Calling all Watermelon's

I think Xmas for us this year is going to be a relatively cheap one. The only person that we will spend as usual on is our DS but only as he will be a lot more aware of Xmas as he is due to start nursery in July. Also I don't want him to feel forgotten about when this LO arrives. It's also his 3rd birthday on the 13th Jan so he will get some pressies then too.

Unfortunately with everyone else I think it will be just stocking fillers!

My sickness has reduced massively the past 2 days and I actually managed to eat 2 proper meals yesterday! Also had a midwife visit today so I heard the heartbeat! Can't wait to start feeling it move although I think I have felt a few movements already!

I usually love xmas but think this year it will be very subdued...still going to put my decorations up though and see if my mum will cook me xmas dinner - she does the best roasts!

I'm not sure what we'll do about Christmas this year. I'm thinking we'll stay home with such a little one. And I doubt anyone will get anything other than a card because we spend significantly on husbands 3ds already. I suppose this one will be spoiled as well but I'm going to see if I can talk DH into cutting back this year in general.

Hope everyone's good this evening! Happy Orange Day ImSoTired! :D

I reckon Xmas will be quiet for me too. I'm just gonna be so wrapped up in baby! Will def spend time with my family and OH's family

Hopeful2012 my grandfather is in the intensive care unit as well and only just slowly improving. It's devistating, I know, and I've been losing a lot of sleep. My heart is broken about the whole thing. But I hope he, along with your father, can both make a quick and full recovery. I'm sorry you have to go through it as well.:hugs:

Yay, thanks, babyforme! Happy orange day to you as well! I had a check up today and doctor said everything seems fine. No scan or NT results yet. Turns out the place I went for them does 2 rounds before giving you the results. So that is why I have more bloodwork coming up and no results. Gender scan in 5 wks 1 day! Ugg can't wait. Heard baby's heartbeat. So happy but forgot to mention a weird symptom to the nurse. Anyone else have this?- When I lie on my left side for more than 10 minutes I get a hot feeling near my hip. It's not painful just feels warm inside. Maybe a nerve or bloodflow issue? It goes away when I move. Hope it's ok though. Got me worried. Like I need anymore worry!

Glad your appointment went well ImSoTired. I know the improvement with your grandfather is slow but it's a good sign that he is improving. :hugs: praying for you and your family. I know it hurts but make sure you're not stressing yourself and lo out.

I can't wait for my next appointment - one week from now :) Will be relieved to hear lo's heartbeat.

Hi girls can I join,I'm a orange tomorrow..:happydance:

I'm due 8th December..

"ImSoTired" I also have never had a day of sickness,I've had two scans and all great,I also have a baby doppler which is great I listen to baba's heartbeat every now and again,great to know all is ok.

I have booked a private gender scan for sat 23rd June,we booked threw https://www.babybond.com/ only cost £79 photo's and all..

Hope all you girlies are doing great :hugs:

Here's my bump at 14 weeks 2days,I started to show at 7 weeks..

xxxx

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 0
Hi girls can I join,I'm a orange tomorrow..:happydance:

I'm due 8th December..

"ImSoTired" I also have never had a day of sickness,I've had two scans and all great,I also have a baby doppler which is great I listen to baba's heartbeat every now and again,great to know all is ok.

I have booked a private gender scan for sat 23rd June,we booked threw https://www.babybond.com/ only cost £79 photo's and all..

Hope all you girlies are doing great :hugs:

Here's my bump at 14 weeks 2days,I started to show at 7 weeks..

xxxx

Hi goldie66! We have the same due date! :)

My God. Yesterday I was like the walking dead- so so so and I was so busy. I went to bed at 10.30 (early for me) and slept like a log. My OH is away in France so im trying to keep busy. :(

For xmas presents I think im just going to raid the sales asap and do hampers, as for xmas dinner etc we always split our time between the families as we both have sisters young enough to want us there to open their presents with us. This year is meant to be mums house for xmas eve/morning and dinner at the in laws....but i dunno if we will go to the inlaws for dinner or just go for a fewhours instead. I think it will depend on with LO actually arrives. Its our first so will probably be late.

Ive been saving all my boots points from nov last year and have about £95... wonder if i could get everyone something from there on the 3 for 2 range???

Oh Officially only 5 month of working left today! woohoo xx

We will be spending Christmas morning at home, the in laws may call in but not sure yet. Dinner will be at my parents then late afternoon over to OH's grans for a buffet on the evening with all his family. Everyone will just be receiving small gifts this year as with new baby and a house move we are pretty short of cash

Anyone here experiencing morning sickness still? Mine is not going away anytime soon it seems... And I am tired of ppl saying, oh it will get better! Obviously not since I will be 4 months in a few days and it is still strong!!! With my daughter, my sickness was gone by now, so I am thinking this is a boy! awwww :) Can't wait to see on the delivery day.... It will be a surprise!!!

We will definitely be home for Christmas, the family may come up to see us (7 hours away). But we will NOT be traveling to see any of them with a toddler and newborn for 7 hours... Only in my dreams maybe LOL

I think it will be a good Christmas because my beautiful daughter Jayla will be old enough to possibly understand the holiday :) Last year she opened stuff but did not say much of course LOL now she is so much more active and speaking numerous words so it will be fun for her.

Afraid I didnt suffer much morning sickness to begin with so I havent had anything recently.

I am finding it hard to get my five a day; and actually eating 2000 calories a day can sometimes be hard. Anyone else struggling? I did eat two satsumas today! :happydance: For those of you who havent carried over from the 1st tri I struggle eating/drinks citrus fruits.

I've been lucky and haven't been sick. Hope you feel better soon! Everyone keeps telling me that the 2nd trimester comes with a burst of energy so I'm just waiting...

I'm def starting to pop though! The hard bump is starting to become visible in the mornings when I'm still laying flat in bed. The weird thing is that it's harder on the left side... I guess it means the baby is hanging out on the left?

Anyone here experiencing morning sickness still? Mine is not going away anytime soon it seems... And I am tired of ppl saying, oh it will get better! Obviously not since I will be 4 months in a few days and it is still strong!!! With my daughter, my sickness was gone by now, so I am thinking this is a boy! awwww :) Can't wait to see on the delivery day.... It will be a surprise!!!

Me!!!!!!!! I'm still horribly sick!! some days it feels to be getting worse not better! I'd focused on this magic mark.....12 weeks.....it will go!!! Has it???? Has in ****!!!! :nope:

Hi everyone, I thought we could get to know each other a bit, join in if you want:)

How many weeks are you?
How many other children do you have?
Are you going to find out girl/boy or leave it a surprise at your scan?
What do you think you are having -boy/girl/no idea?
Next scan date?
How are you feeling?
What are you most looking forward to?
What are you most worried about?
What sort of birth are you hoping for?

How many weeks are you? 15 + 4 (16 according to my last scan)
How many other children do you have? 2 girls- a 5 year old and a 2 year old
Are you going to find out girl/boy or leave it a surprise at your scan? Find out
What do you think you are having - boy/girl/no idea? A boy
Next scan date? 12th July
How are you feeling? Tired still, still icky tummy that get set off with certain smells
What are you most looking forward to? Cuddles with a new baby.
What are you most worried about? MMC, Tearing during the birth, how we will all get on as a family of 5
What sort of birth are you hoping for? Vaginal birth, hoping for a water birth with just gas. I had a super quick labour last time so hoping for the same again:)

For Christmas it will be same as usual here, baby most likely will be here at end of November and our family are all pretty close to each other so will not have to travel to far. May just be a little flexible with what time we arrive to suit us, instead of everyone else.

Nice idea!

How many weeks are you? 15+2
How many other children do you have? None, this will be my first
Are you going to find out girl/boy or leave it a surprise at your scan? Leaving it as a surprise
What do you think you are having -boy/girl/no idea? I'm leaning towards girl at the moment...
Next scan date? 23rd of July
How are you feeling? Still moments of nausea and tummy cramps but more energy than before!
What are you most looking forward to? Getting a bump! and meeting baby!
What are you most worried about? I guess I'm anxious about labour and being a good mum
What sort of birth are you hoping for? I'm hoping for a natural delivery with as little pain medication as possible

How many weeks are you? 15+6
How many other children do you have? 3
Are you going to find out girl/boy or leave it a surprise at your scan? have to find out im to impatient!
What do you think you are having -boy/girl/no idea? dont know but at a guess girl
Next scan date? july 15
How are you feeling? sick
What are you most looking forward to? seeing my baby
What are you most worried about? another c section
What sort of birth are you hoping for? have to have c section this will be my fourth one

How many weeks are you? 16 + 2
How many other children do you have? 1 little boy aged 2 and a half
Are you going to find out girl/boy or leave it a surprise at your scan? Hoping to leave it a surprise but I am impatient Si may give in
What do you think you are having -boy/girl/no idea? No idea if I'm honest
Next scan date? 18th July for anomaly scan but awaiting date to come through for 18week fetal echo scan so will get to see baby then too
How are you feeling? Not too bad, bit tired still but nothing major
What are you most looking forward to? Newborn cuddles and seeing Lucas with his little brother or sister, he keeps asking if he r she has come put yet
What are you most worried about? Labour!!
What sort of birth are you hoping for? One that isn't induced as was induced last time and told its easier if go into labour naturally

Me!!!!!!!! I'm still horribly sick!! some days it feels to be getting worse not better! I'd focused on this magic mark.....12 weeks.....it will go!!! Has it???? Has in ****!!!! :nope:

I don't like how everyone keeps saying, "Shouldn't you be feeling better by now?" Like the my body is on some kind of timer and at exactly 12 weeks I should feel great. Everyone is different and every pregnancy is different and it pisses me off when people say, "You'll start to feel better in the second tri." How do they know that? Some women are sick their entire pregnancy. Hopefully that's not us but it does happen. I still have trouble eating things and almost all food makes me gag even though my appetite is ravenous. At least I haven't thrown up in a few days. Putting a date in your head as to when things will turn around is unfair and gives you unrealistic expectations. Your body and baby have their own timeline and agenda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->