Calling all Watermelon's

I created a list months ago hun and started buying when I saw it on offer. I had a rough estimate in my head of how much things cost/how much i was prepared to pay and then in another column i kept trackof how much i have actually spent. so far im £350 under budget and i have bought everything new by shopping around/price matching and using vouchers where i can. Maybe it would be worth doing that aswell?

If your friends are doing a nursery shower it would make sense to let them know what you already have so you dont get duplicates etc.

Thanks Nicki.I have a registry so people know what I do and don't have and they also usually give gift reciepts if I need to return it. I made a list early on and I registered for most of it so fx'd my friends and family are generous and get me most of what I need along with some toys and clothing for baby. It's the things I couldn't register for that worry me like things for myself like nursing bras, maternity pants that I may need a few more of, a toy box, a bookshelf, a rocking chair....things I thought were inappropriate to ask for in a registry. Also all of our regular bills and Christmas shopping! Like I said, I'm sure we'll get by but time seems to be running out and it's really pretty stressful. I'm guessing by vouchers you mean gift cards, coupons, or reward programs (I'm in the US)? I haven't any gift cards currently and I have some coupons but not many, also I have the babies r us rewards program but you have to spend the money to get money off. Everything is so expensive! I'll probably relax once the shower is over and I see all I have gotten. Just nervous for now.

imsotired - I've saved a lot of money by learning how to diy things from random blogs out there and using deal forums like slickdeals.net (that's how I find out about clearance deals like the bouncer/swing!) I don't have nursing bras yet but was able to find some nice maternity clothes on clearance at target, saving me a bunch! I hear you though - I've been stressing about costs, including being able to save for college etc. I know it's far in the future but I'd like some sort of plan put in place soon!

imsotired - I've saved a lot of money by learning how to diy things from random blogs out there and using deal forums like slickdeals.net (that's how I find out about clearance deals like the bouncer/swing!) I don't have nursing bras yet but was able to find some nice maternity clothes on clearance at target, saving me a bunch! I hear you though - I've been stressing about costs, including being able to save for college etc. I know it's far in the future but I'd like some sort of plan put in place soon!

Thanks. I'm trying to look for deals but even they add up in the end. As for college I'm sure that you'll have enough saved by the time baby is ready to go. I know I'll be getting a job once baby goes to school and at first I'll put a couple paychecks in our savings but then I'll be working just for an account for the kids until there is a sufficient amount. It'll take a few years but they'll have a good chunk to start with. The future isn't as scary to me as right now and the things I need within the next 3 months!

Ladies...... have you seen these???:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hilarious!!!!!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...oon-mothers-weird-poses-wearing-costumes.html

So i had a little freak out today- i realized that in less than a week i will be in the third trimester....Im OCD, extremely organized and have a list for everything- except anything to do with this baby...I havent made a list of stuff i need for the hospital bag, diaper bag, the only thing we have done for the room is to put together the crib- no painting/decorating even attempted yet. Maternity leave not discussed with my bosses, nothing set up for that timing. Baby showers are in the works, but i havent finished the guest lists for either, etc... OMG- freakout time....

I can see that the next week or two is going to be hectic as i try to make myself feel a little better. I realized that i dont even have a clue as to what to put in the hospital bag.

Anybody else feel this way???

I'm feeling a little similarly! It's so weird! When I was waiting to try, I had lists and spreadsheets and sticky notes all over the place about things to do when TTC; when we were TTC, I had notes and spreadsheets about what I would do after we got pregnant. When I started our baby registry a few weeks, all I had to do was find the baby-related notes I'd made from like three years ago. But other than that, I feel like I'm in lah-lah land with this pregnancy! Things are still going smoothly, but all this week (maybe it's hitting the third trimester) I just keep remembering all these things we still need to do, and even though I'm getting a little anxious about it all, it sometimes hard not to keep procrastinating for just another day. I think I'm deluding myself that time is running out :)

I've started getting a new list together, and I'm realizing that part of the problem could also be that so many things left to do are BIG things, like finding a pediatrician, creating a will (and deciding who we would want to take our child if something were to happen to us), writing a birth plan for if we need to transfer to the hospital. That's on top of the littler (but still time consuming things like finishing up the nursery, going to showers (and writing thank you notes, and putting things together, and returning things that don't work), and HOLIDAY shopping.

I think I'm just feeling overwhelmed, especially since I'm also working full-time, and I'm usually exhausted by the time I get home each night.

My friend just had her baby this weekend (naturally!) and is passing along her hospital pack list to me. Let me know if you'd like to see it and I'll share it with you :)

Oo yea a list of what to pack would be helpful, I have no recollection of what I packed with Lucas, complete mind blank!
I'm stressing so much about everything we still have to do, in theory it's probably not that much but it seems like so much in so little time right now so I know how you girls are feeling :hugs:
29 weeks today :happydance: had my growth scan yesterday and baby is only measuring 8/9 days smaller than average and weigh 2lbs 7oz so the docs aren't worried.
Hope everybody has a good day :flow:

Jessduejan thats great news-hope baby continues to grow well.
I got my reply from the mw-i can have my homebirth :D

Thats ace hun. :D

I was told after my appt yesterday that i wouldnt be able to use the water birthing pool (more than likely) at the hospital as I will need baby monitoring very closely.
Also his head is currently measuring 2 weeks ahead of the rest of his growth- no idea if thats normal. They didnt tell me apart from to say everything was fine.

I can however use the tens machine and water at home so now to investigate that! :S

Anyone getting scared/nervous yet of labour??

Debenhams have got a 25% sale on til 16th sept i think- and you can get an extra 10% off with voucher codes instore or online
https://www.vouchercodes.co.uk/code-a...l=1&ud=8945566

Online code for extra 10% off plus free delivery : HM32
Instore: signup for the voucher

Might be worth it for nursing bras etc :)

jess and cookie - great news!

nicki - trying not to think about the labour part so I'm distracting myself w other things.

how are you all doing today?

Dont think too much about labour, I saw something a while back about the more you stress about it, it could make it longer/harder.
Concentrate on what labour will bring you :)

Cookielucy so great that you can have your home birth! Congrats!

JessdueJan it's great that the doctors are happy with you baby's size. I'm sure everything will be just fine!

I am not worried about the labor and birth. I try not thinking about it much because when I do I tend to get a bit nervous. I know it's going to be extremely painful and uncomfortable but I'm more focused on getting there and staying calm, and trying to be positive.

I doing ok today so far. I'm 28 weeks (Cograts Babyforme also)! ANd that means 12 weeks until 40 weeks! I am hoping that Baby comes a week or so early though but I know it's also possible she'll be late. I began counting kicks today per my doctors instructions. Baby wasn't particularly hyper this Am but she was awake very early and luckily so was I! I woke up at about 6AM to pee and she kicked me about 12-15 times before 8AM. So I got my quota in for the day...I couldn't sleep as I was nervous and once I got my number of kicks I fell back asleep for about an hour and a half. It's a good thing I was up early though or I may still be waiting for my 10 kicks because I'd have slept through it. I've only had a few since waking up again. I'm just so nervous that she's going to have a sleepy day and I'll be stressing like crazy and having to run to the ER. And with the construction on our street it takes an extra 5 mins to get to the hospital which I'm hoping is done before baby decides to make an appearance because the other way is only about 8 minutes to get there tops!

Anyhow I hope everyone is doing well today!

Congrats to all you ladies with your good news!

I bought a belly support band today as my back has been KILLING me. I've been doing the proper exercises for months now, stretching often, and constantly reminding myself to exhibit good posture but nothing is helping with this severe lower back pain. So, out of desperation I bought the support band. So far, I can't tell if it's working since my back was already really hurting by the time I put it on today. I'm going to give it the true test when I wear it all day at work on Saturday while I'm on my feet for 8 hours. Anyone else use one of these? It got rave reviews but we'll see if it works for me....

Yay, third tri to all us ladies!!! Starting to get really uncomfortable. Can't wait, just keeping my eye on the prize.

Does anyone keep thinking they are further along than they actually are??? I keep thinking in pretty heavily pregnant and not long to go.... Then I remember how many weeks I actually have left!!!!! :-(

Aww congrats on your home birth cookie! Bet that a relief to know you're allowed it :)
Yeh I keep thinking im really far on thn whb I say 11 weeks left it makes it seem like forever, only 10weeks 5 days now though :haha:

I think these weeks are wizzing away too fast, dont really mind though as cant wait to meet baby. There is so much I want to get done though and 11weeks seems so little time to do it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->