Calling all Watermelon's

Yep for some reason I keep thinking I'm 33 weeks!

Haven't bought anything for baby yet, planning to get it at baby show in october. Anyone know what delivery times are like on purchases?

I feel so heavy and baby is beating me up from the inside so I feel like I should be further along. It doesn't help when people keep asking me if I'm due soon, or next month, etc. SHUT UP, you're not helping!

I feel so heavy and baby is beating me up from the inside so I feel like I should be further along. It doesn't help when people keep asking me if I'm due soon, or next month, etc. SHUT UP, you're not helping!

Blu I've got the opposite problem!! Feel exactly the same as you physically, heavy and baby painfully wriggly sometimes and ache BUT my bump is small so people think I'm putting it on or expect me to still be ok and comfortable!!! It's easy not to notice I'm pregnant but that's doesn't mean I'm not 28+ wks!!!

Blu I've got the opposite problem!! Feel exactly the same as you physically, heavy and baby painfully wriggly sometimes and ache BUT my bump is small so people think I'm putting it on or expect me to still be ok and comfortable!!! It's easy not to notice I'm pregnant but that's doesn't mean I'm not 28+ wks!!!

I know what you mean ladies! I've gained quite a bit already and the baby is moving so much sometimes it's uncomfortable. Plus my sciatica and lower back pain are off the charts so I feel like I'm ready to pop but then remember I'm only 6 months and not even close!

Ugh I'm sick of people telling me I look like I'm ready to pop or getting shocked when they find out I'm due in Dec. I def feel like I'm 8 months! I got up to pee in the middle of the night and the back/hip pain was so bad that I felt like I needed a walking stick or something! I'm also having trouble breathing because there just isn't room in there. I think I need to change my posture...

I hit the 20 lb mark earlier this week eek. I'm realllly afraid of how much bigger I'm going to get. I just feel like a giant dumpling waddling around.

Do you think it's going to get much worse for us over coming weeks? It's so long since my last 2 that I can't remember! Or I've blocked it out!!!!!

It'll either stay the same or get worse I'm presuming. I feel pretty huge myself and I think people think I'm further along than I am because when they ask and I say Dec they are a little surprised I have that long to go. Baby always measures right on target or even a few days behind so I must just be fat. I had a BMI of about 27 or 28 which I know is high but it is overweight, not obese. I was probably still about 25 lbs overweight when I got pregnant so I know I'm by no means thin but I seem to really be putting the extra on gaining approx 20 lbs so far, depending on whether to go by my home scale or the drs. I'm short too so I'm just like a rolly polly. I know I waddle and it's hard to bend over or squat down. The aches and pains come and go everyday and I just suppose I'll have to live with it all for the next 12 weeks or so. Baby doesn't seem to be as active as a lot of you girls say your babies are but I still feel her everyday, sometimes more than others, sometimes stronger depending on where she is in there. I feel more and more ready to have the baby each day but I'm hopeful that she'll be ready when I am because I just want her to be born healthy. Pregnancy is such a crazy rollercoaster of emotions between my nerves and worry, my excitement, anxiousness, happiness, and fear here and there...

Yes it's the totally shocked/amazed face when I say Dec. 4 that gets me every time. Just makes me want to :grr: but I digress. I can't breath, it's only getting worse. I told the dr. I think he's running out of room in there, cuz i can feel him just about every time he moves now. It's getting painful at points. She told me, "don't worry, you've got plenty time to get bigger, and.. u will get bigger" umm. was that supposed to make me feel better?

HI Ladies,
I went to the doctor this morning and had my nasty GTT. That stuff gave me a headache and made me nauseous. Baby's heartrate was great, measuring perfectly at 27 weeks, and he said everything seems to be completely normal at this point. I should find out monday about the glucose test. The crazy thing is im in third trimester now and still losing weight. I lost another pound. I have a baby bump but most of my coworkers cant tell unless i wear a maternity shirt. My pants are falling off of me and i really dont want to go buy new ones right now. Hope you all are doing good!!!

Strange that you are still losing weight hopeful. Did your dr. say anything about that?

I was really thin before pregnancy so my dr. isn't concerned about my weight gain but I have gained about 25 lbs and it doesn't feel good. I don't care how big or small you were pre-pregnancy, gaining weight and growing a big bump is hard to get used to. Everyone keeps saying "Yeah, but you'll lose it right away because you are normally skinny." Yeah right! How do they know that? I've never had to lose weight in my life so I have no idea how fast or if it's going to come off.

Strange that you are still losing weight hopeful. Did your dr. say anything about that?

I was really thin before pregnancy so my dr. isn't concerned about my weight gain but I have gained about 25 lbs and it doesn't feel good. I don't care how big or small you were pre-pregnancy, gaining weight and growing a big bump is hard to get used to. Everyone keeps saying "Yeah, but you'll lose it right away because you are normally skinny." Yeah right! How do they know that? I've never had to lose weight in my life so I have no idea how fast or if it's going to come off.

People keep saying that to me too! I lost 46 lbs a few years ago and am freaked out that the weight won't come off...it was so hard to lose it before. I'm up 20 so far and can just feel my body changing. I am tiny now but my bump is HUGE.

btw - crib is assembled! https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/386983_10100327411157316_1111610336_n.jpg

I keep thinking im a week ahead because of all the informative emails i get from bounty/sma/boots etc. Some give me the week I currently am and some send me information on the week ahead. lol.

I got myself 1 maternity bra today which is soooo comfy ill definitely be wearing it for a long time even when im not pregnant or feeding! I also picked up 2 nursing bras. I had to go for a size bigger that i am to allow for growth. But again its quite comfy so i might wear them around the house etc. I have gone up a back size and 2 cup sizes! Hope these fit me still when my milk comes in or im screwed!! They only go up to G cups in debenhams. I really dont want to buy online either as I need to try them on. :(

ps SUPER COOL CRIB HUNNY!!!

Fab crib hun! Looks just like ours, but ours is cherry wood. You'll have to show us the nursery all done up!

I am so weepy and emotional ladies. It started last night and I'm still in my feelings today :(

Oh dear- any particular reason hun or just feeling a bit down?

I think ive kicked into nesting mode early lol. I need to learn to chill the hell out but there is so much to do!

That crib is cute! I can't wait to set up our nursery when we move in two weeks.

I shot a wedding last night after having the whole month of August off and it was excruciating. My back was in so much pain but I was just happy to have some work since we are really broke right now. :) Everyone kept asking me when I'm due and if it's my first. I wanted to just write it on my forehead so I could stop answering the same question over and over again. But everyone was really nice to me, always asking if I needed anything, how I'm feeling, saying I'm a trouper for working such a job while pregnant.

Bump pics!!!

12 weeks, 18 weeks, 21 weeks and the last is 27 weeks, a week ago today. :)

Attachments

• 12 weeks.png
    12 weeks.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 18 weeks.png
    18 weeks.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 21weeks.png
    21weeks.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 27 weeks.png
    27 weeks.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 2
I'm better emotionally today, just had a down weekend. The smallest thing seemed like the biggest thing and then I just got overwhelmed by everything in general.

Physically however, I'm not sure what's going on. The fatigue has always been present but it seems that I'm getting nausea and gas horrible all over again. I just threw up at work and I feel like crap.

Fab bump pics Kelly!

Thanks guys! The crib is the bonavita peyton. Used a 20% bed bath coupon at buy buy baby to get it for a deal, and then my girls ended up paying for it as my shower gift :) I'll post more pics as we get stuff done.

kellycontrary - cute pics!!! You look great!

KellyM - Wow I can't believe you did a wedding!!! I did my last one for the year a month ago and it was horrible... People were inconsiderate, drunk groomsman jumped on my foot and it still hurts. You should try getting more portrait work... I just did my first maternity session and it was soooooo much easier, plus she liked that I was preg too :)

Do you guys have pelvic pain? My whole groin area feels like pulled muscles making it so hard to get up or walk. I had back and hip pain before but this is new.

Went to a baby shower on Sat. It was nice to talk to another pregnant woman face to face. She is 8 weeks ahead of me though and her bump wasn't much bigger than mine. I feel like a whale:blush:

I don't know if it was something I ate at the shower or what Dh made for dinner on Sat night but I have been in and out of the bathroom (sry tmi) since Sunday at 4am. I can not get rid of this awful stomach bug. It's making me nauseous and crampy. I feel badly for baby because I'm eating the bare minimum because of the stomach pain. I'm still feeling her kick through the tummy ache so I know she's alright. I just worry because I was so sick! I feel a little better so far today just still not great. The pregnancy packet the dr gave me says to take imodium, stay hydrated, come in if it lasts more than a few days so I'm hoping that this is the last day and I'm back to feeling good tomorrow.

Although I still feel baby kick she is still having slow days and I'm not noticing much of a pattern. I think she's ok I just think that sometimes she is facing a direction in which I can't feel her as strongly and sometimes she is sleepy.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Sigh nice crib! I'm also having a bit of pelvic pain but with this illness I have I'm in pain all over:wacko:

Blu I hope you feel better soon.

KellyC- nice bump pics

Sigh: Yep, my last wedding isn't until November 3rd. I had it booked before we got pregnant and didn't realize how hard it would be until after we decided to get pg anyway. I wish I had more portrait work but honestly business is SLOOOOOOOWWWW here. It's hard just to find the second shooting gigs I have. I would do portrait sessions if I could get the clients for them. I have no more money to advertise with either. At least it's only a couple Saturdays each month. But we're broke since I can't find enough work!

I haven't had pelvic pain but plenty of sciatic pain and lower back pain making it difficult to get around sometimes.

Kellycontrary: You do look beautiful! Love your bump, so cute! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->