Calling all Watermelon's

Happy all is well Nicki!

Good luck with your photo shoots girls!

I'll not be going the photo shoot route. Although I think they are adorable I HATE getting my pic taken. I have enough bump pics that that's enough for me until baby is born where I will surely have to have a few pics of me and baby taken. I also had my appt today and everything lookes great except that I have gained 25 lbs so far:wacko:. Doctor didn't say anything but it upsets me anyway. In 2 weeks I have a pelvic exam to check for any changes in my cervix or anything, a group b step culture, and paper to sign (probably admittance papers, etc). After that I will have weekly appts until baby comes! I can't believe it's so close already but I can't wait to meet baby! Now if I can get my CHristmas shopping done before she comes I'll be all set!

Hope you're all doing well!

Photo wise we have a dslr so i'm getting oh to take some photos for us, would love professional ones but cant justify the expense.

imsotired - 25 lbs is great! I'm up 28 and the doc told me that was good.

toothfairy - i'm def starting to feel anxious and weird. This is our first so I have no idea what to expect and can't believe I'm going to be a mom. A little freaked out...

I finally started (sort of) packing my overnight bag. So much left to do! I'm also making a list of stuff I'll need after so I don't have to run around or send DH out... newborn diapers, wipes, heavy flow pads, stool softner, motrin, bra pads, lansinoh... not sure if I left anything out.

I would love some photos of bump but to be honest I dont like photos of myself on the walls lol. I had some taken about 5 years ago and they have stayed in their envelope so a wasted £150.

well done on starting your hospital bag lol. Just a thought for those using their birthing ball, are you deflating it and pumping it up there, will your hospital provide one, or will you be taking your own from home blown up already?

Luckily since I am a photographer I happen to have lots of photographer friends and my good friend with I Heart Photography has offered to do mine for free in exchange for babysitting her little one. She's so talented, I can't wait to see what we get. I plan on putting some prints up in the nursery so our lo can see pics of his mommy and daddy around the room.

I have almost finished the nursery! Here are some photos: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.780783711676.2068984.65502381&type=1&l=37fee5c0e2

Tell me if this link works. I just posted them to my facebook but haven't blogged them yet since we aren't quite finished decorating.

Kelly! It's so cute!! We're doing owls/birds too :) I love elephants so I'm trying to get a few in there as well. DH cleaned the carpet this week so all thats left is to figure out the crib bedding/mobile situation, get a small bookcase, find another lamp and find some art for over the crib and changing table. I'll post a pic when we're done (hopefully in the next 2 weeks!)

Thanks Sigh! Most of it is DIY like the name plate and owl photo pins. I found everything used, crib, dresser, rocker, etc. I think we spent about $120 or so on the whole room. And my mother gave us $100 towards it so we made out pretty darn well! I got the dresser for free off of Craigslist, the crib and rocker for $30 each off CL as well, the nightstand for $7 off CL. I covered an old lamp I found outside with owl material and it works great. So far, the most expensive part was the paint. :happydance: I've had a blast decorating so far. Can't wait to put up some more art work and photos.

Are maternity shoots a new thing?! Ive never heard of them! Not sure Id want one. candid shots of me, husband and baby when hes born will suffice!

Ive got the opposite problem of where Ive been worried i havent put on enough weight. I had put on 11lb and then last week I lost a lb. I've been stressed and tired at work, going round the country which doesnt finish til next week so I guess that would be contributing! THe midwife hasnt commented it on my weight but then I was slightly overweight to begin with so Ive probably just balanced myself out!

contrary, I was still a little over weight when I got pregnant also so that's why I'm so worried that I've hit the 25lb mark:wacko:. Hoping it'll all come off in good time after baby arrives.

KellyM your nursery is beautiful. Like sigh we have done the owl bedding as well and I think it is adorable. I have ordered my rocking chair and we still need to get the toy box but ours is coming along. We have to hang up some stuff on the wall but then it should be finished. I'm hoping it'll be done with plenty of time left until baby arrives.

Sigh I went and picked up a bunch of that stuff when I began packing my hospital bag and I also bought myself lots of sweatpants and pjs to wear around the house during recovery as we'll have plenty of visitors and I don't want them to see my junky house clothes. I picked up 1 pack of heavy flow pads but I'll probably pick up another or two so hubby won't have to go pick them up as he's not too good at that sort of thing. We have 1 pack of newborn diapers and some sensitive wipes and I have breast pads(disposable and washable) and some nipple cream. I also have a breast pump should I need it and bottles and back up small can of formula in case for some reason breastfeeding doesn't go well. Our bags are packed except for a few small items I have to go out and get. Our car seat base is installed in the car and everything we need to take is piled together. When I think about it, we are really ahead of the game but I still feel so anxious and confused and just like it's not good enough yet. Perhaps it's the nesting really kicking in(or maybe even my OCD:dohh:) that I just want everything perfect and ready to go before I can relax. So with the few trips I still need to make to have everything finished and christmas shopping that still needs to be done, I don't know if I'll ever feel prepared! It's quite scary and being a first time mom, although I definately know how to deal with infants having worked with them for years, I'm still terrified of having one of my own suddenly.

Sorry so long....Hope everyone else is well today!

We have still done nothing for the new babys arrival. I think its more exciting with your first and you want to be well prepared whereas after that it doesnt seem to matter as much as long as baby will be fed, clean and warm. Its probably a lot different for us too as DS is still only a toddler so a lot of what he uses baby will use too.
This pregnancy is going so fast and I still dont feel ready for it, DS seems to be getting to a bit of an awkward stage and OH works 6days a week so i'm on my own most of the time and I'm really starting to worry how I'm going to manage a baby and a toddler on my own all the time.

So im having an off day today- got some disturbing news in the mail today. We have been playing catch up for a while now and are getting close to being caught up. The mortage company sent us a letter saying that we need to pay them the rest to catch up or foreclosure proceeding will start. I have sent them a payment everytime i have gotten paid. Im so stressed out about it. Im sure we will figure it out as the DH work has finally picked up and we should be getting nice paychecks from now on. On top of that my back and abdomen are killing me today, which makes no sense as i havent done anything out of the ordinary. I was hoping that we would be able to get the crown molding and baseboards for the nursery this week and make another payment when i get paid next week, but i think we will have to push the nursery back some more. It is really freaking me out that the nursery isnt finished and i cant start putting stuff up yet. We only have 7 weeks left (and thats if she decides to stay put until her due date). I made the list of stuff for my hospital bag and bought a few things a while back, but im not prepared in the least for that either. I guess i need to get busy. Hopefully things will start looking up soon. Im thinking that once we finish the nursery enough that i can start decorating and organizing- the nesting will really kick in and it wont take long to do.

Hopeful so sorry you have to deal with that stress when baby is on her way. I'm sure that with your dh's paycheck coming in you'll be able to get it all taken care of. I know I'm also super stressed about money with winter coming and christmas on it's way then baby bills as well. It's not an easy time for any of us and it's so hard to feel organised and prepared regarless of how much we have done. I know DH and I have gotten a lot done as far as baby goes but I still can't get rid of this feeling that I need to do more. And the bills that are coming are really going to hurt us but DH said to me the other day, during one of my many hormonal crying fits, that we knew coming into this that money was going to be tight and we were going to be stressed. He was right, however knowing doesn't make it any more less stressful. Just hang in there and know that we are all stressed as well and you aren't alone!

Hopeful I am sorry you are having a hard time. Don't forget.... When baby comes all it will care about looking will be straight up at mummy. Eyes filled with love! Baby will not care if the nursery isn't finished bang on time and some things have to wait. A happy smiling mummy is all that it needs x x x x

Is feeling better about the money situation today! I know we will get it figured out, plus i just realized that i work tomorrow and monday, im off tuesday, and work wednesday. After wednesday i have 6 days off and plenty to do. I have a doctors appt on friday with a girls day after it (mom, aunts, and grandmother are going to a Christmas craft fair), another baby shower on sunday, and then two days to sort through all baby stuff and make a list of what we still need. We had our maternity pictures done today and i already have a couple of them back. ill try to upload in a minute.
Is anybody else really hurting now? My abdomen and belly feel like i just finished a couple hundred crunches. It hurts to move, it hurts when i lay on my side, its miserable. I think its just because she is running out of room now, but man this sucks.

Here's my favorite maternity picture so far!:happydance: Ill post a link to some others once i upload all of them to facebook!

Attachments

• marci 056.jpg
    marci 056.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 6
Glad you are feeling better hopeful. You'll get it all sorted. :)

I just got back from an overnight wedding gig and I'm pretty exhausted. We drove 3 hours and shot all day and night, crashed in a hotel around 12:30 am and then slept until 11 am! It felt like 5 am when I got up, I was still so tired. Luckily, when I got home my husband had cleaned the house, organized our shed and had dinner cooking in the crock pot. Thank god my last wedding is this Saturday and then I don't have to shoot anymore until spring. It KILLS my back, I'm far too pregnant to be on my feet for that long, bending over constantly. So happy to be home. How was your weekend ladies?

So i think i have finally realized what the doctor meant when he said that i was fine to keep working but to stop doing things as they become uncomfortable. Yesterday i was one of the Level One (critical care) nurses in the emergency room. That section of my beloved job scares the hell out me! I had a great day up until 5pm when they brought in a woman who was a mess (we also call them train wrecks). We couldnt get her to stop seizing! I ended up working two hours over, having multiple nurses in the room helping with her, including the assistant director of the department. I still ended up having to pull on her, push the stretcher to the CT scanner, and pull her back. I started hurting before i even got home and it hasnt stopped yet! No more pulling on patients for me!!! I even requested that i be put with the little kids tomorrow in order to give my back a break. Hopefully i wont regret that decision. How is everyone else doing? Anybody have anything exciting over the weekend or any big plans for this coming weekend?

Well that was a "fun" hurricane. Luckily we have power and didn't have much damage. imsotired - did you get hit and are you ok?

I've been having a lot of contractions the last few days and stabbing pains in my cervix. Hope I last until 12/1 atleast!!

Wow, hopeful that sounds like a crazy job! I finally reached the point where I cannot shoot anymore. Thankfully my last wedding is this weekend and then NO MORE until spring! :)

Sigh, glad you guys are ok and made it through the storm. I have family that lives on Long Island so I've been following closely. It's a doozy!

I'm 34 weeks today, yay!!! At first I really wanted December to just be here already but lately I have been really starting to relish my time with just me and my dh, knowing things are about to get crazy. I'm uncomfortable physically but looking forward to spending as much alone time with dh, going on little dates and enjoying the quiet. Before, I was in such a hurry but for some reason I'm not in a hurry AT ALL anymore. Although still extremely excited to meet our lo soon. :)

Ahh less than a month until my due date... When did it get so close?
Hope all you American ladies are safe and well over there, I'm no good with names of places so not sure wether any of you are anywhere near the suffering areas but hope all is ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->