Calling all Watermelon's

There are no definite stop times for sickness, i'm also still getting it and i was sick all the way through with my first. I think your either lucky or your not

My sickness pretty much stopped at just over 13 weeks. However I did have few days of dry gagging instead! In my first pregnancy I only had that the nausea and that tapered off at just over 10 weeks. So unfortunately every pregnancy is different.

Cookielucylou, I'm finding this pregnancy dragging so much more so than my last. But I've had a crappy time with this one and found out very early at 3+4 weeks.

Last time round I was oblivious to it until 6 weeks and that was only cos of the nausea. Also I had a lot going on at work which helped the time pass a lot quickly.

I'm eagerly waiting for my 16 week appointment as that'll be another mini milestone I can tick off.

My OH is going away for a week tomorrow on a stage do. Feeling all emotional about it.

He will be abroad in France watching the racing. Im not worried about women etc, but rather something could happen and he is 7 hours away from us. Plus we have spent about 1 night apart since we moved in together. When he went on his stag do thats when I had my hen weekend cuz I knew I would need to keep busy.

As to sickness, I think it is just different for everyone and also curve balls get thrown at you out of nowhere.

My next mw appointment is next Friday (22nd) but I dunno if anything special is going to happen. Just couting down to Paris in 2 weeks and then its our 2nd anniversary, and then 2 weeks after that its 20 week baby scan. Hoping time flies :) xx

I am an orange today too!!!!

My sickness is still off and on but has been like this since about 8 weeks. Couple of bearable days with just nausea when I think it is going to stop then a few more days of feeling awful and throwing up again!!!!

I am an orange today too:)

I was getting worried today that I didn't feel as sick or tired. Got out of the shower, brushed my teeth .... then spent the next 5 minutes dry retching over the sink (classy):dohh:

So I guess my symptoms are just a bit up and down.

I'm an orange today too! My sickness, which was mostly during the evening, has picked up during the day now :-( I thought it was supposed to tapper of during second trimester but it's getting stronger. Still not much vomitting, but that sick feeling is so strong. I told DH, I don't know what our lo was doing last night but something was going on because the nausea was so strong the feeling felt like it was stretching from my stomach up the back of my throat. :sick:

Anywho, my next appointment is next Thurs, 6/21, whoohoo! Wont get to see lo, but will get to hear heart beat. Good enough!

I'm eating an orange right now. Hopefully this will speed up the process :)

So we made it fbook public yesterday! Feels so good not to hide it anymore!

Attachments

• PregAnnouncementfb copy.jpg
    PregAnnouncementfb copy.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 8
I'm eating an orange right now. Hopefully this will speed up the process :)

So we made it fbook public yesterday! Feels so good not to hide it anymore!

Oh I love your attached image! I think it's so cute x

Hello!!

Due December 4th.... though it may be the 5th according to last ultrasound LOL

I'm an Orange finally :)

I won't be an orange until thurs and I have an OB appt that day and I'll hopefully get to hear the heartbeat. Still 5 or so weeks until scan and I wish it were sooner:cry:. I feel so left out as everyone elses scans are so much earlier than mine. And I'm nervous to wait so long.

My grandfather is very ill and in the hospital still. I'm so worried and scared and just feeling so down the last few days. Nothing seems to be going right and I just have no motivation or self esteem. Hoping it's not depression/anxiety creeping up again.

As for symptoms I have VERY few and I've never thrown up. I haven't been nauseous of have any breast pain since about 9 or 10 weeks. I guess I'm a 'lucky' one. I do gag more when I brush my teeth and my sense of smell is still pretty strong. Is anyone else getting the occasional cramp again? TMI-Also my bowel movements are all over the place, never the same from one day to the next. Lastly I do feel something once in a while but I'm still not convinced it's baby it might be gas or digestion or something?:shrug:

Anyhow I hope you girls are all doing well.

Fingers crossed for your grandad hun. :hugs:

Has anyone made any big purchases yet or sorted out maternity leave?

Anyone started thinking about xmas?? xx

Yay for avo's! I felt a bit of a con, I was a day away from not being the thread title fruit/veg when I posted here last. I have THREE WHOLE DAYS of being allowed here now though :p

When they put an avo on the timeline, I thought to myself "they can't possibly have seen the avo's we get here in Zim"..."or the mangoes, papayas, or watermelon..." lol! A small avo out here is classed as a "large" in the UK. A regular mango here is the size of your hand with all fingers outstretched, and it will cover those fingers.

Now I want a mango and they're not in season anymore. Hmpfh.

I am an orange today too!!!!

My sickness is still off and on but has been like this since about 8 weeks. Couple of bearable days with just nausea when I think it is going to stop then a few more days of feeling awful and throwing up again!!!!

That's how I am. Some days I'm just really nauseous and other days I'm puking. I felt great for a couple days around 11 weeks and thought for sure it was the turning point. Then, my sickness came back even worse than it was before and hasn't gone away. Hoping I'm not sick my entire pregnancy but it's beginning to look that way for me. Hope you start to feel better! :)

Im still sick! Some days are better than others and sometimes its because i need to eat, but there are times (like right now) when i have eaten and still feel pukey...Today it is probably due to stress and worry, as my dad had to have an emergency heart cath today where they had to fix a 99% blockage in the main artery. He could have had a massive heart attack and died. RIght now, he is recovering from this in the critical care unit...

Im still sick! Some days are better than others and sometimes its because i need to eat, but there are times (like right now) when i have eaten and still feel pukey...Today it is probably due to stress and worry, as my dad had to have an emergency heart cath today where they had to fix a 99% blockage in the main artery. He could have had a massive heart attack and died. RIght now, he is recovering from this in the critical care unit...

aww hopeful2012 - hope he gets well soon! I'm actually at my inlaws because my brother-in-law had a heart attack with 2 blockages so I totally understand how you feel. Just make sure you stay hydrated and try to snack... it will help!

Hopeful2012: Sorry to hear that. Hope all goes well with your pops and you feel better.

I let the inlaws listen in to the heartbeat last night and we got a little kick for a reward. I cant feel it yet but it was definitely a few small kicks interrupting our listening. :)

I've just worked out I have 5 months left at work tomorrow! :happydance: I love my job but today I am soooo tired and no energy at all.

Mum bought us a moses basket yesterday with her doubled up Tesco clubcard points. We have got so much of the big stuff, all new, and so far we havent paid full time for a single item- or we have got it free from using points we have collected over time.

Im starting to fret a bit about xmas already. While its a party I only have 5 months left of work- that means 6 full pay checks before LO arrives. Ekk. and every penny is getting saved away for when Im on maternity leave and take a huge drop in income. Anyone got any cheap but thoughtful/personal ideas? I think im going to start raiding the sales and putting together hampers for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->