Calling all Watermelon's

So sorry cookielucy. I think that doctors and nurses sometimes forget that we are people and extra hormonal so we won't take their rudeness so well. There was no reason for any of that. I hope you get better cooperation and your at home birth. :hugs:

I've finally found a nursing nightgown that I don't hate! I also bought black sweatpants and and sweatshirt to wear home from the hospital and some more sleep bras the next size up just in case! There are still a few things I need to get for myself (including a few everyday nursing bras and maybe a few nursing tanks or shirts) but I think I have it all for my hospital bag. It's just a matter of packing it! Also I don't have baby's bag ready for the hospital. I'll hopefully have everything for that after the shower. I can't wait to be prepared and have everything, including baby's room, ready. Sometimes I get really frustrated thinking about it! :wacko:

The mw does seem nice(from the 2times I've met her) but i dont think she is a fan of home birthing but yep I dont think there was any reason for the reaction I got.
I thought we would have a nice chat about what would be involved etc.
I used to work as a care assistant and we would have been shot for telling a patient we were too short staffed to do something!
Where did you find your nursing nightgown? The only ones I ever see are really short or are granny style.

I'm in the US and I just bought it at Walmart online. I had the same problem finding one as all of the nightgowns are for old ladies or have ridiculous patterns. It's a nursing gown that is purple with a paisly like pattern and it comes with a matching sleeper for baby. I'm not 100% thrilled about it as I'm not a nightgown kind of girl but if I need something to wear in the hospital after I give birth It'll do and I won't worry about getting blood or leaking any kind of fluids on it as it's only $13. I'll also take a pair of old pajama pants and a t shirt incase I feel well enough to wear it and I'm not bleeding too badly.

Oh cookie....I am sorry you have had a bad time. Stick to your guns though! I am sure you have a right to make your own choices and have the birth you want so long as no medical reason for anything different. I know it's the exact opposite of what you wnt but don't forget that we even have a right to an elective section 'just because thats what we want' these days! The patient is always right!!!!!!

How horrible cookie! You are so much better than me, I do not hold my tongue when it comes to my family and decisions that affect it. You baby, your body, your decision!

Sorry Cookie! Hopefully you can get everything sorted out just the way you want it.

AFM- The DH has began freak out some. We got home from work and put together the last piece of furniture, then we covered the carpet so that he could start working on prepping the walls for paint. I bought a couple small things for my hospital bag yesterday. I got off work early so i went to do a little shopping before picking up the DH. I got some cute onesies and a denim jumper along with some diapers and essentials. Hopefully more progress will be made in the next week or so.

cookie :hugs: I can't believe she spoke to you like that! Hope they start treating you better!

I just switched drs and had my first appointment yesterday and I'm SOOOO happy. The new office is just so much nicer and everyone is happy and positive. My old OB office was filled with tired bitter people and negative energy.

Our crib is coming today - weeks ahead of schedule! I'm so nervous about it... it's just weirding me out! I hope we made the right decision on the crib!

We're also buying our car seat this week since the Babies R Us trade in event ends on 9/16. I'm too indecisive and can't decide which!!!

Thanks ladies. I have to wait for her to ring now to say yay or nay-no idea what i will say if she says no.

Well Im back from my appt. Baby is looking good; still has the enlarged ventricles in the brain but they havent got any larger which is great and the brain is starting to form the weird spongey structure of a normal brain (its perfectly smooth in early pregnancy) which is really encouraging as he is growing as normal.

The anti didnt hurt at all and it wasnt in my bum! :happydance: blood were taken aswell.

They gave us 4 photos at the scan so ill upload them along with a bump image tonight. Another scan in 4 weeks time.

Chuffed :) also just noticed that my 4 days weeks start in 4 weeks time :happydance:

Yaye :dance: Great news Nicki! Glad lo is doing so well. Can't wait to see pics!

Awesome news Nicki!! Can't wait to see pics!

I realized last night that I totally forgot about my V day, totally forgot about passing 27 weeks... so a late celebration here. YAY! I have my GTT next week though - yuck!

My sister came up with this nursery club idea for our baby shower and a lot of people chipped in as their gift and we now have enough to cover most, if not all, of the nursery! I'm so relieved... now we can use the money I put aside on diapers and poo maintenance (LOL). Also - our crib came yesterday! We haven't assembled it yet but we took it out of the box and I spent a while just staring at it. Seems so weird!!

Did any of you pick your car seats yet? I'm curious to see what others are using since I haven't been able to make a decision.

Good news Nicki!! Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Sigh...I was dreading the GTT and it wasn't as bad as I expected at all.

My midwife phoned me this morning after my appointment and bloods yesterday. Thankfully my GTT was fine but I am anemic and so have just picked up a prescription for Iron tablets from the doctors. She said this might be partly why I am feeling so exhausted and dizzy. Hope it help!!! Whilst she was on I asked her about the Braxton Hicks I have had just lately as had loads yesterday and was worried!! she said they are totally normal and ok unless we get pain with them or they start to get regular. So I feel reassured!

Nicki that's great. Happy to hear baby is doing well!

Sigh I have not decided on a car seat yet but I was thinking I would get one of those car seat/ stroller combos from graco. A lot of women I know have used the same and never had any issues so I think it'll do. I'm not a fan of anything to crazy, expensive, or anything. If it's safe and it works, I'm happy.

I'm a bit nervous about baby again today. I know she's probably fine and just sleepy but I have to start counting kicks tomorrow and I'm worried about going to the ER everyday. It's still early and I'm sure she'll let me know she's ok soon it's just difficult not to get a little nervous sometimes. Just hope all is well.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Good news Nicki!! Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Sigh...I was dreading the GTT and it wasn't as bad as I expected at all.

My midwife phoned me this morning after my appointment and bloods yesterday. Thankfully my GTT was fine but I am anemic and so have just picked up a prescription for Iron tablets from the doctors. She said this might be partly why I am feeling so exhausted and dizzy. Hope it help!!! Whilst she was on I asked her about the Braxton Hicks I have had just lately as had loads yesterday and was worried!! she said they are totally normal and ok unless we get pain with them or they start to get regular. So I feel reassured!

Good to hear... pple keep telling me GTT horror stories!

I had anemia before becoming pregnant and wasn't a fan of the pills. I actually got my levels up by eating more spinach, cheddar cheese, and salmon/tuna. Now that I'm pregnant I haven't been eating tuna and my levels did go down but they're close to normal because of the salmon, spinach and cheddar. mmmm now i'm hungry again.

We have the graco mirage travel system so shall be using the car seat from that when baby arrivies.

We bought the quinny buzz 3 and the maxi cosi cabriofix fits onto there. It also means we are able to use the isofix base for our car so we did that :)

Images arent the best in the world but here you go as promised :) I have officially put on 7lbs aswell so not bad going, still under their recommendation but they are not worried at all so im happy. Hopefully it means ill get to being my pre pregnancy weight alot quicker :) xx

Attachments

• scan0070.jpg
    scan0070.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 4
  • scan0069.jpg
    scan0069.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 4
  • scan0068.jpg
    scan0068.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 4
  • week 28+2.jpg
    week 28+2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 2
Yay Nicki! Glad to hear the good news.
I got a graco stroller/carseat combo from my sister and I think it's going to work just awesome. I like the idea that I don't have to get the baby out to put him in the stroller, seems extremely convenient and that way I won't wake him up if he's sleeping! :)

My sister is giving me her graco frame stroller but her car seat is missing the belts so I need to get a new one. I keep reading reviews and its making my head spin!

Nicki - VERY cute scan pics!! I can't believe how big the baby is! It seems like just yesterday we were staring at tiny little beans, now it's a person...weird!

Nicki you have such a little bitty bump! I wish I had only gained 7lbs:blush:. Baby is so cute as well!

I'm having one of those days where I'm worrying about money and time. There are so many things we still need to buy and no money with which to buy it and only about 3 months! We are going to be poor this upcoming year for sure!I'm sure we'll get by somehow it's the stress that worries me. I'm so grateful to be having the shower because I'm sure I will get a lot of things that I need but not everything as I can't be selfish and ask for a lot of crazy things. And with Christmas coming and all I'm just absolutely a wreck about all of it! Fx'd it'll all work itself out. I have a list of things to do/buy and I will be sticking to it very closely to be sure everything is done. I just wish it were all done NOW! I feel like I waited too long to get everything done:shrug:

I created a list months ago hun and started buying when I saw it on offer. I had a rough estimate in my head of how much things cost/how much i was prepared to pay and then in another column i kept trackof how much i have actually spent. so far im £350 under budget and i have bought everything new by shopping around/price matching and using vouchers where i can. Maybe it would be worth doing that aswell?

If your friends are doing a nursery shower it would make sense to let them know what you already have so you dont get duplicates etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->