Calling all Watermelon's

Still waiting for our results :(

Have you ladies announced it yet? We're probably going to announce it on fbook this weekend. I gave my mom the ok to tell people yesterday and she called half of India in like 15 minutes lol. Starting to feel more real now!

We announced it last saturday. Both of our work managers knew so it was finally ok to come out in the open. I was 13+5 then I think.

I put "this christmas will be extra special as we will be a mummy and daddy". *tiny* bit more subtle than IM PREGNANT!!! lol (though not by much :blush:)

We told everyone ages ago as I couldn't keep it to myself and neither could DH. I know it was risky but really it still sort of is so I took my chances. Just hope it all works out.

Oh ps we had already told family before we announced it on fb.

Parents knew at 5 weeks, grandparents at 10 weeks, sisters at 11 weeks and cousins/aunts at 12 weeks... everyone else at 13+ weeks

Im so confused. I swear I just felt a movement but it was just to the side of my belly button.... I didnt think the uterus was that high?!?

Hi guys, my results came through on Thursday. Mine is 1:290 which the hospital classes as normal but it still seems miles away from those who have a result of 1:thousands :(

The thing that has me concerned is a seperate letter that said that my blood test results suggest that I could be in the group of women who develops high blood pressure or a small baby. They've booked me in for another scan at 6months to check that the placenta is functioning properly.

I did what I probably shouldn't and googled - basically they are saying I could be predisposed to developing pre-eclampsia...

I just really wondered how they determine that from a blood sample..
I'm trying not to worry and hoping all turns out for the best...

If they believe you ate at risk of pre-eclampsia then they will monitor you very closely.

Unfortunately I don't know how they determine that from just your blood results though.

Yep... Bottom of letter say they considering changing me to high risk based on more results. I'm remaining positive as there's not much control I have over this...

Well, I got my nt scan and blood test results back. The scan was normal, the blood test was considered negative but my odds for down's syndrome for my age were about 1/720 and after the blood test they gave me odds of 1/310. I don't like that number! I'm sure my baby is fine but I was expecting a much lower risk than that. I have no family history of it and am only 25 years old. At least the doctor said the baby looks normal from the scan. :)

Anyone else have this screening done?

I mainly did it for the extra ultrasound and I'm not really stressing over the numbers. Just kind of curious why my risk doubled. What did my blood test say that made my risk higher, I wonder?

A woman I know was told her child most likely had downs and should prepare to have a special needs child. She was shocked and worried but obviously wanted her baby anyway and just hoped for the best. The child was born a bit unhealthy but 100% normal anyways without down syndrome. She told me she doesn't have much faith in the bloods because of it. I wouldn't worry much about it I guess.

It's so hard not to worry though. I haven't gotten my results back yet but of course I'm worried about it. I have a second round of bloods coming up as well. I don't know if they are for the same thing or what...? The woman who did the measurements said she thought everything looked well within the normal range so I guess I should just relax.

I'm sure your baby is just fine too. I don't know what those bloods determine as I'm not really familiar with the them.

Yeah, I'm not too worried. I have faith we are having a normal child. My husband works for someone who has a child with downs so he worries about it more than I do. He probably needs to stop talking to his boss about his kid with downs, it's getting him all concerned.

I have no idea what it is in my blood that even tells them I am at higher risk for having a child with downs. I'm not even going to think about it and I'm reassured that my nt scan was normal. HH 9m to you all! :):flower:

Hi guys, my results came through on Thursday. Mine is 1:290 which the hospital classes as normal but it still seems miles away from those who have a result of 1:thousands :(

The thing that has me concerned is a seperate letter that said that my blood test results suggest that I could be in the group of women who develops high blood pressure or a small baby. They've booked me in for another scan at 6months to check that the placenta is functioning properly.

I did what I probably shouldn't and googled - basically they are saying I could be predisposed to developing pre-eclampsia...

I just really wondered how they determine that from a blood sample..
I'm trying not to worry and hoping all turns out for the best...

Sorry to hear. Glad to know that you will be monitored closely though. You should be fine! I too have a risk like that and I don't know why. My nt scan was normal but my bloods gave me a risk of 1/310. Not sure how they even calculate that so not putting much stock in it. Try not to worry. Some people are told they are most likely having a disabled or unhealthy child and their baby comes out completely fine. :)

I really do not know how it all works, last DD I had a risk of 1:300 I worried a little but knew she had no makers at the 12 week scan and again at the 20 week scan. I was worried for this time as I am now 2 1/2 years older and 35 so wondered if I should even do it being that I would probably get a worse result and worry the whole time. Well I got my results back and it was 1:1100. So I have no idea how they work it. First DD was like 1:16,000.

Lots of things can affect the results, weight, medical conditions, apparently if it is your 3rd child and the other children are healthy (no downs) your odds are better too.

I am sure everything will be fine:)

Hi ladies, may i join too. My edd is 15th dec. so happy to be in 2nd tri .. It felt a little bit like forever :haha:

Hi Bay - I LOVE your avatar pic haha

I FINALLY got my NT scan results and they were normal. I'm relieved!

Sorry to hear. Glad to know that you will be monitored closely though. You should be fine! I too have a risk like that and I don't know why. My nt scan was normal but my bloods gave me a risk of 1/310. Not sure how they even calculate that so not putting much stock in it. Try not to worry. Some people are told they are most likely having a disabled or unhealthy child and their baby comes out completely fine. :)

Aww thanks hun, I'll do my best not to worry, especially as everything is going so well in general. We have to expect the best and enjoy our pregnancies. I do feel very positive about everything so I'm holding on to that feeling:hugs:

Great news:hugs: Now we have growing bellies, kicks and 20 week scans to look forward to!

Great news:hugs: Now we have growing bellies, kicks and 20 week scans to look forward to!

I don't think I can wait for my 20 week scan!! The hubby finally decided hes ok with finding out the gender so I want to know now!!!!! I'll be 16 weeks around my 30th bday so I might book a private gender scan as a bday gift to myself :) I like that some places give you a dvd video of the scan! Anyone else doing a private one?

Wahey!!!!

I'm an orange today!!!!

How is everyone else doing?

I'm an orange now too. Its scary how fast this pregnancy is going compared to my first!

Congrats to you both! I'm a lemon today....sounds a bit weird! Still feeling sick & throwing up :( when will this stop???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->