Calling all Watermelon's

Thanks Lolly! Yes, we call it a bassinet. I had no idea what everyone had been talking about until now! :doh: Happy 26 weeks!

Happy 25 weeks Imsotired!

kellycontrary I haven't experienced that. Sounds yucky! I hope things get better for you.

cookielucylou congrats on being in double digits!

hopeful2012 Happy V-day!

Nicki I know that had to be tough choice. I hope she gets better soon.

AFM - Im doing well. No complaints. This morning my phone was down by my belly and the alarm was going off and I didn't hear it because I was sleeping hard. Well LO did NOT like that and woke me up with such strong kicks I thought I was having contractions. I woke up so scared and didn't know what to do. Then I cut the alarm off and he stopped. I'm guessing this guy will not be a morning person!

Feeling pretty good today. baby is a bit on the lazy side today but hoping she perks up soon. I'm so tried of all of the worrying I do....
I ended up sleeping pretty well last night which I'm happy about. Getting close to double digits! Pretty exciting! Also DH and I are going to go and register for my baby shower because I want to sent the invites out by the second week of Sept.

Hope everyone is doing well today!

What is the GTT test? I don't remember doing that in my first pregnancy.
I've felt baby kicking a lot earlier in this pregnancy than my last, but I think you are supposed to feel it sooner 2nd time round? My first was a boy and we don't know what this one is yet.
Does everyone else love being pregnant? I really missed it when my DS was born.

I seriously love being pregnant. Obviously I'm still in the 2nd trimester which everyone tells me is the good part compared to the feeling gross first trimester, and the feeling huge, tired and ungainly in the 3rd, but I really do love it. I'm surprised every day at how quickly the time has been flying by, and sometimes I feel like with how busy I am with work and stuff, I'm not getting a chance to savor it like I'd otherwise want to. But at any rate, I haven't had a difficult pregnancy (I think my body is making up for the fact that it took so long to get pregnant in the first place lol) and I'm actually looking forward to giving birth.

I have a gestational diabetes test scheduled for my next midwife appointment at the end of September, and I'm honestly freaking out about it. I think I eat pretty well compared to the average Joe, and I don't have many (if any) risk factors, but I know that if I fail it, I will get bumped out of the birth center and will have to see an OB instead of my midwife and that is seriously my worst nightmare! The only shining light is that my test will be done with a sandwich, a piece of fruit, and a glass of fruit juice rather than with some crazy sugary syrup or candy, so at least I shouldn't be grossed out by it! I even get to make my own sandwich.

I seem to have changed to an aubergine today!
When is everyone having all their baby stuff ready for? All ours is up in the loft so just needs a wash really but I don't know when to get it down. I just hope it hasn't all got damaged.

We are slowly getting things ready. This is our first so nothing from a previous baby to sort through. My SIL did give us a bag full of gently used baby clothes and towels and washcloths and things, and is also letting us borrow her boppy and breastfriend pillow. We also got a carseat and stroller as gifts from family, and we've started working on the nursery (bought the crib, repainting a dresser), so I feel like we have a solid start.

2 odd questions.. 1- anyone due around thanksgiving hoping bubs comes before thanksgiving ( it's my fav. Holiday and I would like to enjoy it) lol
And 2- anyone not moving over to 3rd tri at 27 weeks. I've been popping in and out the last few days and think I'm gonna stay over here a few extra weeks. I don't want the last 3 months to seem to drag reading all the this is it threads. This pregnancy has flown by so I don't want the final few mths to drag.

Gah. I feel like the 2nd trimester has really flown by -- I'm about three weeks away from third, and with how busy things are with work, I feel like I've hardly had time to check the threads for this trimester, let alone looking forward to the 3rd! It's crazy to think that I'm basically six months pregnant already!

We have only bought clothes for lo. DH wont let me buy anything else and it's caused so many arguments. I think he thinks i'm being impatient and says I need to wait until after the shower but I'm going nuts - this momma needs to nest!

My DH is the same way! He really wants us to hold off on buying anything that someone else might buy or let us borrow. I've been okay with the not buying anything for the most part -- I know we'll get a ton of clothes and toys, and can probably wait a little closer to 30 weeks or so to get anything we don't get as a gift. But we're planning to use cloth diapers and I am dying to get my hands on some! I've added some newborn diapers to our registry -- not because I think people will give us all of them, but just to give people the hint that we're using cloth and not disposables. Adding them to the registry just about overwhelmed me with the cuteness -- if there is one thing I'm struggling not to buy, that's it.

Wow I feel like I have been over spending or just super organised. I literally have only got a crib matress and a cot matress to buy. Im still unsure if were getting a cot from the in laws or not but that wont be til baby is at least 4 months old as we have a moses basket and the crib for the first few months.

Im decorating the nursery this weekend and OH just said he isnt around on the saturday which is annoying as we have a single bed in there. Ill need to get him to load up the car on Friday ready for the skip.

I sat down and wrote my formal notice for maternity leave last night. Work STILL havent told me if i will get more that SMP which is rather annoying. My last day will be the 9th Nov but Im going to use annual leave in October aswell so I have4 weeks of only working 4 days. :happydance:

Sounds like you have a lot done! Is this baby your first? If so, you are definitely on the ball! If DH wasn't so adamant about saving as much money as possible (or rather, letting other people buy things so we don't have to) I think we'd have a lot more baby things. I think I'm giving myself until after my first shower -- I have one tentatively scheduled for the first weekend in October -- and then I'm going to let myself loose and start buying things that I think we probably won't get as a gift or to borrow.

Your post reminds me to ask: For those who are working, when do you plan to stop working prior to maternity leave? A few weeks before baby's due date? Right up until the baby decides to come?

I don't get a fully paid maternity leave so I'm working until I go into labor which should be fun lol.

Happy Friday everyone!

Hello ladies!

How are we all? Double digits for me today!! 99 and counting!!!

Congrats on double digits toothfairy! Mine will be on Wed I think! So exciting!

I'm going to be 27weeks this week I really don't feel ready to move over to third tri though. I've popped over to have a look and it mostly seems to be lady's ready to pop.

^^^ Exactly the same! I am no where near ready for 3rd tri yet, just moving over makes me all scared :argh: I can't wait for baby to be here obviously, but I'm really enjoying pregnancy and I'm trying to make it last!

The 3rd tri doesn't seem relevant to us yet does it? I'm there next week and the posts are all about labour as you said. Nicki will have to transfer us over!

I agree. I look into the third tri on occasion but I don't feel ready for it yet. I'm sure we will soon enough though!

Hopefully this thread will continue over there so I know some people at the same stage as me.

Good morning ladies :flower:

Double digits for me! Whoot! Whoot! :happydance:

Congrats on double digits toothfairy! :dance:

I'll be 26 weeks tomorrow. I can't believe some of you will be third trimester this week.

I can't imagine moving over to third trimester either. Everyone's post is "this is it!" I don't want to see that every day, not that I'm not excited for others, but it's hard to relate when we're still so early. I'm moving over when you ladies do. So until someone makes a thread for us over there, I'm staying put :sulk:

Ha ha I agree Blu! Happy 99 days! Isn't it mad to think that before we know it one by one we'll all be posting our own this is it! Wonder who will be first...... And last!!

The though of us all looking for labour signs reminds me of trying to conceive and looking for pregnancy symptoms!! Does anyone else kinda miss those days of peeing on a stick from 3dpo?!!!!!

Oh and I think there was a question about when we were going out on Maternity leave posted. Since I'm Due Dec. 4, I plan to go out Nov. 30 but we'll see how things go. I'm going to meet with our Benefits Coordinator to go through the paperwork and get things sorted out. Will stay out for 8/9 weeks.

And Toothfairy - I was a POAS addict! lol.

Toothfairy I had a bit of a rocky road TTC and I don't miss getting bfns! But I do look back on the pics I have of my bfp and think of that day and smile. I was so over joyed and I just could hardly believe it. I must have poas 20 times that week just to see the positive! And I remember I found out two hours before DH got home and when he walked in I couldn't even keep a straight face and I just giggled and couldn't even get the words out. He was nervous I could tell but I was in such shock I didn't care. Now I think about how happy he is and how proud and excited he is about the baby and I'm sure I smile just as big as when I saw that first bfp. I can only imagine how we will feel when we hold our baby for the first time!:cloud9:

I think I remember you from ttc I'm so tired. Think i spent hours every month squinting at tests trying to see lines and waiting for opks to smile at me! It was the worst thing ever especially after a couple of miscarriages BUT I still miss feeding my addiction!!!

hiiiiiiii ladies! I had a drs appt today...everything good so far! I'm doing well, except that I had a severe leg cramp early this morning that lasted almost 10 mins and I'm still sore from it :(

Has anyone had braxton hicks contractions? I talked to my dr about some random cramping I had and she said it was braxton hicks. I didn't think that happened until the 3rd trimester.

I dont know when there supposed to start but I've recently started getting them. They make my bump go really hard, and it feels quite uncomfy.

Sigh I've had them as well. No too much cramping but a lot of tightness and pressure. It lasts a miute or two and then goes away. I was told it was braxton hicks. I think it's common from about 20 weeks on and they just get more and more common as the pregnancy develops. I do get a bit scared of them sometimes because the pressure is pretty uncomfortable and it feels like I'm going to pop or something, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->