Calling all Watermelon's

I've felt my baby low down for a long time. Since about 20 weeks, I could feel him in my nether regions and the dr said that's when he is head down. Nothing to worry about as baby can move in and out of head down position and when he moves into it, doesn't mean labor is soon. :)

I've also felt the baby down low for a while now. I've asked several drs and they said it's normal. Sometimes it feels like she's trying to dig her way out!

Found it really hard to sleep last night with how painful it was down there last night. Thankfully its a lot better this morning so baby must have moved up a bit.
OH has decided to start getting the baby stuff out of the loft now though just incase baby does come early, as we have nothing ready apart from the one baby gro and vest that we brought new.

I need a break- seriously!

Yesterday I caught my OH's cold and it is a really bad one. I dont have time to take off work and I feel bad taking it as Im off on Fridays now anyway.

Yesterday we had our detailed scan to check the brain again. Its looking the same as before so he is definitely now borderline which is amazing. But during the scan they found a prominent loop of bowl- and cant tell us if thats normal or a cause for concern...surely you wouldnt mention it if it was normal?? So having to go back for a scan in 2 weeks rather than 4 now to check the stomach. Could be nothing or could mean an operation once he is born. :( anymore bad news to throw at me???

of yes..... my sister and step dad had a petty arguement over the TV and now she stormed off to my dads, my step dad has packed some stuff to stay at his mums and i have my mum stuck in the middle- who stayed at our house last night as she needed to vent. Today is my other sisters rehab review which should be interesting as though she has put on weight she has actually got worse eg refusing to eat hot meals now.

Anymore that life wants to throw at me and the family?

On the plus side our cot is delivered today! xx

oh Nicki, huge :hugs: hope everything is ok at your scan.

My baby is low down too, when I had my scan on Monday the sonographer struggled to get a good lok at baby's head as it was so low in my pelvis. Baby is measuring within normal limits but only just so expecting a rather small baby.

Had to start my maternity leave today, I am just completely drained of energy and starting to ache all over. I decided with having a toddler at home and also being a nursery nurse it wasnt fair on them to run myself down to the point I had no patience. Work have supported my decision and I am now looking forward to 7 weeks of time devoted to my little man before he becomes a big brother! Also still got lots to sort in the house so need to get that done before I cant be bothered to move off the couch anymore.

Hope you ladies are all having a good day :flow:

Nicki- Thinking of you today! Big hugs being sent your way from the US. Try to keep your chin up, everything is going to be ok. :)

aww Nicki :hugs: Hope things turn around for you!

Anyone hearing clicking noises from their belly?

:hugs::hugs:Oh Nicki:hugs::hugs: It is one thing after another for you isn't it flower. Glad the first part of the scan went well for you and seriously hope all is well with little ones tummy x x x x x x x so sorry you are having a hard time.

Sigh.... I get these clicking sounds quite a lot when baby moves and have googled it.....apparently they think it is babys joint clicking which to be honest freaks me out!!!!!

Nicki :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Hoping things turn around for you very soon hun!

Not getting clicking sounds from my belly but baby is in there doing back flips - ouchiee!

Dr's appointment went well today. Talked some about birth control after pregnancy. Anyone given that any thought?

I have heard a click or two from my belly, but not many.

Had dr appt today and it went well. I am not happy about the weight I've gained but the doctor sisn't say anything. I'm just hoping that my ultrasound on Mon goes as well. I'm feeling quite self concious though and my shower is this weekend.:cry: Baby was very active today which is great. Oh and my doctor wanted me to get a flu shot so I did today.

I'm exhausted. I've been busy all week. I still have to clean the kitchen tomorrow but then on Sat I can relax before my shower on Sun. Fx'd all goes well!

I hope you're all doing well.

I have thought about contraception after but still not decided yet-i plan to breastfed so it needs to be compatible with that, we are also planning a third baby with a fairly close age gap so dont want anything too long term. I was on the pill after DS was born and it gave me awful headaches.
Has anyone been having 2nd thoughts over names? We have had ours picked before baby was even concieved but now I dont think our girls name sounds quite 'right'.
It is the 3rd anniversary of the day we met today :D OH is working but we are planning anice dinner tonight, we were hoping to go out but with LO it will be a bit late by time oh gets home.

We're also having second thoughts on names cookie but it's our boys name. OH loved Archie and it was a name I could live with so I agreed but now OH isn't so sure so it's back to the drawing board for us with that one! Girls name is a definite though.

I was thinking about contraception last night coincidentally, I'm thinking the pill aslong as theres one ok for breastfeeding.

We had this right before we found out we were having a boy. I loved Darcey before I fell pregnant but my husband wasnt keen so we decided on Imogen for a girl. But the closer it got to the sexing scan, the more it just didnt feel right - and I had no back up names (apart from darcey which wasnt going well still with husband!)

Luckily for us, we are having a boy and we had firmly decided on Conor Sean (husband is irish). However, if this baby decides to surprise us and it does actually turn out to be a girl I have no idea what we will do! perhaps Ill convince him on darcey after all! x

Had a girlie catchup yesterday and I over the moon. :)

Remember my freind who miscarried at 13 weeks? The couple who were 3 weeks ahead of us.... she is 16 weeks pregnant :happydance:

My hubby's best friend is getting married in 2014 aswell, we're their childs god parents, and yesterday his fiance said she wanted me to be her bridesmaid (OH has already been asked to be best man) and they want our little boy to be page boy aswell. :)

How is everyone feeling? Its really sunny here today and OH is at home so we're planning to put up the cot that arrived on thursday. My sister ate a small portion of chocolate yesterday- first time in 9 months so thats a massiave achievement. so things are looking up I guess.

I havent even thought about contraception. BTW ladies the theory about breast feeding meaning you cant get pregnant again is totally wrong! lol. I might go back on the pill aslong as I can breast feed ok with it.

My wooping cough and flu vaccination letter came through this morning so I can get that done from next week....... ok thats me done lol.

ps anyone know when we change from a squash? Its been weeekkkkkks!

Uuugghh, no sleep at all last night and puking at 7 am this morning. I'm going to die shooting this wedding today. Vent over.

I had a bad day at work today! Plus ive been super emotional all afternoon, but my hubby and mom decided to make my day by painting the nursery! Its done! All we have left is to get the crown molding and baseboards up and then the major nursery stuff will be complete. I cant wait to start decorating!

Aww hopeful, sorry you had a bad day but that's sweet of your family to paint the nursery. So exciting! I have yet to decide on a color, I'm so indecisive.

I've been feeling super crummy lately. I guess I'm just getting to that part of the pregnancy where I constantly feel nauseous and tired again instead of just ever so often. I never really got a "burst" of energy in my 2nd tri but I stopped needing naps like I did in 1st tri. I'm now back to napping. And puking has made it's reappearance after being gone for a few weeks.

Breastfeeding definetly isnt a reliable form of contraception-if it were we wouldnt be pregnant now :)
Sickness has started making a comeback for me too, thankfully not as bad as it was in first tri.

Well what a week. My step dad still isnt living at home because of my sister. I have no idea what to even suggest to rectify the situation.

My anorexic sister is doing so well. Total mood change the last few days. She even took the effort to curl her hair and put make up on yesterday- something that she hasnt done in months. :happydance:

Nursery is so very close to being finished. Just need a matress for the bed and some curtains to frame the window. I have to have a peek everytime I go to sleep.... in 7 weeks time I hope he will be in there :) :thumbup:

Attachments

• WP_000199.jpg
    WP_000199.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1
  • WP_000200.jpg
    WP_000200.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1
  • WP_000201.jpg
    WP_000201.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online