Calling all Watermelon's

Wow dates were way off but at least you know now and you can enjoy each step at a time without missing a moment :)

Just a quick question; have people put weight on yet? I am seeing a few threads on here where people are only a week or two ahead of us and seem to have their bumps and a small/big weight gain dependent and it got me thinking.... I havent put a sinlge lb on yet. Emma's diary say this week we should have gained approximately 5lbs.

What is your body doing? I know everyone is different but I want my bump now! lol (im sure i wont be complaining in a few months)

Of course not! Hello and welcome.

I have added you to the front with all of our dates. xx

I think at the most I've put on about 0.2kgs. But that could just be the discrepancy between my scales and the one that the midwife used at my booking in.

I had my NT scan last Tuesday morning and still don't have the results! I'm hoping that's a good thing...

Had a standard OB appt today and surprise - they did another ultrasound! The baby looked so much bigger than it did last week and was very active. I asked if she could see any hints to the gender but she said it's too early.

I had my NT scan last Tuesday morning and still don't have the results! I'm hoping that's a good thing...

Had a standard OB appt today and surprise - they did another ultrasound! The baby looked so much bigger than it did last week and was very active. I asked if she could see any hints to the gender but she said it's too early.

Same here, I thought, we'll shouldn't they have called me by now. I guess no news is good news. Maybe they'll tell me the results at my next appointment in 2 weeks.

Yaye! on the suprise ultrasound. It's always nice to see your lo. I wish they made something with a monitor that we could just take a look and see baby whenever we wanted.

I finally had enough energy to go to the gym this evening. Yippeeee!!!!

Not been to the gym in 10 weeks and boy does it feel like it!

I had my NT test results back last week and i was a bit surprised at my letter it bascially said: (obviously in more technical terms than mine but just as concise)

dear lambchops, after your NT scan and blood tests performed on such a date, youre results are in the low risk catagory, this does not completely eliminate a rish of Downs syndrome, any questions ask your midwife, yours, the hospital.

My midwife appointment is due on monday and im looking forward to hearing the heartbeats!

Hi! i'm a peach :) due december 13th! but its a big baby so will probably be early :p

Nickibrum- each pregnancy is completly different with my son I had put on about 15lbs at this point.. this pregnancy I've gained 2lbs so far.. I do have a small bump have had it for a few weeks now. However my son is 7mths so my ab muscles weren't really all that strong when I got pregnant this time. With my son I didn't have any kind of a bump till 5mths even with all the weight I had gained.

Nicki- I have gained 7 lbs and I have a big old bump. I think it's normal for everyone to gain at their own pace though. I was also on a low calorie diet prior to falling pregnant so I think it is normal that I gained and popped rather quickly. A month ago you couldn't tell I was pg at all but now I think you could If I wore tight clothes. I can definately tell but a stranger might think I'm fat:haha:. It's definately all baby though.

As for my NT scan they told me no news is good news so I assume all is well and I'll get results in the mail eventually or they'll tell me at my next appt on the 27th of this month. They said they would call if there were any issues so I guess I'm not worried. Besides, the woman who did the scan was pretty confident it all looked normal so I'm hoping it is.

Hope you're all doing well!

Hi Blu_Butterfly!

Hi ImSoTired :hi:

Good to hear that no news is good news.

I've actually loss 2 pounds but my stomach looks bigger. I'm like, is the weight just shifting? lol

Is it ok to join in? We are currently a lemon and due november 30th.

I've gained 6. eek. :eek:

Well, I got my nt scan and blood test results back. The scan was normal, the blood test was considered negative but my odds for down's syndrome for my age were about 1/720 and after the blood test they gave me odds of 1/310. I don't like that number! I'm sure my baby is fine but I was expecting a much lower risk than that. I have no family history of it and am only 25 years old. At least the doctor said the baby looks normal from the scan. :)

Anyone else have this screening done?

I mainly did it for the extra ultrasound and I'm not really stressing over the numbers. Just kind of curious why my risk doubled. What did my blood test say that made my risk higher, I wonder?

Well, I got my nt scan and blood test results back. The scan was normal, the blood test was considered negative but my odds for down's syndrome for my age were about 1/720 and after the blood test they gave me odds of 1/310. I don't like that number! I'm sure my baby is fine but I was expecting a much lower risk than that. I have no family history of it and am only 25 years old. At least the doctor said the baby looks normal from the scan. :)

Anyone else have this screening done?

I mainly did it for the extra ultrasound and I'm not really stressing over the numbers. Just kind of curious why my risk doubled. What did my blood test say that made my risk higher, I wonder?

A woman I know was told her child most likely had downs and should prepare to have a special needs child. She was shocked and worried but obviously wanted her baby anyway and just hoped for the best. The child was born a bit unhealthy but 100% normal anyways without down syndrome. She told me she doesn't have much faith in the bloods because of it. I wouldn't worry much about it I guess.

It's so hard not to worry though. I haven't gotten my results back yet but of course I'm worried about it. I have a second round of bloods coming up as well. I don't know if they are for the same thing or what...? The woman who did the measurements said she thought everything looked well within the normal range so I guess I should just relax.

I'm sure your baby is just fine too. I don't know what those bloods determine as I'm not really familiar with the them.

I finally got my blood test results this morning. 1 in 2800 chance of Downs. Wow what a difference a few years make. When I was pregnant with my DS my results from the blood test was in the region of 1 in 20000!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->