Calling all Watermelon's

Ladies I am now officially on maternity leave! Just finished work for the last time and very emotional!! I am scared now! What have I done????!!

Well that was a "fun" hurricane. Luckily we have power and didn't have much damage. imsotired - did you get hit and are you ok?

I've been having a lot of contractions the last few days and stabbing pains in my cervix. Hope I last until 12/1 atleast!!

Ugg we lost power on Mon night and it was out for 23 hrs:dohh:. Our phone and internet was also out for over 12 hours. Luckily DH had a generator from work so we got to keep out fridge and heat plugged going as well as the pump for the bit of water we get in the basement. So we were ok. I'm also watching my parents house because they are away which made me a nervous wreck as they get a lot of water in their basement and we have to go the long way there due to construction on my road. I was afraid we wouldn't get their with the wind and the rain but luckily we did and they never lost power so their pump ran and their basement didn't flood. There are some downed trees here and there but no real damage. I've seen worse thunderstorms to be honest. We obviously didn't get the brunt of it. Thanks for asking sigh!

Other than that mess everything seems ok. Baby is moving around quite a bit. I haven't been getting a lot of contractions but I am feeling the stabbing in my cervix and a lot of cervical/pelvic pressure. Sometime when I stand up it literally feels like baby will fall out and I get that awful pain in my girly area. My belly is also a bit sore from all the stretching and my belly button looks like it may pop! I don't look like baby has dropped at all but her head it definately in my pelvis area. I wonder if she still moves up because I still get a bit of rib pain from time to time like as I type right now. I can't wait to see if she drops and my belly gets low. I'm truly hoping she comes a week or two early. I am not a happy pregnant woman!

Hope everyone is well!

Haha.... toothfairy you just made me giggle. Im going through the same thought process; I have 1 week left to go (but im actually out of the office alot so it doesnt seem that much at all) and im starting to think ekk what will i come back too, will my temp replacement be better than me, what will i do with myself if he comes late.... i have 3 weeks off before the due date. Im not one to just relax.

My getting spoilt tonight; my OH came through for me- got me the theatre tickets though it was touch and go as he didnt buy tickets when i said and instead he had to relay on contacts in the business. But alls well that ends well. Blood Brothers here I come!

I still have no BH's or back pain. My hip was extremely bad last night. OH ended up on the floor as I took up the whole sofa pretty much. bless him! Apart from that and movement.... I feel fine.

Had a very busy day yesterday as it was my little mans 2nd birthday, we took him to a local wildlife park which he loved. I was fine all day, but woke up with a bad tummy in the night which took until the middle of today to go off :(
We have also been very busy today as OH is on holiday this week, we have been spring cleaning the house. As its halloween we have made pumpkin soup today(so yummy!) and OH is currently doing pumpkin carving with our little man.
The MW is supposed to be coming out this weekend to do our 36week/homebirth check, i was shocked yesterday to realise we are full term next week!

Argh I was stressing last night that we wont going to get the house clean and tidy for the mw check at the weekend then i get a phonecall this morning saying they are coming this afternoon!!!

I'm just hoping she doesnt ask to see the babys stuff or asks where it is as its still in the loft.

I have 3 weeks left at work - but had a little bit of holiday left over so its actually only 12 days in the office. Im really struggling now and the babies movements are SO strong now that im uncomfortable from about 4 in the afternoon until im trying to sleep at night! Still, I wont complain too much - id rather feel him than not!

I know what you mean about 'what have i done' toothfairy - im starting to feel a little bit scared now! I turned the TV over last night to a woman giving birth and I just burst into tears. so emotional now coupled with feeling frightened about the labour and generally everything afterwards as well as being exhausted! Still, its exciting and I cant wait for it all to happen! x

p.s - for most of us we can officially say we meet our babies next month!! yippeee! x

It's even scarier saying I'm due this month!! Almost next month though and I'm under no illusion this baby will come on time. Hope this last month flies over for us all.

Good Morning Ladies,

Woohoo! Babies due next month! Hoping he will end up being a November baby though - he's got a week and 5 days before I start trying eviction techniques to get him out!

I got a call from the doctor's office to tell me that although they thought I had a UTI last week and gave me antibiotics that the culture came back negative so I didn't have one after all. Thanks for letting me know after I've taken medicine that I didn't need for a whole week! :doh:

I am so ready to be done with work it's ridiculous! Too bad I'll be going up until I'm due

I had this weird pain last night and I don't know what it was. It hurt like crap all over my stomach. I think my stomach went tight but I'm not quite sure - I was so in shock from the pain. I had a few concentrated versions of this (in random sections of my tummy) as I was asleep last night too but not nearly as bad as the first time. Anyone else experience this or know what it is?

Blu I had a few of those as well. I'm not sure what it was but I'm thinking it's some kind of contraction because I'm not sure what else it could be. I'm hoping it's a good sign that baby will be born in a few weeks and my body is practicing. Can't be sure though as this is my first. I have an awful nervous feeling today. I'm not sure why but hope it goes away soon!

Blu I am having those too and usually through the night they wake me up. Like a sharp stitch pain

Just realized I'm 35 weeks today and my ticker says I have 35 days to go! Unbelievable! I better get a move on, gotta get things done!

Blu - I'm getting those occassionally too and asked my dr. She said its probably a stronger form of BH and basically said its my body's natural way of prepping me for the real thing. I'm trying not to think about the actual labor part. eek.

I hope I last until Dec! Are you ladies in nesting mode? I've been walking around with a planner/todo list! This week's mission - pick a diaper bag and finish her wall decal!

I am well an truly in nesting mode. DS's room has never been so clean and tidy. Running out of jobs to do round the house though so taken to working on my wedding planning, not such a bad thing really since I only have 5 n a bit months x

Im getting into nesting mode now- plus im off for 6 days so lots of free time. I washed a bunch of clothes today, and made me a huge list of stuff to start on. Going shopping tomorrow and then have a baby shower on sunday! Hopefully we really will be able to get the trim work for her room this weekend and have a ready to decorate nursery next weekend!

So our hb assesment went well and we are full term next week so from midnight wednesday we are good to go for a hb when baby decides to make an appereance.
Good news as well is that although bump is still measuring slightly small baby appears to have had a growth spurt and my bump has grown 4cm since last week!
We discussed labour etc and the mw is expecting this to be a quick and easy birth so I hope she hasnt jinxed it for us now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->