Calling all Watermelon's

pleased it all went well Cookie! Hope baby lets you have your quick and easy homebirth :happydance:

great news cookie :)

I am too in nesting mode. I have one week left of work but Im planning a day of cooking the day after, stews, cassaroles, chilli, lasange....anything I can think off to precook and whack in the freezer so when baby arrives I dont hav eto worry about cooking. My OH cant cook anything decent and with BF i want to ensure Im still eating healthy.

Today I am washing lots of babies clothes and trying to finish my xmas shopping.

I ordered the mattress for the cot bed yesterday :)

Nicki that's a brilliant idea! I think I'll do that too. I am worried about not being able to cook when lo arrives and we can't afford to order food often plus it's not healthy so making up a bunch of stuff ahead of time and freezing it will be an awesome thing. Plus it will give me something to do during my maternity leave before baby gets here. :)

So glad I'm not crazy and making those pains up. Seems like we're all at the stage where that is common.

Great news cookie!

Happy 35 weeks ImSoTired

Still feels like I have a million things to do as well but I think it's more of a feeling than things that actually need to be done. Nursery is all set to go, baby bag packed, we have most everything we need. The only thing I need to do is pack my bag and find a pediatrician. I've even already registered at the hospital for the birth, filled out all of my paperwork for my job, completed the forms for his circumcision and birth certificate. Just waiting on my sweet little boy now - [-o< he comes at 37 weeks!

Thanks Blu! Wow we're all getting more and more prepared! I have 4/5 more people to buy for Christmas, so not bad at all. I'll surely be done by the time baby plans to arrive unless she makes a surprise extra early apprearance. Her room is pretty much finished, she has tons of clothes and diapers. I have all the necessities. Our bags are packed and I'm just waiting because my grandmother and my aunt have supposedly bought her a coming home outfit as they didn't like my choice, lol. Next week is my appt is my pelvic exam and paperwork for the hospital and such so I'll be prepared for all of that as well. I'm sure as the weeks go on I'll be going more and more crazy with the cleaning the house and stocking up on food. I feel like I want it all done NOW but I know that's just not practical. I will surely be keeping busy until she pops out.

Last night baby was kicking and rolling around so strongly that Dh could feel the bed move. It has actually begun to get sore and take my breath away when she does it.I was so uncomfortable. This morning she is much more gentle though so I'm thankful for that for now.

Hope everyone is well!

Hey ladies - I thought I'd share my pack list (for me, DH and baby) and my to buy beforehand list. Feel free to add stuff (not sure If I have everything on there). I hope this helps someone!

Hospital Pack List
You
* Hair ties / bobby pins
* Hair headbands
* Wear home outfit (for in hospital family pictures and to wear home)
* 1-2 nursing bras
* 2 pair undies
* flip flops for the shower
* socks (1 warm pair, 1 thinner pair, 1 anti slip pair)
* slippers (to wear to the bathroom and in the hallway)
* plastic bags (to put dirty clothes)
* Makeup (incase you're taking in hospital pictures)
* Lotion (something that smells nice to calm you)
* Toothbrush / toothpaste / floss/ mouthwash
* Q-tips
* Body wash/soap, face wash
* Shampoo/conditioner/ Hairspray
* hair brush
* glasses, contact case/fluid, extra contact lenses
* Deodorant
* chapstick
* 2 pillows from home (so you and DH are comfy!)
* blanket from home (I heard the hospital blankets aren't very warm)
* nursing pads (not sure if you need this in hospital but I threw in a few just incase)
* nipple cream (not sure if you need this in hospital but packed it just incase)
* dark pajamas (I packed a navy blue sleep shirt, incase people come visit)
* Robe (for walking the halls of the hospital)
* Something for labor massage (I packed new tennis balls)
* Oil for labor massage
* Insurance card and ID
* Camera, memory cards and charger
* Video camera and charger
* Cell phone charger
* Something to access the internet (laptop etc)
* Reading materials or something to keep you distracted
* pack of playing cards
* breast pump (our hospital has a lactation consultant who will show you how to use it)
* Boppy breastfeeding pillow
* sour candies (heard they're good during labor pains)
* Mints (incase of nausea)
* keepsake present for DH (i'm getting him an engraved picture frame)
DH
* Pjs
* Day outfits (if he isnt going home while you're in the hospital)
* other clothing (undershirts, boxers, warm sweatshirt)
* socks
* toothbrush
* snacks
* razor/shaving cream
* Reading materials, something to access the internet
Baby
* Car seat!
* blankets (I packed 2 receiving blankets, 1 medium blanket, and 1 thick blanket)
* 2 burp cloths (incase of puke!)
* Outfit to wear for in hospital pictures
* Take home outfit
* socks, booties
* baby book (incase you want ink hand foot prints etc)

Stuff to buy before hand so you don't have to run out.
* Diapers, diapers and diapers.
* Wipes
* Overnight/heavy flow pads
* Nipple cream
* Nursing pads
* stool softener
* Witch hazel pads (for hemorrhoids)
* Groceries/food

We finally got babys stuff down from the loft today and started washing it all-hard to believe something so teeny is going to be wearing it soon.
Tomorrow we are going to visit OH's mum who lives about an hour and a half away from us and I was wondering if we should pack and take a basic hospital bag with us just incase? We are staying there overnight and if this labour is as fast as my first i dont think we would get home in time if anything did kick off.

Sigh, so happy you wrote that list. I have all of the same stuff packed in my bag that my bag barely closes:haha:. I was however wondering if I were missing anything for my first days at home post partum. Stool softener and witch hazel pads, huh? See being a ftm I'm not 100% sure what I'll need. I bought a ton of sweat pants and comfy jammies, breast pads,heavy overnight pads, nipple shield, nipple cream, and pump but I had no idea about the stool softener or hemorrhoids wipes or whatever. I have actually been trying to get some answers from some women who have already had babies on another thread. I will consider these things when I go to the store next time just in case. It's better to be safe than sorry surely and I know I'll be in pain and tired for the first few weeks and it'll be best not to have to leave the house especially with a newborn. And I'd hate to have to send DH out everytime I need anything because it'll take away from his bonding with me and the baby while he has the time off. If anyone knows of any other secret items a ftm might not know about, please, do tell!

Thanks again, Sigh!

I found it difficult to to the loo after my DS was born so lactalose was a must for me.Also lots of pain relief!

Morning honeydews! Think I might pack my back finally today!!!!! I've just gone to my last box of my ticker today!!! :).

arghhh last box?! this pregnancy has flown over!

Packing my bag is my job for tomorrow, I will get it done!

Im gonna finish shopping for my bag today and then it will be packed. Our princess's bag will have to wait until next week as her bag is currently being monogrammed. I also plan to go through some of the baby stuff and put up the larger sizes of clothes that we wont be using for awhile. Trying to get ready!

Morning ladies!

I went to the store last night and got more items for my bag. DH couldn't believe the things I wanted to get. I don't have everything but at least I made some progress.

Ahh Toothfairy! If you're in the last box, that means I am too! Wow!!! :dance:

It's been a long week at work and I'm still working through tonight - the life of an event planner! It's my last huge event before I go out on maternity leave in a month or so. None of my other events are quite as big or require me to run around as much as this one. Soo looking forward to the end of this day! 31 days until my due date :happydance:

Well done Toothfairy :thumbup:
I planned to go shopping for the last of my stuff for my bag today but I have a UTI and my antibiotics have just drained me of energy so I've had quite an unsuccessful day :dohh:

Oh you ladies are so on top of it with your bags. I'm not even close.

Had my last wedding today!! Yay!!! I didn't know if I was going to make it. I was having strong braxton hicks all day yesterday and today. So glad I am done shooting because I feel like I was about to send myself into early labor with all that physical work. My back is in terrible shape after all this. Can't wait for my massage I have booked! So happy to be on leave!!! :)

Hello girls!

Is anyone else feeling really run down and exhausted now? It seems to have really hit me this last week. I feel like all I want to do is lie down and sleep? I have no energy at all and feel quite sicky and generally ill but can't put my finger on why? Am so uncomfortable too. Feels like no space left and baby is definitely squashing digestive system as I have the runs most days! Am just suddenly feeling rough and fed up. Have had enough now!

I finally went into nesting mode yesterday! its been so hard as we are living with my parents at the moment so we dont actually have a nursery. Still, we had all the stuff in the baby room and now its sorted. The only thing thats a shame is that my dad didnt want to know the sex of the baby; but he was helping me tidy things away/put shelves up etc and a box from my surprise baby shower fell down and the lid fell off...it had all the blue bits in there that we were trying to keep secret!!!
Its a lot easier now, no more secrets and hiding blue items!

Feeling mega uncomfortable now, I cant go a sentence without getting out of breath, and I keep waking upat 4am and not being able to get back to sleep :( 3 more weeks of work (although technically 12 days) but that seems like forever......!!!

Happy 35 weeks Kelly! Sorry to hear the secret got out but at least you can focus on getting ready for baby without having to hide things.

Toothfairy I am definitely feeling run down as of late. I told DH he's going to have to start going out without me. I get so tired easily and feel like I'm slowing him down.

I use the handicapped automatic stroller things in the grocery stores now because I don't have the energy to walk up and down the isles for groceries and such. I almost got into a fight with a lady over one on Saturday. I'd sent DH looking all around the store for one and when we found one and I got on it, this lady walked up to me and said, that's just what I've been looking for, I hope it's charged! I guess she thought I'd get up but nope. I pushed the pedal down, took off and DH went to make groceries. :haha:

Counting down - 29 days until due date! 36 weeks tomorrow! :happydance:

We finally got the trim work for the nursery today, so im going to enjoy the great fall/cool weather here and paint it outside. I had another baby shower yesterday that went great! I got lots of stuff. I finally got my stroller and car seat from my dad and step mom- so thats a big relief. I also got a bouncer, bunches of diapers and wipes, a jumperoo thing, and a beautiful wreath to go on the hospital door (my mom made it of course)!
In other news, Im hurting today and cant figure out why. Its a constant ache in my lower abdomen that mostly feels like period cramps. It hurts! It started about an hour ago when we were out buying the trim work and really hasnt stopped. Any ideas what it could be or if i should be worried? Miss priss has been moving fine all morning- she was kicking and punching alot earlier. I think im gonna try resting a little while before trying to paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->