Calling all Watermelon's

phew ok I'm not the only one :) I've been hearing too many scary stories and it made me a little paranoid.

I've had a burst of energy since yesterday and have checked off a lot of things on the to do list. We're installing a ceiling fan in the nursery today :)

How are you ladies doing? How is the nursery planning going?

Sigh was it you that picked out the same bedding set as I did? The happi one with the owls? I just registered at babie r us and that was the most expensive thing on my registry! Hoping someone feels generous enough to shell out for it. I figure it's worth a shot and if people don't want to spend too much then that's fine. Thats why my shower if 8 weeks before my due date- so I can go and buy whatever I don't get. There is so much that we need! It made me a bit nervous registering because there is just so much! I have a list of things DH and I will need to buy for baby ourselves and a list of things we will need in case we don't get certain things from the shower. I better start saving pennies! I'm most concerned about bottles as I'm not sure I will be able to nurse and I don't know what kind of bottles she will like. Still so much to think about and do!

Sigh to answer your question I would LOVE to start working on the nursery. However I'm going to have to wait until after the shower to properly nest because I can't afford to get all that stuff on my own. So stressful!

Baby is a bit more quiet today. I'm hoping she's down low or just very tired. It always makes me nervous when I don't feel her for a little while!

Yess I registered for the same bedding! I'm thinking I might just buy crib sheets from walmart or something, make a bed skirt,and buy the quilt i love from pottery barn since I have a $50 gc that I've been holding onto for years. I'm lucky that I'm getting a lot of hand me downs from family members so there's less stuff for us to buy. I might buy our carseat soon - Babies r Us is having a trade in event until Sept 16th that gives you 25% off if you trade in old baby gear. You can easily find stuff in the free section on craigslist to trade in. In your BRU registry packet, there should be a coupon for a free Similac bottle. I figure I'll try that first since it has good reviews and if it doesn't work I'll try something else. My sister bought the whole dr browns set and neither of her kids would use it and she couldn't return it so I don't want to make the same mistake!!

We're working on the closet and fan this week. I found this fan on craigslist for $20. I had DH paint the blades white and plan to dress up the chandelier portion a little bit :) https://images.lowes.com/product/converted/049694/049694237811xl.jpg

Sigh what a cute fan.

I'm 26 weeks today, Whoot! Whoot!

I think I'm going to have a feisty one on my hands. He kicks deliberately at times, like if I poke my belly, or if it's too loud in the room, or too hot. Last night the kicks were so hard my whole belly was shaking - not just the spot where he kicked. And he's pushing in places now. Not just one off kicks, slow deliberate pushing against my belly. I'm now feeling pushing at the same time on sides on my stomach - weird. I think he must be stretching. I'm really quite amazed! And my belly button, which has always been a deep inny, is now quite shallow and very stretched looking (gross). The holes where I once had my belly button pierced are horrible looking - oh the joys of pregnancy!

Sigh you are so crafty! I wish I had the talent and ambition to do everything myself!That's awesome!The fan is cute too.

Baby is a little quiet again today:wacko:. I have felt a few things but they are very gentle and muffled almost. Hoping she's just sleepy or hiding. Always makes me nervous but then she starts kicking again. My ticker says 100 days so tomorrow will be double digits! Then Thurs I'll be 26 weeks but that's also the day I'll be going to take my gt test. Fx'd I pass!!!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hey everyone.

Been a very busy bank holiday weekend for me. Lots of decorating- yes the nursery! Wallpapering will commence on saturday and then Ill upload some images. :happydance: teh yellow and green is brighter than expected but will still work.

Had my GTT today; if i dont hear from them by 5pm tomorrow than im fine. AGAIN they couldnt get blood from me....5 tries later SUCCESS! Also my sister went into the rehab place today. Seems cozy but she is physically not allowed to leave for at least 8 weeks or more depending on her treatment. I doubt she will be out by the time LO arrives :( Hopefully they will let her out just for a few hours when Im in hospital.

98 days today!

Only 6 weeks of full time work! woohoo!

p.s. when was the thread moved from 2nd Tri to Pregnancy Groups?? I didnt do that! I got so confused when I couldnt see it today.

Hey guys! Hope you are all doing well!

My midwife called today to let me know my glucose tolerance test came back within the normal range - yay!:happydance:

Thought I'd share my bump pic with you guys as I looked in the mirror today and was pretty sure I've had a growth spurt!!

xxx

Attachments

• IMG-20120828-00846.jpg
    IMG-20120828-00846.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 4
Great bump baby for me!

Nicki I noticed it had moved too! I thought it was just my computer!!!!!!!

Good, that means we don't have to create a new thread since this one isn't on a trimester form. Sometimes the admins move threads, but they usually post a message saying that they have moved a thread.

Wb Nicki! I hope all is well.

ImSoTired you have quite a number of milestones this week. GL on the GTT test!

Fab bump babyforme83!

I hadn't even noticed it had moved-I go to subscribed threads otherwise I never find where I've posted again.

I hadn't even noticed it had moved-I go to subscribed threads otherwise I never find where I've posted again.

Same here! But it looks like our problem with moving the thread to 3rd trimester was solved for us!

Congrats I'm so tired!!!

UK girls.... I just went to Boots to pick up my Bounty Pack and my 2 Emmas diary packs. What a disappointment! I was sooooooo excited and saved them til I was home and sat with a cup of tea to open. Just bloody leaflets and samples of washing liquid and some bizarre dried Blackberry flakes?????!:growlmad: Am gutted! Was expecting mini baby lotions and potions and nappy sample?!! Am sure this is what was in them when I had my 14 and 16 year olds!!!

I got my bounty pack last week and I was also disappointed-I got a sample of wash liquid and conditioner and a small pot of sudacreme. Last time round I had a small pampers kit with small pack of wipes and a few nb nappies.

Thanks :) Being crafty is saving me money and it's not hard at all! Trying to learn how to sew now. It's a little frustrating but worth it! Almost done my slipcover for the rocker!

So the baby was very quiet today... no good morning thumps. I was starting to get a little worried until I was eating lunch and POP -2 hard kicks right in the rib. It actually hurt a little!

Congrats I'm so tired!!!

UK girls.... I just went to Boots to pick up my Bounty Pack and my 2 Emmas diary packs. What a disappointment! I was sooooooo excited and saved them til I was home and sat with a cup of tea to open. Just bloody leaflets and samples of washing liquid and some bizarre dried Blackberry flakes?????!:growlmad: Am gutted! Was expecting mini baby lotions and potions and nappy sample?!! Am sure this is what was in them when I had my 14 and 16 year olds!!!

Yeah! A complete load of rubbish! My OH went through it and threw pretty much all of it away!!

Yay for double digits! Congrats Imsotired xxx

Hope you all are doing well:flower:

Is anyone else experiencing unexplained bouts of rage?? I've been feeling sooo angry inside since yesterday... can't actually pinpoint it to anything but just feel soo tense and just waiting for someone to say/do the wrong thing so that I can let rip...
I've tried a hot bath today and taking my mind off things by cooking... so far I'm reasonably mellow but the question is... for how long?....:nope:

Babyforme congrats also on 99 days to go. Thats just a bit over 3 months and we'll have our little babies!

As for the rage I haven't had anything too bad. I do get angry sort of easily but I just try and ignore it and it eventually passes. I have a harder time dealing with stress. I cry at the thought of anything stressful. I'm prone to anxiety and depression so that worries me a little but it eventually passes also. These hormones are absolutely crazy! I hope you feel better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->