Calling all Watermelon's

Yeah..... well on the bedding set its actually Noah's arc as thats the closest i could get to it, but it has elephants, giraffes and zebras on it (along with a random boat) so its not too bad.

Got the baby shower at the weekend. No idea if we will get any gifts or if its just the girls meeting up to get together but we're holding off buying curtains incase we get vouchers.

I did LOADS of xmas shopping at the weekend and hardly spent a penny. Love boots! Just waiting for Tesco clubcard double up points now....hurry up!! haha.

aww Nicki it looks great! We decided on putting a tree decal on the wall and ordered it off etsy last week. Hopefully it gets here soon!!
https://img3.etsystatic.com/004/0/6108874/il_fullxfull.384247683_nz7u.jpg

Hope everyone had a great weekend! We had our prepared childbirth class. It went well, I'm just starting to get a little freaked out! We also cleaned the garage for a little bit (almost done!) and worked on round 2 of getting rid of stuff to make room. I have a few more bags of stuff to donate now and it feels so good to declutter!

Imsotired - how'd the baby shower go?

Ohh yes we are waiting for the tesco double up too-really hope they do it on toys as I have a long list of things I want to get from there.

Oh Nicki, your nursery is so adorable! I love that chair. We still have to paint and put the wall hangings up and then we are done. I can't wait to share some pictures of it when it's complete. Glad to hear your sister is doing well. :)

I walk into my nursery almost everyday and just look around at everything, imagining my little baby in his crib or I sit in the rocking chair and imagine what it will be like sitting there holding him, late night breastfeeding, staring at his sweet face. I can't wait!!!

Nicki your nursery is lovely. And you're always so thrifty finding all of the deals! I just began my Christmas shopping today.

Sigh, thanks for asking! The shower went as well as it could. The house was packed! I could barely move and I was petrified so I basically sat in a chair and waved and smiles at people and let them come to me to greet me, etc. Overall though, besides it being crowded, it went well. We got SO MUCH stuff for the baby. Our living room was literally filled when we got it all home. I'll show a quick pic of it below! People really went crazy and bought her everything she'll need for a while. Obviously there are a few small things I'm going to pick up but I feel so thankful and so much more prepared now. The project now is finding a spot for everything and writing our a ton of thank you cards to all of the very generous guests.

I had my growth scan today and they said baby looks great and healthy. Such a relief. She is measuring perfectly and is in the 55%. Meaning she is perfectly average. I got some cute little 4d pics of her even though she was squashing her face against the placenta and moving around a lot. They also said she weighs about 4lb 3oz and has a lot of hair. She is in exactly the position I suspected which is head down usually facing my left side, butt near my right ribs and feet near my left ribs. I can't wait to see her in person! <3

Anyway I hope you are all doing well! I'll probably post a nursery pic in a few weeks when I get it all put together!

Attachments

• IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 10-15-2012 01;34;11PM4.jpg
    10-15-2012 01;34;11PM4.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 3
yayy glad to hear it went well! You got so much stuff!!!! If you're short on space, a great tip that I got from a friend was to return the stuff I dont need during the first 3 months to Babies r us for store credit and then rebuy it when I need it. I did this for bigger items like the high chair and my other stroller (the one we'll use when she's older).

Oh my goodness I'm so tired that's a lot of stuff! :) The fun part for me is putting everything together, going through all the clothes and setting up the nursery. My husband started painting ours tonight and so far the color looks soooo cute! Can't wait to see the whole thing.

My baby is in the exact same position as yours is, head down, butt to my right and always kicking and punching me on my left side and down at my cervix. I love being able to feel his body with my hand but it just makes me want to meet him so bad, knowing he's only an inch or two away from my hand but still two months away from meeting him in person!n It's like having a Christmas present that you can feel and touch and see strange photos of but not really open it for nine months! It's torture sometimes. lol :)

wow hun you got loads of stuff. Bet you are super prepared now :)

I woke up last night with terrible trapped wind- how horrid is that? :(

I've woke up with that before-it is horrible :(
I was woke up last night by our back gate banging in the wind-next door must have gone through late last night(we are end of terrace) and not bothered bolting it behind them.

Sigh I just put the stuff we won't use for a while away in her closet. Even though her room is quite small her closet is decent sized so there are a few large boxes in there for the next few months. I really can't believe how generous everyone was. I'm slowly putting it all away. Baby has 5 loads of laundry for me to do!I'm hoping to have it put away by the end of the month because I want November to be relaxing and spending time with DH.

Kelly it is so true. Like I can feel her but I still haven't formally met her. I just want to have her in my arms! DH and I have started putting some of the larger items that we'll need right away together. DH had a fight with the baby swing but obviously the playpen was easy (it's a pack n play with a bassinet so she'll have a sleeping place in the living room as newborns sleep 12-16 hours a day). There is still so much to sort through and put away but it's exciting. I can't wait to have her room finished.

Nicki we are super prepared now. Like I said there are probably only a handful things I need to pick up. Sorry to hear about your waking up.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Oh I wish we had baby showers in the UK now I see how much stuff you girls get!!!

33 weeks for me and Blu today! Nothing major to report. Like the rest of you, getting lots of BHs twinges cramps etc and getting heavy and tired easily again.

It's mad to think that over the next few weeks we will be starting hoping all these things are signs of labour. Wonder who will be 1st!!

toothfairy: I know, I can't wait to see who goes first! So looking forward to seeing pics of everyone's lovely babies.

My husband painted our nursery last night and it looks so cute! He just has to put the room back together, move all the furniture back and we are all set. It's getting closer and more real every day. :)

Dh also said I should put Nov 17th on my calendar as unavailable. I asked why and he wouldn't tell me. I think he is planning a surprise for me. One last date or babymoon type thing before lo arrives! He's not the romantic, surprise me type of guy so this is pretty adorable and exciting. Can't wait to see what he has planned for us. :) Anyone else going on one last retreat or night out before baby comes?

Yes 33 weeks for me and Toothfairy today! whoot! whoot! :happydance:

Beautiful nursery photos, thanks for sharing!

ImSoTired you got so much stuff, how awesome!

I had my 2nd baby shower over the weekend. It was fine, got more stuff for baby. He couldn't possibly need anything else, except for bassinet. And we do have tons of gift cards! I realized how many clothing pieces he has, way more than me!!

My job surprised me with another baby shower today at work - making it baby shower number 3 for this lo! I got some nice, nice things (my boss is super sweet) and I now have a few duplicates that I need to take back to the store.

I did get a nice bag that I will use as my hospital bag, which I'm happy to say I can now start packing now that the festivities are over.

I've been feeling ok, same aches and pains. The latest ailment is charley horse leg cramps, which I've been getting while sleeping. Nothing like excruciating pain to wake you in the middle of the night. It's horrid! 4 more weeks and we're going to start working on techniques to get this one out!

aww Kelly thats so cute!! BTW how did shooting the wedding go? I can't believe you did that!!!

Blu - I have the leg cramps too and the only thing that seems to help me is to get out of bed and stand up (put weight on it).

I can't wait to meet her but I'm going to miss the thumps and wiggles. I'm also getting very freaked out about being a parent... I don't want to screw things up!! I also know there's going to be a lot of drama from our families (esp DH's) with random things... like us asking them to wash their hands or stay away when they're sick. They don't think it's a big deal to be around a newborn when you have a cold but I'm very freaked out now after taking out prepared childbirth class. The nurse teaching it said she was the same way until her 4 week old got a cold/fever and ended up needing a spinal tap, so she advised us to stay home as much as possible the first 8 weeks. Looks like we will be spending Xmas at home this year!

I am also getting leg cramps in the night too!

I agree with sigh too, I also was thinking to myself that I am going to miss being pregnant. It is such a special time having baby all to yourself. Feeling him move and squirm. This will be the last baby for me as I was 40 a couple of weeks ago. I'm really trying to cherish the last few weeks despite all the aches pains and tiredness!

Sigh: This last weekend's wedding was awful. It was just a bad wedding with grumpy people and it was completely unorganized. Plus I was feeling really tired and achy. But, the one the week before was awesome and I felt great. I only have two more weddings and then I am on maternity leave! Of course, I have mostly been second shooting so I have practically been on leave for a while now because I only work about one day a week. I'll just be happy to have no more shoots after Nov. 3rd and then I'm just editing until baby arrives.

Blu: I get those leg cramps too, have been since second tri. It's always my calves that cramp up and then it's sore for the rest of the day if that happens. If I am awake enough and feel one coming on, I just flex my toes toward my body and I can stop it. But sometimes, I can't feel it happening until it wakes me up in searing pain. My poor dh has been scared out of his wits several times when I've woken him up screaming, "OW OWW OWOW OWWW!!!" in the middle of the night.

I've had two charley horse's in my calf muscles myself lately. I used to get them all the time from work but I haden't had any in years. I think it was kelly who said try and point your toes toward your body, like jut out your heel and pull your toes toward you. This is the proper way to stop the pain. I know it's terrible but it must just be another symptom because we all seem to be getting them. I try to drink lots of OJ and water and eat bananas because I believe they say it's do to potassium depletion? I'm not 100% sure anymore but baby does draw things from our bodies so it makes sense that we would be lacking something during pregnancy. I'll be a honeydew tomorrow finally! Hooray!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Glad I'm not crazy and the only one experiencing this. DH was like, you just need to exercise. :saywhat: Who is exercising at 8 months?? Can't it just be another pregnancy problem, ughh. He drives me nuts sometimes.

Thanks for the advice ladies. I'll have to try it next time.

I think my belly had dropped ladies. It looks lower to me.

I'm getting all of baby's things washed this week and will pack my hospital bag this week.

My coworkers wife went in for her 36 week appointment - first time they're checking her cervix regularly and find out that she's 50% effaced and 1 cm dialted! Doc told her she would never make it to her due date, which is still 4 weeks away. I think it kind of put things in perspective for me... not much time left as I keep thinking. Still feel like I have things to do at work and home before I could ever go out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->