Calling all Watermelon's

I too haven't bought anything yet, but one morning last week I sat down on the floor of my baby's room and went through all his baby clothes, separating the newborn and 3 months sizes with my little one sitting on his crib watching. I was talking and singing to him, to which he would fall back laughing at times! :haha: :cloud9:

I must say I got emotional reminiscing, looking at the first hat he wore and so many other things! Just made everything so real, how amazing I am going to have another baby!

I'm going to order my stroller very soon, as I didn't have one last time, I have a Moby wrap that I'm still using. I'm gonna get some more of my favorite things such as one piece footsies and soft blankets, also some wintery stuff! No shoes tho, I have so many baby shoes you guys wouldn't believe it!

25 weeks today!! Just posted bump photo on december babies in preg groups! Thought I would share! Midwife told me it is small and neat but baby is measuring 25 weeks! I feel very brave!!! sorry for photo quality couldnt get light right one room very dark and one very bright!!!

Attachments

• 25 weeks 2.jpg
    25 weeks 2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 25 weeks.jpg
    25 weeks.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 1
Toothfairy you have a nice small bump. You're very lucky. I look like I'm ready to pop already. It's a bit depressing.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can do about my sore muscles? I'm sore all over! I'm pretty sure that's the main reason I got almost no sleep last night (besides fighting with the dog, but she was quiet after 12:45 and I just waited up until 1:30 to make sure she was finished) then I slept for maybe 2 hours before waking up to all of these sore muscles and I literally could not get comfortable. It feels like I was working out which I was not. It's my thighs, my back and my shoulders. It's just awful. I took a warm bath earlier to try and ease it a little but being that I couldn't use HOT HOT water it didn't do much. Also if I weren't pregnant I would slather on some topical ointment and take 2 to 4 ibuprofen. I know I can take tylenol but I'm at a loss about what else I can do. I REALLY need to sleep tonight. Any one having a similar problem or know what else I can do?:cry: I'm just so sore!

Imsotired

Thank you! Have you tried some gentle stretches? I know it sounds mad but I suffer with by back and am having awful pubis symphis pain at mo. I sit watching tv doing some gentle Pilates type stretches some nights and it seems to help. Also I got a pregnancy pillow to put between my knees in bed. It helps loads!!

Tropical, I can only imagine how you feel. I got the same way thinking about my niece starting her first day of school. Just started tearing up. I remember bringing her home from the hospital.

ImSoTired maybe try a bath with Epsom salts? That's what DH keeps trying to get me to do but I haven't yet. I heard it works wonders. I may try after this yucky infection goes away.

Thanks girls. I'm just so tired and sore and I can't get comfortable enough to sleep because of my muscles feeling sore and just blah. I really just need to sleep but I can't figure out how. I was crying at 5:30 AM because I was so tired. I scared poor DH because he didn't know what was going on. He woke up to me crying and he thought something was really wrong. I need a full body massage or something! I haven't felt like this since I began running on the treadmill a few months before I fell pregnant.:shrug:

imsotired - I hope you feel better! I was waking up leg cramps/spasms last week and started doing stretches and it's def helping! You should talk to your doctor - maybe they can recommend something to help!

I had a mini meltdown in front of the dh on Monday. He kept asking me what was wrong and I finally started bawling... I feel like a bother on everyone and it sucks. Feeling better today though... it was good to let it out.

I FINALLY purchased some maternity jeans ($17 at old navy!). The belly band isn't working as well anymore. Now all I need is something to wear at our baby shower!

Hi everyone! I am a little late. But wanted to join this thread. I am due December 16, with a baby boy :)

Hi and welcome lulu

Nicki.... Are you gonna start a 3rd tri thread soon?' :)

welcome Lulu! :flower:

Hope you're feeling better imsotired :hug:

I had an emotional meltdown a couple days ago due to an argument with my OH. I can' believe how worked up I got.. my crying almost turned into a panic attack and I could hear my heart pumping in my ears... This has been my first serious bout of tears and it took me completely by surprise how intense it was. Ever since then, I've felt a little uncertain about the future and a little emotionally unstable :cry:

I hope you ladies are doing better xx

I've been getting calf and foot cramps in the night too!
I've suffered with a nose bleed also, but just the once, however last night I woke up to go to the loo and had a stuffy nose .... now this is def tmi so sorry, but I felt something at the back of my throat, when I coughed into a tissue it was a lot of bloody mucus. COuldnt sleep for ages after that as I kept tasting it! Anyone else had that issue? I've read my little preggers book, know its quite normal but its also quite disgusting!!! x

Thanks girls. I am feeling a little better but I have still haven't been sleeping too well. I can't figure it out.

25 weeks today for me and babyforme! Woohoo!

So I am stressing about the shower. I found a really cute game about the diaper raffle which would be awesome to get a pack of diapers but I also like the poems about bringing books. Would it be selfish of me to ask for both? I don't expect everyone to participate but my asking wouldn't be too selfish, would it? I don't know. Maybe I will just do one or the other...

Congrats cookie on double figures.. It's such a great milestone :)

I get calf cramps all the time at least twice a day. I was told it could be from dehydration so I've been constantly drinking water to see if it helps..

could you split it down the middle and some get a book invite and some get a diaper invite? Maybe family gets one type and friends get another??

Baby is wriggling around like crazy today. I swear I saw his head pop out of my belly yesterday. I could actually cup with my hand what had poked out!! I was lying down and my belly was proper lopsided. :haha:

My belly button has well and truely popped now :(

I spent my evening last night trying to sort out the crap from the spare room. Lots of stuff going to the tip! OH is currently playing his xbox....mentioned 3 times now if he wouldnt mind dismantling the single bed and putting it in the car ready for me to take tomorrow. Grrrrr... :doh:

An update on other things: my sister (with anorexia) is getting admitted to hospital on Tuesday. Luckily its just down the road from my house and with me going on maternity leave in 10 weeks (yes only 10 weeks!!) it will make all the difference as my family live 35-50 mins away depending on traffic. Its broke my heart but it really is the best place for her. :cry:

Lolly - does the moses basket go with you in the bed? I've only recently heard of these.

Sorry Blu, have only just seen this! :dohh:

You can have moses baskets in bed with you, or you can just buy the stand to have them on :thumbup: I think you might call moses baskets 'bassinets' over there? Or I may just be wrong!? :haha:

https://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/products/images/large/B6271.jpg

26 weeks today for me, can not believe I'll be moving over to 3rd tri in just a week! It's a little bit scary actually :argh:

Nicki - haha my dh was playing xbox yesterday and I told him to put the bags in the trunk (filled with clothes to donate) so I can drop them off at the donation center today and of course, it's still in the same spot today. sighhh. I hope your sister recovers soon!!

Imsotired- glad you're feeling a little better! Happy 25 weeks! My friend did the diaper thing and I wanted to do it too but my sister said that would be "forcing people to spend more money". I think they're doing the book instead of greeting card thing. My friend just did the diaper thing but a lot of people didn't participate.

Hi LuluSS :hi:

I think I have a solution to my shower problem. I have written my own poem for a diaper and book game. This way it is one game and I won't worry about asking too much of my guests... how does it sound?

"*Book and Diaper Game*

You can bring a pack of diapers
size 1, 2, or 3
Or you can bring a book for Mommy and Daddy to read to me!

Bring one or bring both,
either one will do,
with each one you get a chance to win a prize for YOU!

Thank you!"

Very cute poem :) Good idea!

I wanted to use a moses basket but decided against it after reading this:
https://consumerreports.org/cro/bassinets/buying-guide.htm

I'm going to try to avoid using a bassinet but I probably will have to for atleast the first few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->