Calling all Watermelon's

God yeah... Keep forgetting they give the due date as 40 weeks! :doh:

Ha ha!! Brilliant nicki!!!! Less time than you think?!!! Love it!

Wow so soon already! 9 weeks! I didn't think of it that way either Nicki so you aren't alone, lol!

Sorry to hear about the fleas Nicki! When we moved into our house 2 years ago the family who owned it before us had recently taken in a stray cat and they had a dog so there were fleas everywhere! We bombed the place like 3 times and nothing worked. We finally used this powder that was totally disgusting and they were gone but it took us a while and tons of fleabites! Luckily we left our dog at my parents house because we didn't have the yard set up for her yet or we'd have been de-fleaing her too! It's such a pain! I feel for you! Good luck getting rid of them!

I've felt baby enough today if I were counting but she's still fairly quiet. I'm hoping to pick up my vitamins today from the pharmacy and hoping they don't give me any more stress about it. They still haven't called to say my prescription is ready so I'm assuming it'll be another fight....:nope: Makes me want to cry already!

Had a terrible nights sleep last night- dreamt that i went into labour and hubby couldnt be there for it! It wonder if it has something to do with the fact he is in London today on a very rare work trip. Normally Im the one to be going here, there and everywhere!

Only 3 more weeks of full time work before I go to only working Mon-Thurs :) Getting so real now.

We picked out cot last night; just waiting for Tesco to have another voucher exchange so we only have to pay £50 rather than £159 for it! Bargain! Failing that I may hint to my mum for my baby shower people could give us vouchers (as we do literally have EVERYTHING).

Well my maternity is definitely gov stat. However the account was extra nice for me and worked out what Ill be receiving after tax right up until March so I know where I stand. I have a student loan to pay back aswell as my figures were all weird. Its helped so much as not im only a couple of hundred of our target rather than 1.5K! brilliant :happydance: Love it when a plan comes together.

PS My pregnancy journal says we should be counting from next week the movement we feel.

Hello all!

Just back from 28wk midwife appt. More bloods today. I told her how exhausted I am feeling and she told me to make sure I am taking pregnancy multi vitamins and to start slowing down more. I am 40 at the end of the month and she said 'you wouldn't expect to run a marathon as easily as a woman 1/2 your age would you? It's the same!!' NICE!!:cry:

She has referred me for an extra scan at 34 wks to make sure all is well because of my age too. She also gave me a leaflet about fetal movement. She said in UK they don't really want you sat counting movements, more to get an idea of what is right for your baby and normal. If you feel movements are not the same you have to phone in.

Hope you are all well!

I have my 28week appointment today-forgot they would be doing more bloods :(

damn, mine is tomorrow.... along with the anti D.... Dammit!

Apologies as I think that this has already been discussed here but quick question... am I third tri on here now? I always thought it was from the start of week 28 and Im just after week 27...confused! I know different people think different things on working it out but in terms of here, it seems its from week 27?

Thats right Kelly! Happy 3rd tri!!!! Back in the 'olden days' when I had my other kids (14&16) 3rd tri started at 28 weeks and 2nd tri at 12 weeks. So it was a surprise for me too! 3rd tri forum is a little scary and seems irrelevant at the moment though to be honest!

I'm wondering the same thing, which one of our little snowflakes will make his/her appearance first? so exciting to think that it's not too long from now.

It's kind of chilly here the last 2 days and I love it! Fall is my favorite season afterall! I have been exhausted the last few days. Some nights I sleep well and others not so much. Last night I tossed and turned a lot and I had a bad dream. I eventually fell back asleep but woke up to that awful hip pain anyway. I think baby is growing because she and I both seem pretty tired and I am having a lot of ligament and muscle stretching pain. Baby was more active when I awoke at 4am but since has only kicked a handful of times. Probably still enough for me not to worry if I were counting which I start on Thurs. Yikes! I just cannot wait to get closer to meeting baby and I hope the time really flies and I can get everything done. It's so exciting and nervewracking at the same time!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Oh I forgot to mention I had the weirdest dream ever! Baby was kicking and stretching my stomach out in the craziest ways - like freakishly large and oblong and to the point I thought it would pop! I woke up this morning and realized that baby was kicking me really strong last night and this morning and that's what my body was trying to tell me in my dream. Strong little ninja in there.

I think I scared my OH into action. I mentioned potentially we could have a baby here in 9 weeks and now he wants us to start packing a hospital bag. I think its a bit early but he wants to have it ready. Nervous much??

I have alot of things already just not packed away. What are people doing about nursing bras? I am normally a 30F and I havent got a clue if I should buy a bigger size or not. :S

I think I scared my OH into action. I mentioned potentially we could have a baby here in 9 weeks and now he wants us to start packing a hospital bag. I think its a bit early but he wants to have it ready. Nervous much??

I have alot of things already just not packed away. What are people doing about nursing bras? I am normally a 30F and I havent got a clue if I should buy a bigger size or not. :S

Lol. I wish my OH would get nervous now just to get a little of it out. He is perfectly calm and collected but I have a feeling when I am in labor he will be the opposite. As for the preparation and bag packing I am going crazy wanting everything done, but he just lets me take control of it. He knows I have much better planning skills than he does anyway ( I saved and arranged to buy the house, planned and saved to get married, I pay the bills, and I planned the baby and everything that goes with it. He just lets me take care of it).

As for the bras I have 2,from motherhood, that I find completely uncomfortable. I don't think they'll be fitting me when my breasts are huge with milk (tmi maybe) So I'll be shopping for a few less restricting ones. I did get a medela sleep bra which is super comfy but again I'm wondering if I should have gotten a larger size because I'll not 100% it'll be big enough when baby comes. Nicki I'm not sure about your size and finding a good nursing bra. Perhaps go into a maternity store and ask or shop online? You seem to be very thin but very well endowed, no offense (you're quite lucky actually as I wear a 36 or 38 D or DD depending on where I go:blush:), and I'm not sure where you'd find a good one in your size, also I'm on a different continent, so I'm not sure I'm the best to advise you. I am shopping for more bras though, at least 3 as I know I'll need them! They can be so expensive though:dohh:

I had a rubbish appointment today :( Firstly i forgot my notes which wasnt a good start, then she said about my gtt test i should have had. Apparently she told me at my booking in i needed one(my dad is diabetic) but it wasnt even her that done my booking and i know it wasnt mentioned. So she had to ring and get me booked asap.
Then I asked about a home birth and she basically said they didnt have the staff. She asked why i wanted one and i said the support in the hospital after the birth was rubbish to which she replied well i cant have a mw sitting with me at home all night! I wasnt expecting anyone to sit with me but at least i would be in familiar surroundings and most importantly i would have my OH's support!! I got really upset at that point and ended up crying in the room. I also explained I have no one other than OH to look after our toddler and she basically said i have to find someone and started on about what am i doing for a support system. I wasnt aware having a support system was such a huge deal-I have OH and it is OUR baby so surely its up to us to care for it anyway?
She was a bit better when she realised how upset it made me and said maybe i need to complain to the hospital to resolve the issue. I dont want to put a complaint in I just dont want to end up stuck in the hospital again. Anyway she said she will ring but a home birth should be fine-after i said that my DS was born within an hour anyway she said it was probably the best option for us.
I understand about them being short staffed but what happened to its your birth have it how you want it?

God I would have slapped her it she spoke to me like that. There is never a reason for rudeness! Hope U get it sorted hun. You have to do what's right for you and ur family. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->