Calling all Watermelon's

I am preparing myself for baby already! I went into walmart and bought travel size shampoo, toothpaste, contact solution, and soap. I also bought huge overnight pads for after I give birth, breast pads, nipple cream, and a nipple sheild. I also bought baby a hamper. I came home and I wrote a list of things I still need for my hospital bag. I haven't begun packing it, and probably won't for a few more weeks but I want to make sure I have everything I need. Walmart did not have ANY nightgowns that I would wear. Is it so much to ask that they carry a few plain nightshirts? I would like to find a cheap nightshirt or two that I could wear in the hospital but I can't seem to find any. Is anyone else starting to run around like a crazy woman buying things, making lists, and preparing?

I'm pretty stressed right now because I've no idea whether I passed that gtt and baby is still pretty lazy. I just wish she'd kick for 10 mins or so to put me at ease.

I'm feeling really energetic the past few hours but I know I will crash later as I was exhausted earlier.

Just feeling crazy:wacko: hope everyone is doing well.

ImSoTired- need to get lists sorted! My mum keeps bugging me about what I need, so really need some time to sit and think about it!

Thought Id share my first strange dream. I dreamt that I looked down at my stomach and I could see an outline of a foot, very, very clear. I looked away and then looked down again and my stomach was opening up like an envelope - not gross or bloody or anything and I could see the babies head. I very calmly said to my mum (who was the only one i my dream) "Shall I take the baby out do you think or shall I wait for a doctor?" she told me to take it out - which I did - painless - and that was it. Plus it was a healthy baby girl not boy! and I named her Lyla....this has never been on our girls list of names.

Totally bizarre, but I wish labour was going to be like that!!!!

We have decided to get our baby stuff down from the loft beginning of November as we don't have the space for it to be sat around longer than necessary. I will be 4 weeks off my due date then and if baby does decide to come early oh can pop up to pick up a few baby gros. We plan to co-sleep again anyway and we still have most other bits we need out for my toddler.
We have a mw appointment on the 11th so shall be talking to the mw then about having a home birth.

No more red blood, only brown, yaye! Thanks for the well wishes ladies. We are doing ok. I took the day off plus its a holiday weekend so I don't go back to work until Tuesday.

You've got a great start ImsoTired. I havent even started yet!

Great news Blu

I havent started packing for the hospital bag but I picked up a big nightshirt when I was last at primark. I stupidly bought a size 10 and i have a feeling i should have gone for the 12. :doh:

Ill pick up some shampoo etc on my next monthly shop.

I did think I might do OH a small hamper aswell; nappy with a peg to stick on his nose, tissues to wipe away the tears, oven mitts to have while changing said nappy, apron to protect clothes, rocket fuel coffee to stay awake during the sleepness nights, and match sticks to keep his eyes open incase the coffee fails. think he will see the funny side to it??

Oh I just wrote a poem to put in it- ps OH is terrified of the nappies!

A mummy's guide for dads guide; tackling the first nappy.....

A peg for your nose and tissues for the tears,
I hope this starts to set aside your fears,
But just incase I have included too,
an apron and oven mitts to protect from the poo.
Sleepness nights are just a par for the course
while our baby boy cries til his throat is horse.
Here is some coffee and matchsticks too
which should all show how much I know (and love) you

xx

Blu - Glad you're both ok!! :)

Imsotired - wow you're prepared! I haven't even started to think about what to pack. Someone told me to try drinking really cold water to get her to move and I tried it yesterday and got a few light pops! She's isn't kicking today but I'm getting this poking feeling that kind of hurts!

Blu - Glad you're both ok!! :)

Imsotired - wow you're prepared! I haven't even started to think about what to pack. Someone told me to try drinking really cold water to get her to move and I tried it yesterday and got a few light pops! She's isn't kicking today but I'm getting this poking feeling that kind of hurts!

I'm nowhere near prepared but I'm getting there! I feel like I'm scrambling and I just want everything to be done and perfect. I'm getting little bursts of energy where I just want to buy and do and get ready and then I'm back to sleepy. I still have a lot to do untilI consider myself prepared but I'm taking it a week at a time because I worry about money. Hopefully the approx 14 weeks I have will be more than enough time to get it all sorted.

Baby hs been kicking a bit today but she's not overly active. I'm thinking she must be tired lately. She's also been pretty gentle and I'm wondering if she's not turned in a way that she can't get a good kick in. I think she's ok. I just get nervous because I feel like she shoulkd be doing more. But in the same token, every baby is different and she may just be growing. And the water thing does work but I have to lie down afterward to feel her.

Almost forgot I am 27 weeks today so officially 3rd tri now! I'm hoping oh will come maternity clothes shopping with me on monday as I can only just do my normal jeans up now and there getting quite uncomfy.

haha.... I was out of my normal jeans weeks ago! maternity jeans are soooooooooo comfy! why cant all jeans be elasticated??? lol.

Congrats on 3rd tri cookie!

What a cute idea Nicki! How thoughtful.

I hope the next trimester flies by! Everyone else I know who's pregnant just had theirs over the last month and week. I'm the only one left and December seems so far away.

Nicki that is lovely, very cute and I'm sure he will see the funny side.

I am so unprepared! Only things I have bought are a few newborn cloth nappies :dohh: saw that asda have a baby event on so going to pop there and get a few packs of vests an sleep suits. We've stayed team yellow so just want to buy the bare minimum clothes wise until baby is born and I can go on a blue or pink shopping spree...online!
Will probably get my bits and bobs in the next couple of weeks, being organised is not my strongpoint!

Awww Nicki that's such a cute idea.

We still have a few things to buy but pretty much got everything we need from our baby shower and family members.

Anyone else's family making arrangements to come visit? My dh has to go pretty much right back to work so my mom is coming out to help me (she lives 1,000 miles away) for the first two weeks. After that I think I'll be on my own while dh is at work but he's trying to talk to his parents to see if they want to come out when my mom leaves to help me out. I don't know if I want them around so soon. One family visiting right after the next? My mom will be helpful but his parents are not so comforting like mine. How do I tell him, without sounding rude, that I while I'm scared to be alone, I'm also not sure I want his parents around so soon either? Or, should I suck it up and take the help even though his parents kind of drive me nuts sometimes? Will it screw with me and lo getting into a routine having so much company for the first three weeks or will it be a blessing?

No all my family live within 30-45 mins of us. I mentioned to mum about staying for a bit but to be honest OH has got 4 weeks off now so I should be fine. Just delaying the envitable.

I would quietly speak to him. See for me my OH would know not to even suggest it. While I love of MIL, she drives me batty so no chance! Its always very different for your own mums, exactly like wedding planning- they are just more involved. If you OH has a sister that is when she will get to be more involved.

PS Nursery has started to be decorated. I just need to touch up the edging and paintwork on the yellow walls. Then I will start moving things in and repost :) What do you think?

Attachments

• nursery.jpg
    nursery.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 5
My dog is clearly trying to blend into the background .... or imitate the lion! lol

Girls I just need a bit of a moan.

Feeling really fed up and uncomfortable at the moment. Have been a bit down and emotional for a few days but having an achy time at mo. Am waiting for physio referral for symphis pubis dysfunction. TMI but my lady bits feel really swollen and bruised. All in all feels like I've been kicked down there. I've got achy restless legs too. Just had a bath to try sooth it all away but looked down and my fat dimply legs huge itchy veiny boobs and huge awful nipples and burst into tears! Have had awful heartburn and rib ache today and have just been shattered. I've gotta go for my GTT in the morning too, have had the form 2 wks and have avoided it as I'm scared of feeling dizzy during it?!

Am sure you're all feeling similar and I know this will just get worse. 8 more weeks at work too. Any advice????

Awww I'm sorry toothfairy. I know how you feel. I've been sooooo hungry lately but I've already gained 25 lbs and not really looking forward to gaining more. All I want to do is EAT!!! I was thin to begin with but it doesn't even matter, getting bigger is harder no matter what your size was. I had a mental breakdown today and got into with dh. I'm so emotional and not having a job is really taking its toll on me with anxiety and stress about money plus not having anything to do all day. Chin up though! It will get better, but it may get worse before it gets better unfortunately. Just think, once our lo's are here we will be able to get back into shape, start getting back to a normal body and also have our sweet bundles of joy to get to know! Try to focus on the positive like feeling him kick around, thinking about what he'll look like, etc. I could use a dose of my own medicine over here too.:)

Hi ladies! Feeling a bit better physically today. Have just had my first lot of bloods taken and the glucose drink for the GTT. Just sitting about now for 2 hours until 2nd test!

I am 27 wks today!! 3rd tri!! :)

When do you need to worry about movement? I don't remember feeling any since Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->