy! :)

Me too! I am now addicted to Craigslist's free section. I peeked over at the baby and kids listings today too and found an awesome wooden high chair by Eddie Bauer for only $40! I know it's going to be almost a year before our baby can use it but I couldn't pass up that kind of deal. It's in perfect condition. I really wanted a wooden one, don't care about it not reclining, and it's smaller than most the bulky plastic ones that I have seen (we live in an apartment). This is it and it retails about $150 so it's also a very good deal! I like how it looks. What do you ladies think?https://www.epinions.com/reviews/Eddie_Bauer_Natural_Wood_High_Chair

Oh that's very nice! That's exactly how I feel whenever I score a bargain like that. I go to the baby and kids section all the time. I am addicted! I actually wish I would have known about it when I was pregnant with my first! There are literally hundreds of postings a day and you can find everything you would ever need for a baby for like half the price!

Thanks ladies. :flower:

Kelly we had those highchairs at the daycare I used to work in, minus the pads. They were very efficient and sturdy. I liked them. Great deals you are getting! Congrats!

I've been getting soooo tired lately. I think baby is tired too. She kicked a lot on thurs and fri but yesterday she only kicked for an hour on and off. Today she is a little lazy as well. I wonder if she is sleepy or she turned. I'm worrying less though as she was so beautiful and healthy at the ultrasound. I just hope it continues to go well.

Hope you are all doing well!

No energy at all. I came home Friday and slept the whole night except when DH woke me to make me eat. I did the same Thursday night. Then I slept almost the whole day Sat. I thought I would go in to work today to get ahead but I'm still tired. Baby has been really active. DH can see him making my stomach move lol.

Imsotired! Great scan pics! Glad all is well!!

Nickibrum..... Just thought I'd share this with you. I had a patient yesterday. 5 year old girl. Always check medical history before treatment and saw she was born with excess fluid in brain. I asked about this. The girl very matter of factly informed me that she has a little tube in her brain. She went on to tell me this makes her extra special and means that she'll be able to have 2 boyfriends when she is older!!!! She is perfectly healthy and bright and normal! Mum said it was spotted and monitored in pregnancy then little op and she has had no problems at all! I thought of you! Hope you don't mind me sharing with you xxxx

Hi Toothfairy- thanks so much! Thats great. Im hopeful at that the moment that its decreasing, it was last weekbut VERY small change- which could just be because different people scan you as its all very subjective. But great to know that things can be done. We have been told anything like that at the moment xxx

I believe today is known as my V-DAY! :happydance:

I went to my nieces christening this weekend, it was lovely :) A wedding next weekend- my OH really needs to start on his speech. He has today off to do it. So far he has about 30 seconds! ekk!

Then hopefully we can paint the nursery the weekend after. woohoo :)

Im really worried about my sister, my parents are getting angry and loosing their temper which is NOT helping the situation. I cant have her with us this week as she has afew appointments and I live in a different city, and with the wedding she will be at home for the next 6 days. Worried all the work I did last week will get undone :S Really could do without the stress though but im the only one keeping her going- or rather baby is as she is desperate to be god mother. :cry: I just dunno what to do anymore.

Is it 26weeks we move to 3rd trI? If so only just over a week left in here!
Has anyone else still not got a baby bump? I just look really fat atm, I had a bit of fat before pregnancy but I didnt think I was that bad :( I have been told several times now I don't look pregnant(maybe they think I'm making it up?) Definetly something in there-he she often dances about to remind me.

God it really is only a week or so isnt it?? ahhhh madness! lol.

Ill have to start an eggplant thread in 3rd trimester next week so we can all find each other again :)

Im afraid I was skinny before pregnancy so I have the bump. I still havent really put on weight though which im starting to really freak out about. I have *possibly* put on about 2 lbs if that...or I might just be constiptated lol (tmi??).

I cant believe 3rd tri is so close now. Ekk.... that means Ill have to start xmas shopping properly soon!

Have people had their MAT B1 form yet? I get mine on Monday as far as im aware. Is it fairly easy to fill in? x

I'm not working this time round, but I was when I was pregnant with my son. I think the doctor/mw filled most of mine out then I just gave it to secretory at work who done the rest.
Most people seem to think I'm odd thinking about Christmas in summer but with so much happening we need to get it sorted quite early-who wants to face the busy shops with a nb?

Oh today is my v day!! I feel huge as well! Can't believe we all getting ready for 3rd tri!!

I have to admit Im a christmas person and typically start late september time/october. but this year is going to be particularly tight financially. Im going to make some hampers with homemade foods in them so should start that soon as Ive never done it before lol.

I definately dont want to be hitting the shops heavily pregnant or with a newborn! I want to be wrapping presents on my maternity leave and relaxing with xmas movies rather than dealing with the hustle and bustle of crowds. lol. xx

Nicki that sounds perfect! Wrapping pressies watching Christmas movies! I am a Christmas person too! I keep worrying how and when I will be able to decorate the tree etc!

haha. Its tradition at my house to put it up on the 1st Dec, but OH has agreed we can put it up slightly earlier given im due on the 3rd (unless closer to the time the mw's think ill be overdue)

I never was much of a Christmas person before it always seemed more of an inconvenience in our house, but now I have my own child it just makes it so special and I like to make it perfect for him. It's going to be even better this year with 2 children!
It is also a budget thing for us to-not many more paydays until Christmas. I've started shopping for the lo's but no idea what to get for anyone else this year. It is also my sons birthday end of October so going to be an expensive and busy few months!

Mine normally goes up 1st weekend in December. So either the weekend before or after baby is due as I'm due tues 4th! I have actually had dreams about it can you believe?! I'm really looking forward to finishing for maternity now you've mentioned christmas nicki! I finish on 1st November! I'm up in Yorkshire and we tend to get the snow when it hits too! I love it! But have to admit it worried me a little as last year 1st december it took me 5 hours to get home in the snow. A journey I normally do in 30 mins! I do worry about getting to the hospital!!!

I dont think Ill be shopping much for LO this xmas. Maybe a few cute xmas outfits because he is going to get spoilt from everyone else and to be honest we have spent a fortune on him already this year so far lol.

I have also thought of getting to the hospital, but its only a 5-10 min drive and were in the midlands so snow isnt usually too bad- though 2 years ago It did also took me 5 hours to get home and it would normally take 45 mins... thank god i work from home now lol!

Maternity leave is starting on the 9th. I have 4.5 days left to use up and I dont know what to use them for. I cant use them in september as my colleague is already off; so I might reduce my weeks to 4 day weeks in October! Decisions decisions.... x

edit: how ironic is this.... post just arrived with a christmas catalogue from Studio 24! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->