Calling all Watermelon's

Imsotired..... my iron levels were really good at beginning of pregnancy, midwife even commented on them. She was surprised they had dropped so low.

Im having a funny uncomfortable day too but in a different way. Baby feels like he is about to fall out. Real heavy pressure into my lady bits. I can feel him moving in there and its sharp and nipping at times too. Bottom of bump really aches too. I feel pressure on my bladder like I need a pee all the time too!

Imsotired..... my iron levels were really good at beginning of pregnancy, midwife even commented on them. She was surprised they had dropped so low.

Im having a funny uncomfortable day too but in a different way. Baby feels like he is about to fall out. Real heavy pressure into my lady bits. I can feel him moving in there and its sharp and nipping at times too. Bottom of bump really aches too. I feel pressure on my bladder like I need a pee all the time too!

Ive had some pelvic pressure and discomfort as well. It isn't consistant but depending on how low she is in my pelvis at times it feels very strange. She only feels like she's falling out when I get a BH contraction which is a few a day usually. I really wonder if this is the 'calm before the storm'. I just hope baby doesn't come too early.

I have slight anemia and also have the dizziness randomly.

I've only had the flu shot once and my arm really hurt afterwards so I wasn't going to get it but I'm reconsidering after talking to the dr. She won't be given the flu shot until June, but if I get it now she'll get protection from me and since she's a winter baby with young cousins (who are ALWAYS sick) I"m thinking I should get it...

Imsotired.....thats what has been happening to me this evening too. These pressure feelings with what I thing are braxton hicks. Well to be honest sometimes its hard to figure out if its braxton hicks or the baby pushing out? Does anyone know what I mean?

Yes toothfairy sometimes I wonder if it's just baby pressing up against something or pushing but if it lasts for more than a few seconds and I feel a lot more pressure I know it's BH. Some days I get quite a few of them and others I 'll get few or mild ones.

Sigh. I am considering getting the flu shot but have never had one before. If I do get one, it will be for protecting baby only because I've never seen the need for one. But I do agree that baby will be around a lot of family and exposed to a lot of germs with the holiday season and all so I may cave in and get it done for her and hope I don't have any adverse reactions to it.

I never thought about the flu shot giving the baby protection after he is born but that makes sense. Although, isn't there enough immune boosting substance in breast milk to help fight that off? I don't know but I'm definitely asking my dr about it now. :)

My DS was born the end of october and I was never offered the flu jab with him. I used to get an annual letter about it from my old doctor as they said i had asthma but I never felt the need for it and I dont think its in the notes since we moved.
DS is almost 2 and is still breastfed and has hardly been ill so the breastmilk obviously does some good.

What are you all planning for christmas with new babies? We have been invited to MILs but we said no. I want to enjoy my nb and I know as there will already be a few family members there the baby will get passed round. We visited when DS was 2 months just after his first christmas and he was passed round loads and crying when I knew that he just wanted to be with me :( I would cuddle him and he was fine then someone else would jump in and want to cuddle him and he would cry again.

We're still debating Christmas, we always do Xmas lunch at my mam and dads which wouldn't be too bad as its only us and my two brothers so not too many people and i know I can say no to them if I don't want them to be passing baby round but OHs auntie has just got a pub so his entire family is up there for lunch, we have said no for lunch but they are expecting us to go there a bit later in the afternoon and if we do there will be a lot of passing baby around. I feel we can't say yes to my family and no to OHs though so we will have to do both or just say no were staying at home all day!

Hope everyone is having a good day :flow:

I have just been to see midwife and only measuring 29weeks instead of 32 so got a growth scan on Monday to check on baby. Heartbeat is good though and gettin lots of movement.

Im hoping ill definitely be done and this little boy will be cooked and out by christmas day, but Im due on the 10th so two weeks over means.....hmm christmas eve and day! Not good!
Before I fell pregnant we were planning on going to ireland to spend christmas with husbands family as my husband is a firefighter, as we live in portsmouth we have never spent a christmas with them since we have been together because of his shift patterns. This was supposed to be the year! We live with my parents at the moment to save for a house so we will be with them this year. I think the in-laws will be over shortly after christmas to see their new grandson!

Thought Id share mine and my mums latest purchase - the santa suit is my mums, she is desperate to see him in this christmas day!!!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 3
We usually do xmas eve/xmas morning with one set of parents and then swap for xmas dinner and evening/boxing day.

However this year the In laws are going out for dinner and my mum may be working so we might find ourselves having dinner at home which i really dont fancy as I dont wanna cook lol.

If baby comes on time we will still meet up with family, but if he is late then we will probably stay home. On the 5th Dec he will get his eviction notice. Im allowing him to be late by 2 days :p

Last full friday to work tomorrow. Next week I have a conference call at 9am and then thats pretty much it for the day :D So Im counting this as my last friday working for 10 months....potentially longer depending on what days i decide to work when i return

Mine will definetly be here by christmas but potentially only 2 weeks old.
Those outfits are lovely, I want to buy something for ours to wear christmas day just not decided what yet. Where did you find yours?

Nicki I bet it will feel really odd once you go on your leave, will be the final countdown :)

Mine will definetly be here by christmas but potentially only 2 weeks old.
Those outfits are lovely, I want to buy something for ours to wear christmas day just not decided what yet. Where did you find yours?

They both came from mothercare bought last thursday. They had different ones, I think I saw like a christmas pud one and a reindeer one (which actually I preferred but my mum insisted the santa one was better!) They are £15. x

My baby will definately be here for Christmas but could be pretty young depending on when she makes her appearance. I'm hoping she comes a week or two early and is near a month old. All of our family lives within about 10 miles so we will be bouncing around this year as usual. We usually go to Dh's grandparents house about 2pm on Christmas eve as long as we aren't working but this year we are having that celebration at DH's parents house instead. So then we will leave there at about 6 or so and go to my uncles house and then home. I'm hoping to not stay long at ether place really and be in and out without too much passing around the baby. Then Christmas day we have lunch with my parents and my brother/SIL and after we go up and see Dh's parents. Which will be much smaller/more comfortable groups. There are other family get togethers that we don't attend because 4 is enough for us. Everyone has their own thing and expects us to go but we never do. I'm sure this year we'll have extra pressure to go to the other affairs because everyone will want to see baby but we will not be attending and the places we do go we probably won't be staying as long as we had without baby.

I had to get the flu shot (which my doctor was suggesting anyway) but i work as a nurse in a busy emergency room and the company decided that we had to have it or lose our job. We have busy christmas plans too, so much family to visit but im not going to worry about it- im just gonna take a huge bottle of hand sanitizer with us and tell the other children to stay out of her face. I picked up several christmas outfits at a consignment sale the other day, so she will have something "Christmassy" to wear to each thing. Hope everyone is doing good. I go back to the doctor monday. I actually have started counting down until leave. (i have 8 weeks left and 3 shifts a week, so only 24 more to go)

Our LO will definitely be here by xmas, but I think if he is born around the 15th which is a possibility then we will stay at home and play it by ear with no particular plans.

I have bought two little romper onsie outfits which are christmassy. Ill wait til george stocks up on their xmas stuff and then get something cheap. Ill also know if i need to buy tiny baby/newborn or 0-3 by then aswell.

Your right it will be the final countdown. Still 5 more weeks of actual work even if it is only 4 days now. Cant wait for my long weekends. I have so much to do around the house which we want to do. Just dont have alot of money to do it :S

We were told that as long as nothing drastic happens between now and dec then we should hit company targets so we will get our company bonus; which i am still entitled too and will be lovely to have around March time next year. Now do we go on holiday and laminate the dining room or do I save it for the house deposit? Hmmmmm..... I have a feeling number two is going to win.

I just put my rings on for the first time in a week and its too tight! nooooooooooooooo lol. I was hoping it would fit throughout.

Baby seems to be really low this evening and its hurting, there is a lot of pressure in my pelvis. I was sat at our table earlier and it was so uncomfortable and sending shooting pains upwards.

Baby seems to be really low this evening and its hurting, there is a lot of pressure in my pelvis. I was sat at our table earlier and it was so uncomfortable and sending shooting pains upwards.

cookie this is exactly like I have been feeling for a couple of days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->