Calling all Watermelon's

You ladies in the UK are so lucky! Here in the USA we get nothing for maternity leave unless you happen to have a job that for some reason decides to pay you while you are away as an added benefit but that's rare. We are not entitled to any sort of paid maternity leave but I'm self employed anyway so it wouldn't help me. Hope you get that sorted out.

Almost in third tri! Can't wait! I'm starting to get bad pain in my chest bone/sternum. Not heartburn but pain in the actual bone. I heard it's common like rib pain but I don't exactly understand why. Baby is nowhere near my sternum. Everyday I wake up a little less comfortable. Can't wait for bubs to be here! :)

OOh my hormones. I am so angry that it's making me cry and want to throw things! Over stupid stuff! I called in my prenatal prescription today and I never got the call that it had been filled. So I called the pharmacy and they told me that they don't have it... They tell me they don't have it everytime I ask for it and then the magically find a box somewhere. Not this time because I asked them to check and check again. It's such a hassle getting the prescription off of them and going to another pharmacy because then if I wanted to come back I'd have to get my prescription back and take it back there. I chose that pharmacy because it is closest and near other errands I would run normally. I thought calling ahead would give them time to find it. I'm just so angry and poor DH is having to deal with it. I just don't understand why, since March or April, I've been going there and they can never find this stupid box of vitamins. They always tell me that they don't carry it or it doesn't exist and then low and behold they have it! Now they may actually be out of it but honestly I've been coming there every month now since at least April and they couldn't have it in for me?! Then 10 minutes later I get a call from the pharmacy telling me again that they didn't have it....uuhhh yeah I just talked to someone about 10 mins ago about it!!!! I was so upset that I hung up on the pharmacist. I don't get what the problem is here!? So now I have to wait until Monday to get my vitamins and I'll be a day short. So now I feel like baby suffers because of it which makes me even more sad and angry! I guess it's just the hormones but I just really needed to get it all off of my chest. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but with all of my recent stress with the shower, MIL, and baby's few lazy days it just makes me that much more upset! Don't piss off a pregnant lady I guess...So sorry for the rant girls!:growlmad::cry::growlmad::cry:

Big hugs to you I'm so!

1 hour until my 4d scan! Will post pics later!

oo enjoy your scan toothfairy! looking forward to seeing pics :)

:hugs: Imsotired. I hope today is a better day for you.

Gl on a great scan toothfairy!

Hi girls!
Back from scan. What an ordeal!! Baby being awkward and facing inwards. She tried to get him with no joy so sent us away for a walk and a drink. Then we went back... Still no joy so sent us away to get lunch! 3rd scan 4 hours later and even though he had moved loads from left to right and upside down he still was facing inwards!!!!! Little monkey!!!
All looks good and he is weighing 2lb 8oz already!!!! Looks like he will be big???
I will post a photo when I get home. It's not the best. She has offered a free scan next week but I don't think I'm that bothered about going back. It's quite a drive and I think the 4d aspect is a bit gimmicky anyway. So long as he is ok that's all good!

So sorry he didn't want to play nice Toothfairy. Good to hear that he is doing fine though. And i think 2lbs is the average for our gestation so your little one seems to be a little bit a head - but that's a good thing right? I have been wondering how big my lo is. I was looking at a friend's page on fb who had her baby at 27 weeks back in May. He did great and is normal size now but it just made me realize that even at that early age, it's a whole little person! I can't wait to meet my little man. I'm so in love with him already.

Tooth, glad you had a happy scan even if baby wasn't quite cooperating! I know what you mean blu. I love my baby so much already, I can't even imagine how much more I will fall in love with him once I meet him! Sometimes he feels like this far away dream that isn't quite real and it feels as though I have an alien moving inside me and other times I feel super connected to him but I always know that I love him already!

One more thing, just wanted to say I'm so glad we have this group. I don't fit in with any of the threads in second or third tri. It's all either gender scans or this is it announcements. We're in limbo together! :)

Toothfairy he is a big boy! Congrats! Look at those chubby little cheeks already! Awww!

I have a growth scan at 32 weeks and depending on what tech we get they may or may not switch it to 4d for me for a few minutes. The tech we had last time did but that was nearly 4 weeks ago already! Baby was smaller then surely and in the 4d pics she looks like a skinny little thing wiggling her fingers in front of her face. My 4d pic is my profile pic.

I agree with all of you ladies. I love my baby so much already it's unreal. I can only imagine how it will be when she is here. I've never been one to spoil a child or a pet or anything but I have a feeling that when she comes she will have everything she wants because I just love her so much already! I can't believe I'm so close to meeting her and I'm so excited! She has been really active for 4 days so far and I hope it continues (knock on wood!) because the doctor wants me to do the kick counting starting next week! Hopefully she'll remain active like she has been. This morning I felt both her hands and feet going at the same time across my belly. Her head and hands down on my lower left and her feet up past my belly button on my right. I think that's the first time I felt her do both at once! She also kicked DH in the arm fairly hard on Wed or Thurs and he was very surprised at how hard it was and how weird it felt but he was proud at the same time. We just can't wait to be her parents and we are so happy she is coming!:cloud9:

hey Tfairy- what a lovely picture.

Ive had a busy weekend finishing off the nursery and attempting to find (and agree) on laminate flooring for the living room. :S

What do you think? We dont have all the furniture for the nursery yet so still need to play around with the layout once we have everything. So exciting!

I get to see LO again on Wednesday when I go for my next detailed scan- hope everything is ok still! I also have my anti J jab which I am NOT looking forward too! :nope:

Attachments

• nursery2.jpg
    nursery2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 5
What a cute design Nicki! GL on your scan this week. Try not to worry. Little one will be fine :)

Nicki baby's room is coming along and it's very cute. Good luck on your scan. I'm sure everythng will be ok. My scan isn't until 32 weeks and I'm already nervous about it!

Yesterday I was exhausted even after having a decent night sleep and only waking up at 6:15 to pee. Today I am less tired so far. Even though I woke up at 4 and at 7 and had restless sleep in between. I have been having that awful hip pain when I awake in the AM and I toss and turn before I get out of bed because I can't sleep. I also wake up to my left ear hurting all of the time when I sleep on it. The first few times I thought I was getting an ear infection but I have realized it's just from lying on it and it goes away once I turn off of it for a while. I'm still not used to sleeping on my left and my right hip still falls asleep when I do, it must be baby on a nerve or something that makes it fall asleep. Anyhow baby was very active Wed- Sat night. She was quiet on Sat night and then she picked back up Sun morning but then she's been quiet since yesterday evening. She must be tired. It makes me really nervous though. Especially because the doctor wants me to count kicks starting Thurs. So worried that I'll be running to the ER. I just hope she wakes up soon and starts kicking like she had been. Being pregnant is sooo stressful!

I hope everyone is doing well!

28week appointment tomorrow, will be asking about a home birth so a bit nervous about what they will say.
Your all very lucky getting another scan-we only get the 2.

28week appointment tomorrow, will be asking about a home birth so a bit nervous about what they will say.
Your all very lucky getting another scan-we only get the 2.

I only get an extra scan at 32 weeks because my blood screening showed that I may have complications. They will be checking to be sure that baby is still healthy and growing. It's pretty nervewracking when you know the scan is looking for problems and it's not just an opportunity to see the baby. I wish it were!

Nicki - Very cute!! LOVE the chair!! I can't wait to get started on ours! We're cleaning the carpets this week since our crib is in early so I'll post a pic when we start putting stuff in there! Gluck on your next appt!

Had my first shower this weekend and it was fun. Baby hasn't really been moving around much since Thursday which has me a little worried but I have a dr's appt today with my new doctor so hopefully it goes well.

Hope you're all doing well!

I have a flea ingestion :( with three animals it was bound to happen sometime but I've gone 9 yes with nothing. Gutted. Bought the medicine n it cost a fortune! I've also got to clean the carpets to remove all the eggs etc. Nightmare! So many stairs!

My lo was going crazy last night. Literally looked like he was having a rave lol. I'm interested to see how big he is etc on wed.

Can U believe in potentially 11 weeks time we could be mummies? Crazy!!

You mean potentially in 9wks nicki!! Term is from 37wks isn't it? Although I'm expecting mine to be very late!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->