Calling all Watermelon's

Morning! Just had part one of my glucose tolerance test. Gotta go back in 2 hours.
Anybody else have theirs already and had results back??
Hope we're all doing well ladies xxx

I had my GTT on Friday and the MW said I'll have my results back within a fortnight :)

I've woken up with really sore boobs, they've also grown massively over the past few weeks. Baby feels a lot bigger too. Still have 14 weeks left of this to go!

We have bought a few packs of nappies, the odd bit of clothing (basics mainly) a changing/baby box, change mat, buggy and last week I received £70 of high street vouchers as a thank you for a project at work so we spent £50 on a 'love my bear' moses basket. this has me the most emotional as I cant stop staring into it thinking there will be a baby in there in a couple of months...not just any baby, MY baby!!!

I need to start thinking of feeding bits, bottles, breast pump, sterlizers etc. Luckily, my mum works at boots so she is keeping an eye on deals and generally on whats good and popular! x

Babyforme we haven't gotten much either. Just a few bits of clothing and the furniture. Not even the mattress yet of anything. My shower is about when I'm 31 weeks so after that we will be going out and filling in what we didn't get. I wouldn't worry about it.

Speaking of worrying I had an AWFUL weekend. The dog was just terrible and stubborn all weekend long and our water heater is leaking so DH was trying to repair it all weekend (he does that sort of thing for a living). We are just stressed beyond belief. To add to the stress baby was VERY quiet all weekend. I think she somehow was very low and facing my back so I didn't feel much only a faint pop here and there. I was so worried about her and I was contemplating calling the doctor this AM. But as I was lying in bed trying to go back to sleep after DH had gone to work I felt about a dozen pops near my belly button. I feel so much better now! Perhaps I just have a lazy or stubborn baby?

Anyhow I hope everyone else is doing well and I hope my week is much better than my weekend!

I haven't bought anything for bubs yet.. Besides his outfit to come home in.. However this is our 2nd baby so we have most things already. Really all I need to get is newborn diapers, vasoline (he's being circumcised). And a crib and mattress ( witch we r borrowing) because our son will be going into a toddler bed shortly after baby2 is born so we don't see the need to buy another crib.

2 odd questions.. 1- anyone due around thanksgiving hoping bubs comes before thanksgiving ( it's my fav. Holiday and I would like to enjoy it) lol
And 2- anyone not moving over to 3rd tri at 27 weeks. I've been popping in and out the last few days and think I'm gonna stay over here a few extra weeks. I don't want the last 3 months to seem to drag reading all the this is it threads. This pregnancy has flown by so I don't want the final few mths to drag.

Good Morning Ladies :flower:

Great news - just got my GTT results back and all in the clear - normal levels so yaye!!

Not so great news - Doc said my nitrates were coming in at levels that said I could be on my way to a urinary tract infection. So i took the darn antibotics even though I didn't have an UTI but guess what I do have now - a yucky yeast infection :devil:

We have only bought clothes for lo. DH wont let me buy anything else and it's caused so many arguments. I think he thinks i'm being impatient and says I need to wait until after the shower but I'm going nuts - this momma needs to nest!

Good Morning Ladies :flower:

Great news - just got my GTT results back and all in the clear - normal levels so yaye!!

Not so great news - Doc said my nitrates were coming in at levels that said I could be on my way to a urinary tract infection. So i took the darn antibotics even though I didn't have an UTI but guess what I do have now - a yucky yeast infection :devil:

We have only bought clothes for lo. DH wont let me buy anything else and it's caused so many arguments. I think he thinks i'm being impatient and says I need to wait until after the shower but I'm going nuts - this momma needs to nest!

Oh man that sucks!! I had both last month... I switched to cotton undies and so far it hasn't come back. Sitting on an icepack helped me get some relief when I had the yeast infection. Hope you're better soon!

I am 25 wks tomorrow and so far har had no mention of a GTT?! I see midwife tomorrow, first time since 16 wks which I think is rediculous!! Maybe she will mention it then? When are you supposed to have it and what happens?

I barely had any movement from the little one this weekend. I was laying down last night and was getting up to get some water and felt a hard jab near my belly button but it felt like it came from the outside, not the inside. So weird... anyone have this?

I've been feeling down the last few days. I feel like I'm a burden on everyone and just feel sad. I work from home so I don't interact with anyone during the day face to face other than my DH when he gets home so I guess I'm just lonely. hopefully i get out of this funk soon...

My cousin and my sister gave me tons of clothes so I have a lot of stuff. I've only bought a few outfits, a rocker and ceiling fan (Craigslist deals), and some drawer knobs so far. We're having 2 baby showers and the first one is in a few weeks so we're now working on getting everything out of the room and donating stuff we aren't using to make room for all the baby stuff.

I barely had any movement from the little one this weekend. I was laying down last night and was getting up to get some water and felt a hard jab near my belly button but it felt like it came from the outside, not the inside. So weird... anyone have this?

I've been feeling down the last few days. I feel like I'm a burden on everyone and just feel sad. I work from home so I don't interact with anyone during the day face to face other than my DH when he gets home so I guess I'm just lonely. hopefully i get out of this funk soon...

My cousin and my sister gave me tons of clothes so I have a lot of stuff. I've only bought a few outfits, a rocker and ceiling fan (Craigslist deals), and some drawer knobs so far. We're having 2 baby showers and the first one is in a few weeks so we're now working on getting everything out of the room and donating stuff we aren't using to make room for all the baby stuff.

I definately know how you feel (and also my baby was pretty inactive this weekend which made me nervous and scared to death). I am unemployed and I am home all day and only really talk to DH when he gets home. I feel lonely and sad and just a burden like you mentioned. I think it's just something that happens when you spend a lot of time at home and the hormones don't help. Hope you feel better soon!

We have finally brought a first outfit for baby-its white with a bunny on one side. Everything else we have left over from my DS, obviously if it comes out a girl a shopping trip will be in order!

I pretty much have all of baby's clothes up until she's 3 months, I just need to get vests. I have my pram already and will be using DD's cot, I just need a moses basket and some of the basic stuff really. Oh and to pack my hospital bag, but saving all of that until I'm around 32 weeks.

Wow I feel like I have been over spending or just super organised. I literally have only got a crib matress and a cot matress to buy. Im still unsure if were getting a cot from the in laws or not but that wont be til baby is at least 4 months old as we have a moses basket and the crib for the first few months.

Im decorating the nursery this weekend and OH just said he isnt around on the saturday which is annoying as we have a single bed in there. Ill need to get him to load up the car on Friday ready for the skip.

I sat down and wrote my formal notice for maternity leave last night. Work STILL havent told me if i will get more that SMP which is rather annoying. My last day will be the 9th Nov but Im going to use annual leave in October aswell so I have4 weeks of only working 4 days. :happydance:

How is everyone?

I had a midwife appt yesterday. All is going well. I have to wait 4 weeks for my next clinic appt now which seems quite far away- or is that just me??Ill be 29 weeks then.

Anyone fancy sharing their bump pics now were all about to leave 2nd Tri in the next week or so? xxx

Good morning ladies!

25 weeks today. Just been for midwife appt. was reassuring as haven't had one since 16 weeks. All was good she felt fundal height and heard heart which I didn't expect.

On the down side I've got to go for the dreaded 3 hour GTT. I'm really worried about it. She said no point doing the 1 hour one just do the 3 hour. Anyone have this one? What wait like? Think I'll go tomorrow and get it over with.

I've had hardly any mw appointments this pregnancy, my last was at 16 weeks and I was in and out in 5mins and didn't get a chance to ask her anything. My next isn't until 28 weeks.
I guess after you have had one pregnancy they just leave you to it-surely there is still just as much chance of something going wrong 2nd time round?

I've had hardly any mw appointments this pregnancy, my last was at 16 weeks and I was in and out in 5mins and didn't get a chance to ask her anything. My next isn't until 28 weeks.
I guess after you have had one pregnancy they just leave you to it-surely there is still just as much chance of something going wrong 2nd time round?

I only got a 25 wk one as I am 40 this year and have a huge gap as my other 2 are 14 and 16! It does seem crazy the huge gaps but from now it's more often

Ohh and I finally have a bump! I seem to have popped out a few days ago, I was getting in the bath looked down and was Ohh where did you come from lol.

Hey Nicki! I was wondering where you went off to. The title changed! I'd love to be as prepared and organized as you. DH won't let me and it's driving me mad.

Lolly - does the moses basket go with you in the bed? I've only recently heard of these.

cookielucylou - what a cute outfit you have picked out! That is an awful long time between appointments. I wonder why they do it that way. And congrats on your bump!

Happy 25 weeks Toothfairy!!! Only 15 more weeks to go for us, whoot! whoot! Glad to hear appointment went ok. I didn't have the 3 hour one, only the 1 hour one and I fell asleep waiting. If I had the 3 hour one I'd probably had of taken it home to do and come back.

I'm just counting down. Crazy busy at work but still making time to check on some of my favorite b&b ladies! 5 more days until double digits!

I have my 3 hour GTT (thats the only one you get in the UK) next Tuesday.

Ive been having huge internet problems and changing the thread on my phone is not the easiest task lol.

A moses basket can be put anywhere really. It has handles so you can move it around (though according to someone on BnB youre not meant to move when LO is in it.... kinda makes it pointless then right??) We have one to put in the living room or when im in the kitchen. I have a 3 storey house so lots of moving around.

As for getting organised a) my husband is useless b) he doesnt have a choice lol. He has yet to start on his project of fixing the crib we were given and putting up some shelves in our bedroom.... useless lol. But love him to bits.

I managed to get one of my sisters over this weekend to help with the house work. I find I cnt spend too long on the floor anymore cleaning up after the dogs. Cant wait to get laminate flooring down!!! But again that was meant to be a job for this weekend and OH is now working. GRRRRRRR...........

Hey nicki! Yay eggplants! I'll be one on Thurs I think!

I am so sore and tired today! I think I slept a total of 5 hours maybe. Between the dog being her terrible self and my not being able to get comfortable I was up all night tossing and turning:cry:. The nerves in my back and all of the muscles in my back and legs are so sore. I think it's because of all of the bending I've been doing. I've been bending with my knees to take pressure off of my back but now my legs hurt:dohh: I can't win! I hope I sleep better from here on out....

Hope everyone is doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"