Calling all Watermelon's

Woooo! Its my V day!! :). Happy V day too Imsotired xxx
How are all you ladies doing? Xxx

We have never had issues with our bumbo, but we always used it on the floor and always supervised use.

I just had to look up what v day was :blush: ok, so not long to go then! :) exciting!!!

I now know why pregnant women hold their stomachs alot...I thought perhaps it was because they wanted to emphasise the fact they were preggers and not fat (as thats what I do ahah!) but this week I find myself holding my bump low down because it feels as if I have a bag of rocks in there!

Im getting such strong wallops from this little boy...not painful but sometimes make me jump or gasp! did it in a meeting yesterday which made a few laugh! I think hes gonna be a rugby player like his dad.... !! x

The GTT test! Now I remember! Baby brain much! :dohh: Mine was orange too, to me it just tasted like flat orange soda, the worst was that you had like 2 minutes to drink it all, something absurd like that!

Happy VDay BabyForMe83!!

Happy VDay ImSoTired!!

cookielucylou I agree that it's not a product failure, more of a parenting one.

kellycontrary I hold my stomach a lot. Sometimes it's me rubbing where he is kicking, other times it's just habit! I wonder if boys kick harder than girls b/c his kicking is unbelievable at times. Even though this is my first baby (carried this far), I felt him kicking very early as well.

TropicalFruit mine was orange. It wasn't the taste as much as how it made me feel afterwards, gross. I was nauseated for the rest of the day.

I think the GTT drink we have over here tastes different to yours in the US. That's the impression I get anyway... ours is like a very very weak squash/cordial drink with water. It's not that unpleasant, and it's only a small cup. I get to try it out again tomorrow... YUM!

Thanks for remembering my V day! Pretty exciting! Happy V day also Babyforme! Just 16 weeks to go!

My glucose test is on the 30th of Aug. Not looking forward to it but I am looking forward to getting it over with and hopefully I pass. I'm so worried about every little thing.

Blu I think some baby's are more active and kick stronger than others like your boy. My little girl is usually pretty gentle and still feels a little fluttery sometimes. Every once in a while I'll get a big unexpected kick,hit, or roll. She also seems to have a pattern lately. She will be active (at all different times of the day) for 2 days and then she'll have a day where she naps mostly, a warm up day, and then 2 more very active days. It really makes me worry but then the next day she is back pounding away in there. I can't wait to meet her:flower:. I love her so much already. I should really be thinking more about what to name her.

Baby shower is about 8 weeks away! AHhh! I'm nervous about having so much attention but it'll hopefully be my last shower ever as I don't plan on having another shower for my next baby.

Anyway I hope everyone is doing well today!

I had to drink one of this litre bottles of original lucozade for my gtt test with my first, I was further on though, about 36 weeks I think because I just suddenly put on a whole load of weight. Hoping to avoid it this time round

Been in hospital overnight with gastroenteritis, in so much pain with it today but baby is very active so that's reassuring!

What is the GTT test? I don't remember doing that in my first pregnancy.
I've felt baby kicking a lot earlier in this pregnancy than my last, but I think you are supposed to feel it sooner 2nd time round? My first was a boy and we don't know what this one is yet.
Does everyone else love being pregnant? I really missed it when my DS was born.

Gtt is if they suspect you of contracting gestational diabetes during pregnancy. Not everybody has it, I think it's just if you fall into certain risk categories or if, like me, you put on a lot of weight.

Right girls, time to move on. See you in 3rd tri :)

I seem to have changed to an aubergine today!
When is everyone having all their baby stuff ready for? All ours is up in the loft so just needs a wash really but I don't know when to get it down. I just hope it hasn't all got damaged.

Right girls, time to move on. See you in 3rd tri :)

Congrats! See you in a few weeks!

When is everyone having all their baby stuff ready for? All ours is up in the loft so just needs a wash really but I don't know when to get it down. I just hope it hasn't all got damaged.

Congrats on being an eggplant! We're setting our stuff up slowly. I don't think it'll all come together until after the shower.

I am 1st of December :D xx
Welcome!

I still haven't bought any baby stuff! We've kinda decided to wait till after my birthday (end of september) by that time I'll be 30 weeks. Is that too late to start buying stuff??

I don't think that's too late, you should at least have another 7 weeks after then do should be plenty of time for you to buy what you need. Babies need very little in the early days anyway so you only 'need' a few things.

How is everyone this morning? Monday already?!

I have woke up with serious back ache :( but have a lovely day planned with a friend and then the MiL later so hoping the back pain goes away soon.

Hope everyone has a good day :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->