Calling all Watermelon's

They can stay with you if you're IN labour but if you've been incduced and are just on the ward waiting for things to happen they have to go home after visiting hours at the hospital here (uk) also once you've had baby if you're in for a day or two after a section possibly, then again they have to go after visiting hours. I was so scared when my OH left after I had our first daughter via emergency c-sec.

Xx

I will ask my hospital today when I go for the scan.

I think I had an eyeopener tonight; hardly managed any sleep last night and still had to wake up for work obviously this morning. This is what it will be like shortly. Im not looking forward to this part lol.

They cant stay at our hospital, have to leave at 8pm unless your in labour but there is a MW led unit 40minutes down the road where your OH can stay with you overnight because everybody gets a private room.

Its part of the reason we want a home birth this time, its a daft idea who ever come up with it.

Im in the delivery suit due to being high risk so I think we get a room each aswell. hmmmmm definately asking this question when I get there.

work is majorly stressful!!!! trying to cram a full day into 1/2 a day for this hospital appointment and I have 4 deadlines to complete by 1.30! ekkkk...... better get off here lol

Has anyone else been shocked by the price of disposable nappies? My son is cloth nappied and we do have lots of nb ones for the baby but thought we would still grab a pack or two of sposies for just incase. A tiny pack of pampers cost a fiver!

Yes, this is too why I chose the hospital that's about 25 minutes away from me because it's all private suites so my DH can stay with me without issue. The other hospital that is 10 mins away doesn't have private rooms - only for labor.

And yes, diapers are so expensive!

I'm not sure if our hospital will allow DH to stay with me or not. I'd think he can because our hospital is pretty progressive and doesn't really have 'set' visiting hours that I know of as we walk in and out whenever we need to visit someone. Also DH does a lot of work there and can get in and out at any time a he has keycards and whatnot. I think if I really want him there it won't be an issue. It's not something I'm going to worry myself about now. I have plenty else to worry about at the moment anyway.

Hope everyone is doing well today.

I think we have the same rules, if im in labour obviously he will be there but if im not and just waiting around or after labour then he will have to leave and come back in visiting times.

Had the scan. Got a great photo (for a 2D scan) of babies face! Great news; we wont have to worry about the bowel anymore :) and they have said no more scans but I will still be under consultant care. so happy :)

As for nappies they are sooo expensive when you think about it. I have been stocking up at asda events. I think amazon do nappies too so check there. But apparently aldi's own brand and asda's own brand are meant to be good. Once I get through all these huggies Ill give them a go aswell.

Attachments

• 564120_528983847839_2008196570_n.jpeg
    564120_528983847839_2008196570_n.jpeg
    13.8 KB · Views: 3
Yay nicki!!!!!! That's amazing news! I was waiting for you to post again. Really pleased and the photo is great!! Hope you can enjoy the next few wks xx

Nicki, so happy for you and bubs. Glad your lo is doing well. :)

Thanks everyone :) I think both me and my OH were more stressed about the whole thing than we thought we were.... we both crashed on the sofa when we got home and i woke up 2 hours later. So relieved.

On another note im really struggling to sleep at night, obviously I try not to sleep on my right hand side but I feel like I have bruised my rib cage on my left hand side. Its so tender to lie on and touch but I have no idea how i could have hurt it. I havent done anything. :(

I can't believe either that in 2 weeks Ill be working my last day at work. MADNESS!

Love that scan photo Nicki and so pleased to hear baby is doing well! :happydance:

I'm 35 weeks today and had midwife appointment, baby is 2/5ths engaged!! Now I know this doesn't necessarily mean anything and baby could stay this way for weeks now but yikes!! With my first I wasnt 2/5ths engaged until 39 weeks.

Hi Ladies! I hope everyone is doing great! Im doing well right now, trying to rest today after fiinishing my work week in three days! Im excited about this weekend! We have our maternity pictures scheduled for saturday morning with one of my best friends. She emailed me this morning and told me to bring my favorite sonogram picture, favorite baby outfit/shoes, and any ideas that i had. Any idea how hard it is to pick a favorite of either of those? Plus i have to figure out what me and the DH are going to wear. I think she is planning to take pictures at both the old train depot (i love this place) and one of the outdoor nature walks. Hopefully the weather will cooperate, because the leaves are changing and the fall colors should make for beautiful pictures.
What does everyone else have going on this weekend?

yay Hopeful! Sounds like you guys will get some adorable photos from your session. Be sure to share some here when you get them back. I have my maternity shoot scheduled for Nov. 5th. I can't wait!!

I have to shoot a wedding this weekend and it's going to be an overnight stay in a hotel because it's out of town. Not really looking forward to it but I only have this one and one more next weekend and them I'm officially done with shooting weddings until the spring!

yayy Nicki - so happy for you! :happydance:

hopeful - I'm doing mine on Saturday too if the weather cooperates. DH and I are photographers and are letting a friend who is building his portfolio take them. I hope they turn out well... I don't like getting my picture taken lol.

How are you ladies feeling today?

Girls I have 2 part time jobs and I have just finished one of them for maternity. I finish the other on wednesday next week. I have been looking forward to this for months and now I am home and feel actually quite flat. I am suddenly scared of the changes that are coming my way. Reality has hit hard and I feel weird???

I'm so jealous! I haven't scheduled a maternity shoot. Not sure if I want one, I thought I would in the beginning but I don't know now. You girls are making me think twice!

I can't wait until I'm done with work, but it will most likely be my due date! I don't want to use of my vacation and personal time before baby because I don't know how much I'll need afterwards for docs appointments, baby emergencies etc.

I had my doc appointment today and all was well. I dropped off my FMLA paperwork so it will be ready at my next appointment in 2 weeks. I also registered at the hospital today - I saw her print out the little hospital bands and all! Made it feel real!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->