Calling all Watermelon's

Mine arrivied yesterday, spotted a few things in there I want.
Baby isn't getting much, we have brought a new play gym so far and will get a 1st Christmas teddy, a leapfrog scout/violet and a few new clothes and that will be about it.
We are planning for a home birth if we can move before baby comes, I think it will make things so much easier. My DS was born within an hour so if we got held up getting to a hospital, we possibly wouldn't get there in time. I would prefer a calm planned home birth than OH having to deliver in the car. We also have no one to take our DS so I would be on my own for a hospital birth.

imsotired - cute scan pics! Glad everything is ok, now hopefully you can relax.

I thought 3rd tri was 27 or 28 weeks? Still close! How are you all doing? I woke up crampy today for the first time in a while. She was quiet for a few days and then flipped out last night! My stomach was jumping around!

For those of you in the US, there's a $5 off any purchase at ToysRus or BabiesRus coupon on the ToysRus website (good until 8/16).

Good morning ladies! 24 weeks today. Still a papaya but hey, it's my VDay!!! Whoot! Whoot! :happydance:

Happy Vday toothfairy.

B&B starts 3rd trimester at 27. I remember having a similar conversation when trying to figure out when to move to 2nd trimester because there are so many ways to calculate it. I'm moving over when you guys move :)

I am huge! People freak out when I tell them I'm not due until Dec. My bump is very high. I think my little one is so long (DH is 6'3) I feel him at the top and at the bottom. DH was complaining about not feeling him and was about to move his hand when little one delivered one of his strongest kicks yet! We both burst out laughing.

Anyone else have swollen body parts? My feet & ankles swell without me even doing anything. I stopped wearing my wedding band and engagement ring last month but my other ring that was a little bigger was not coming off the other day. It's fine now and slides on and off without issue today but it's not freaking me out.

Happy v day right back to ya blu!!!

I am opposite. Seem to be hiding my little one well. People are surprised when I tell them how far I am and so far nobody has actually noticed without me saying anything. I feel massive though. My hubby is also 6' 3" and baby was measuring with long legs at scan so I don't know where he is hiding!!

No massive amount of swelling unless it's a hot day for me yet but I am starting to get awful pain in my pubic joint. It's bad today. I see midwife next week so will mention it. I had PSD last time I was pregnant and had to have physio corsets and crutches!! That was 14 years ago and I hoped I would get away with it this time!

I agree with blu. I'll be moving over to the 3rd tri when I turn 27 weeks but I'll surely joing the new thread when I see it. My 'V day' is on Thurs!

I feel baby a little at the top and a little at the bottom. Mostly below my belly button and to my left for the past few days and her feet are/were above my belly button to my right. A few inches beneath my ribs. SHe's like caddycorner in there. Or she was anyway... She has been getting a little more active but she always has a quiet day here and there. Some days I can see my stomach move when she kicks. Dh can see it too but he still hasn't felt her. He should have yesterday as she kicked when he had his hand on my belly but I suppose maybe it was too gentle for him to feel. As for my weight and my bump I am huge! I'm going to try my best to slow down the weight gain as I will return to dieting after baby and I don't want to be at my highest weight ever! I'm anxious about it already. Exercise is difficult though as my back is really sore from my extra front weight...especially when I do a lot in one day.

Baby won't be getting much from us/Santa for Christmas as we will be tight on money and she won't really know the difference. Just a few things wrapped under the tree for her. I'll also be doing my shopping for the family early and it'll be gift cards. I think I'd be really uncomfortable shopping with my huge belly....

Hope everyone is doing well!

Anyone else just getting so impatient waiting for their baby to arrive? I have so much down time this month until work picks up in the fall and I'm going stir crazy here. We have picked up a few big baby items now, and some clothes and it's all just sitting in our living room staring me in the face all day long. I just keep thinking how I can't wait for our lo to be here, I want to meet him so badly! I keep trying to remind myself that I should enjoy all the quiet time and enjoy spending time with my dh but it's so hard to be patient!! Are any of you impatiently waiting for lo's arrival or are you glad we have a few more months to prepare?

I am so impatient! Some days 16 weeks doesn't feel like that long and other days it feels like forever away. I am spending my time trying to get the house all sorted and nice ready for baby's arrival. We just moved a few weeks back so still got boxes to be sorted and a bit of decorating I would like doing if we get chance. Hoping that keeps me occupied for a few more weeks yet.

I think this year is going to be tight financially for us too, so we are just going to get a couple cute christmas outfits and maybe a couple essentials that we didnt get at our showers. I think i will get the DH a red wagon, so that when we go camping he can pull the LO around.

On the DH front- he finally apologized and is trying to sort out what needs to be done now to prevent any more problems from this DUI. He is trying to find another job to pay the fine, court fees, and attorney fees. I have decided that it is his problem and he can figure it out!

Hopeful - glad to hear you got an apology! hope everything gets better for you guys!

I go back and forth with the impatience. Sometimes I'm so anxious to meet her and hold her but then I think about the sleepless nights and how this is the last few months where it will just be me and the DH.

I woke up today and theres a hard round circle to the right of my belly button. She is pressed up against the front of my stomach.. I am lightly touching it but im scared incase it's her head. It's a very very hard bump... I can feel her move if i cup my hand around it. SOOO WEIRD!!! She has all that space but choses to squish up there. I've had cramps the last few days so I'm wondering if she's going through a growth spurt.

I've had mixed responses to my bump, most say, 'wow you are huge for a december baby!' and then I went to see the in laws in ireland, and met a woman who is literally due any day and she said she didnt even realise I was pregnant (I had on a baggy vest top) so who knows?! the in laws think I look 'neat' and that ive lost weight everywhere else which doesnt surprise me as my appetite has really decreased. I could have done with losing that weight pre-pregnancy but hey-ho!!

My feet and ankles have just started to swell. Thought it was being on a plane back from ireland but it happened yesterday too. no distinction between my calves and my foot - lovely!!! x

My feet and ankles have just started to swell. Thought it was being on a plane back from ireland but it happened yesterday too. no distinction between my calves and my foot - lovely!!! x
:haha:

DH said my feet look like bear paws! lmao

I don't know if I'll buy much Christmas for this lo this year. And my family wont get much either.

Don't know if you ladies have seen this but I wanted to share b/c I'v seen so many people with these and put one on my registry as well. They are recalling the bumbo seat because babies are falling out of them :(

https://news.yahoo.com/popular-bumbo-infant-floor-seat-recalled-110245405.html

By the way, I think the parents are idiots for not watching the babies or placing the seat on high surfaces but I wanted to share anyways.

Don't know if you ladies have seen this but I wanted to share b/c I'v seen so many people with these and put one on my registry as well. They are recalling the bumbo seat because babies are falling out of them :(

https://news.yahoo.com/popular-bumbo-infant-floor-seat-recalled-110245405.html

By the way, I think the parents are idiots for not watching the babies or placing the seat on high surfaces but I wanted to share anyways.

Thanks for sharing. I have signed up for the cps recall email list but didn't get this one. I'm receiving a bumbo from my sister so I'll be ordering the repair kit. Hopefully it still has the product code and date code on the bottom because it's a used seat and the sticker might have worn off. Can't order the repair kit without that sticker. I wouldn't ever leave my baby unattended in one of those things anyway but the strap would be a nice precaution.

Oh ladies congratulations on your V-days! I didn't even realize I had reached my own! Omg just a few more weeks and we'll be in third tri!

My bump has popped! The intensity and streght of the kicks and movement are definetly at a new level, so cool! Add in some ligament pain (doesn't it feel awesome to sneeze when you're laying straight on your back?) and how about that fun pain when baby has squeezed himself inside your hip bone? Ouch!

Blu- Hey Blu! :flower:

I had that yucky GTT today. The taste was bad the way it turned my stomach was worse. I had to focus on not throwing up. :(

Re: the Bumbo, lady on the FB page I'm on said exactly the same thing - it's not a product fail, it's a parenting fail. The kids were prolly put up high and unattended, which it not what it's made for, it's not a restraint ffs...

Anyway.

I'm off to 3rd tri on Friday, see you guys soon :)

:haha:

DH said my feet look like bear paws! lmao

What a charmer :haha:

I agree that kid's falling out of the bumbo seat when it's up high is more of a parenting fail. I thought it'd be common sense not to do that!?! I've seen pictures of babies in their rocking/bouncer chairs on kitchen worktops too :dohh: I'm like ''seriously!?!''

See you over there 1eighty :wave:

All of us r so close to third tri already!
This thread has been great the whole 2nd tri. I snooped over into 3rd tri the other day and saw there's a due November thread already. I can't wait to move over in a week :)
This tri sure flew by for me hopefully the 3rd tri goes just as fast..

I did my GTt test last week I have to say it wasn't to bad. It tasted like sprite just thicker.
I was dreading it because when I did it with my son it was so gross ( it was orange) and made me so nauseous.

Re: the Bumbo, lady on the FB page I'm on said exactly the same thing - it's not a product fail, it's a parenting fail. The kids were prolly put up high and unattended, which it not what it's made for, it's not a restraint ffs...

Anyway.

I'm off to 3rd tri on Friday, see you guys soon :)

Agreed. I wouldn't put it up on a table and put my baby in it. Or if I did, I would have my hand out ready to catch him and never leave him unattended. Silly parents! I'm still going to use mine and order the strap.

Yikes! Third tri only a few weeks away for me but time is crawling imo. Just waiting to move into my new place and start decorating and setting up the nursery. Until then, nada.....:wacko:

I'm not sure if I have to do the glucose test thing. I have a midwife appt. in a few weeks but it's only a follow up to my anatomy scan because lo was being stubborn and we couldn't get skull measurements. Sounds like the gt is tons of fun tho. Not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->