Calling all Watermelon's

I have no idea when you need to worry about movement hun, but my mw always says if your worried give the hospital a call. You know your own baby and what is right/isnt right. If I hadnt felt anything in a few days I would know thats not normal as he is always very active; I feel him loads.

They will probably ask you to go in and check the hb. Do you have a doppler at home you could use? I have found my doppler to be so much better than the hospitals!

Hi ladies! Feeling a bit better physically today. Have just had my first lot of bloods taken and the glucose drink for the GTT. Just sitting about now for 2 hours until 2nd test!

I am 27 wks today!! 3rd tri!! :)

Glad your feeling better today hun, the drink isnt nearly as bad as I was expecting! I havent heard anything so presume i havent got GD :happydance:

Hope you brought a good book with you!

woohoo to 3rd Tri. Cant believe its real can you??

I've tried a few tricks and got some movement but I think baby is lying very low down which is why I think I havnt felt much.
If I havnt had proper movement when oh gets home I might just ring to be on the safe side.

GTT all done! She didn't know when I would get results but I see midwife next week so will ask her then.

I know what you mean about it being unbelievable we're in 3rd tri!!

For those who are in the UK, the asda baby event has a huggies starter pack for £3. It contains a pack of size 1 nappies, cotton wool pleats, baby wipes and money off your next huggies purchase.

Bargain. Im going to get a few more packs and stick them at my in laws now for when we go there at xmas... saves me having to pack that in the car along with the presents, animals, cot, oh and a baby!!! :D

Nicki.... if you join the Asda baby club online you get a voucher for this pack for free. I got mine on Sunday. Am going to use the £2 off voucher inside the pack to go get another pack for £1.....I might even keep doing this and get a few!

I am back from GTT, was nowhere near as bad as I expected. I thought I was going to be all weak and dizzy but the glucose drink is so strong it keeps you going nicely.

Cookie.....I hope you get movement!! Don't hesitate to call your midwife if you don't though!!!!!

Hey, yeah I already got that voucher and got a few more last time. Though I used the voucher at tesco's as asda had ran out of the starter kits.

I have a £2.83 voucher for asda at the moment sat on my desk from their price checker promo thing. So ill get another pack for 17p :D

Glad you are feeling better today Toothfairy. Congrats, we're officially in 3rd Trimester!!!
Gl on the GTT test results.

Cookie, everything I read said not to be to concerned until after 28-30 weeks. Before then, baby's movement is too sporadic to tell. After that time, baby should be settled into cycle. But I agree, if you're worried at all, please call the dr./midwife.

I have been most uncomfortable as well. Between sleeping and moving, I just can't get either of the two right. Sometimes my stomach is uncomfortable, like I'm full, but I still feel the need to find something to stuff my face with, it's so weird. DH said I need to get out of the bed with all of my tossing and turning, I told him he can go get comfortable on the extra bed in the nursery if he'd like. lol I've been feeling a bit weepy as well but haven't let myself go there. IDK, maybe I need a good cry. :shrug:

I do think that now that the crib is up, everything seems a bit more real. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm ready, like I'm going into labor any moment. DH's cousin tried to show me her labor video over the weekend - I refused to watch it. I mean, I've seen the edited version of labor on shows like A Baby Story on TLC but I think I can do without the au natural version on a handheld cam. DH thinks he's bringing one into the delivery room - I beg your pardon, sir? No way!

cookielucy lou I'm having the same hing going on. It weems like every few days she decides to go down really low and be quiet for a few days. It scares me terribly. If she doesn't pick it up soon I willbe going into the doctor just to check. I felt a few bumps last night but they were pretty gentle and very low. I'm just a nervous wreck.

I also have the worst case of gas ever. I don't know what it is. I just have lots of painful bubbles in my stomach and they aren't coming out easily. I had a very emotional night on sunday and I cried and cried and cried. Just about everything. Especially being afraid that baby wasn't doing much. So frustrating. :cry:

It is so worrying isn't it with the movements.
I know how you feel with being emotional, I was pretty tearful last week over little things.

I feel like Im getting short changed--- I want high emotional outbursts and to throw a temper tantrum once in a while... My OH has it easy lol.

Sleep has been hard to come by for me aswell. I keep tossing and turning. Im trying to stay on my left hand side as I heard thats better but I always end up on my right. My OH isnt great at massges either-- or taking a hint that I would even want one :haha:

Has anyone got the increased libido yet? I have and my OH isnt coming near me with the few complications baby has.

Apparently work have posted out my maternity leave details- everything so far has been done via email so why couldnt they do that aswell??? So gotta wait for that to come through now. Really hope I get some sort of package- even if its small. Every little helps.

I know its early to think about xmas too- but what are you getting your men for xmas? Obviously money is tight this year. I want one "big" main present but cant think of anything.

I've done quite a bit of mine already. Oh's main pressie come today-a limited edition warhammer box set. That was £65 so he won't be getting much else. Brought most of his stocking fillers at the same time too so he should be very happy!
Is your OH into anything?

Nicki - the wallpaper is sooo cute!

I've been having sporadic movements as well. I'm wondering if it's partially because I'm getting used to the lighter thumps so I don't feel them as much?
I've been falling asleep easily but I'm soo achey throughout the night and in the morning. The worst is when I get up to pee and have to limp to go to the bathroom while holding my stomach. I"ve gained around 18 lbs and feel HUGE. The nurse at my last appt made the comment "Someone has been eating, huh"... pissed me off!! I look like I'm 8 months preg and my balance is all floopy. I'm somewhat out of the funk I was in last week and last month, but I still feel like I'm a burden on everyone around me. No libido for me... we haven't BD-ed in months. Hope that kicks in soon!

For those of you in the US, Target is clearancing out the fisher price swing and bouncer set that I registered for. I was able to find one and got a great deal! Here are the links to the items and to check inventory:

Link to view 3 items: https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm...llpartial|all+categories&lnk=sr_ta_snugabunny
Snugabunny Swing -Reg. $164.99- on clearance instore for $49.48 - check inventory link:https://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats.jsp?tcin=&dpci=030-09-2014
Snugabunny Bouncer -Reg. $64.99 - on clearance instore for $19.49- check inventory link:https://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats.jsp?tcin=&dpci=030-09-2008
Snugabunny Rock and Play -Reg $74.99- on clearance instore for $22.49 - check inventory link: https://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats.jsp?tcin=&dpci=030-09-2310

He is into his xbox games and i have preordered Assassins Creed 3 but normally I would class that as a stocking filler kinda present. Last year he got a holiday, year before was the Kinetc and before that was a driving experience.

:S Im stuck. No cool gadgets coming out, and no way am i taking him away again lol. I think its my turn now!

I have got him a cool card though- a whole £1.70 :doh: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ME-YOU-T...e_Garden_GreetingCards_ET&hash=item3a7803753c

What the hell is wrong with people!? I sent out my shower invites LAST WEEK. I worked HARD on them. I wrote and printed out an cut all of the inserts out individually. I worte them all out until my hands hurt. I put a ton of thought into them and it took me days to get them prepared. I also typed and printed out the games and printed enough for each guest before they even RSVP'd. It's been stressful. There are people invited that I don't even know just to make MIL happy. My mother was surprisingly supportive and hasn't begun to stress me out yet. MIL on the other hand comes over today- unannounced as usual- and says she thought of 2 more people for me to make invitation for! What the f*ck! 1- I don't know these people 2- she knows I worked hard on the invites and already sent them out 3- She knows I'm already worried about the # of people I invited (53) 4- I didn't save the games or the invitation inserts to my computer because I was ensured that thet was all the people I needed to invite:growlmad: I'm so angry and upset:cry:

On top of that baby is still being way less active and I am scared to death:cry:. Poor DH is going to have to listen to me have a major meltdown again when he gets home. Maybe I'll have him take me to the hospital because I am freaking out! I don't need the stress and if I have pre-e I will be blaming it on everyone else! I try to stay calm but it's literally impossible with these people around me....:cry::cry::cry:

What the hell is wrong with people!? I sent out my shower invites LAST WEEK. I worked HARD on them. I wrote and printed out an cut all of the inserts out individually. I worte them all out until my hands hurt. I put a ton of thought into them and it took me days to get them prepared. I also typed and printed out the games and printed enough for each guest before they even RSVP'd. It's been stressful. There are people invited that I don't even know just to make MIL happy. My mother was surprisingly supportive and hasn't begun to stress me out yet. MIL on the other hand comes over today- unannounced as usual- and says she thought of 2 more people for me to make invitation for! What the f*ck! 1- I don't know these people 2- she knows I worked hard on the invites and already sent them out 3- She knows I'm already worried about the # of people I invited (53) 4- I didn't save the games or the invitation inserts to my computer because I was ensured that thet was all the people I needed to invite:growlmad: I'm so angry and upset:cry:

On top of that baby is still being way less active and I am scared to death:cry:. Poor DH is going to have to listen to me have a major meltdown again when he gets home. Maybe I'll have him take me to the hospital because I am freaking out! I don't need the stress and if I have pre-e I will be blaming it on everyone else! I try to stay calm but it's literally impossible with these people around me....:cry::cry::cry:

Oh ImSo...:hugs::hugs::hugs: I am sorry you are having a hard time. I think if you are so stressed about babys movements you should go to get checked, it will be worth it to put your mind at rest? I am glad we don't have baby showers in the UK! They sound really stressful! Have a soak in the bath and a rest x x x x

:( I'm sorry you're going through that. I ended up doing 2 showers because my mom wants to invite a bunch of people I don't know so the one this weekend is small with just our friends. I'm lucky that my best friend and sister are planning it but this past weekend my sister kept complaining aobut how stressed she is and how i take her for granted and am inconsiderate... I ended up spending a whole day crying because i felt like the baby shower is now another burden... (She WANTED to plan it and wouldn't let me help so I've had no involvement with the planning so I don't know what I did to her). I thought I was supposed to be the hormonal mess but I feel like certain individuals around me are more moody than I am.

I think you should call your doctor and let them know of your concern. Being stressed about it isn't helping you or your lil babe. I brought it up at my last appt and she made me feel so much better. She told me that it's going to happen, esp since I have an anterior placenta and that baby movements aren't regular until around 30 weeks. Take a deep breath - I'm sure everything is fine!

Ooh I'm just so angry. And upset and scared. My stress level is through the roof. Being at home by myself doesn't help because all I do is sit here and think and it makes me more upset and angry. I think baby may have given me a few kicks while I was lying on the couch crying my eyes out a few minutes ago but they were still fairly muffled. Maybe she has turned and that is why I have been feeling less? I go to the OB on Thurs so I just hope my bp is in check and baby is fine. I am so angry right now and finding it difficult to calm down. I will tell you one thing- I am not going to be a pushover when it comes to this baby. I do what is best for her and she is most important and no one will be imposing things on me anymore and trying to get their own way. I'm sick of it as I bend over backwards to make everyone happy and it's not going to happen when I'm a mother. It's her, DH, and myself I will be making happy and no one else. It's absolutely ridiculous the garbage I have to put up with between my family and his. Everyone wants their own way and they expect me to give it to them. Forget it, I'm done.:growlmad:Why do they think they're entitled anyway? Sorry I just can't stop thinking about it and I'm so frustrated.

Awww :hugs: Imsotired :hugs:

You do realize that you don't have to wait until baby gets here to put your foot down. Don't let everyone stress you out, it's your baby and your shower and if they don't like it, oh well. For some reason your MIL thinks its her shower. WRONG!

I'm also the same way with bending over backwards for people but people I have stood my ground since finding out I am expecting. I just don't have the energy or patience to deal with everyone and their nonsense. It just makes me realize how much stuff I put up with when I don't have to. Why do we worry about others' feelings at the expense of our own?

I think you should go ahead and give the dr. a ring because this is really worrying you. I'm sure they'd rather have you calm for baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->