Calling all Watermelon's

Anyone else had the strep b test yet?

I had this done at my last midwife appointment. Luckily, she gave me the swab, told me how to use it, and then let me do the swab by myself in the privacy of a bathroom. I assumed that she would be doing it when I went in for the appointment, but I was more than happy to do it myself, all things considered.

Does anyone know their strep b status yet? It's been about a week since I took the test and I haven't heard anything about it one way or the other. I guess she'll tell me at my next appointment.

I must be one of the few people who doesn't want the baby to come out early (or right on time)! I'm totally okay going 41 weeks, and I know 41+1 weeks is the average for first-time full-term pregnancies, so I'm definitely not getting my heart set on December 5 being the magic day or anything. I'm 36 weeks, and there are times when I feel a little uncomfortable but for the most part I'm good. The midwife hasn't done any internal exams to check for dilation -- I'd honestly be surprised if she did. And I know I would be freaking out (and not in a good way) if I found out I was already a little dilated and effaced at this point!

Mostly, I want the baby to be totally done baking before he or she comes out, and I'd feel a lot more comfortable that the baby was as healthy as he or she could be if he or she came around 40-42 weeks than 37-39. But another huge part is that DH is doing a lot of travel around the baby's due date -- luckily he has a break where he will home with no travel requirements for a week and a half immediately after the 5th. I won't be doing anything to try to encourage baby to come before 40 weeks, but after the 5th, I'll proably start trying some things to encourage the baby to come out before 42 weeks, when DH will be back on the road again for work.

I dont when 2nd babys usually arrive but i'm happy for this one to stay put as long as it doesnt go to induction-i'm hoping to spoil my little man for as long as possible.

I think baby will go overdue....but having not dtd in AAAAAAGES I am willing to use any excuse to jump into bed with my hubby lol.

first day of maternity leave was bust. I have been waiting all day for a delivery and "apparently" they tried to deliver it this morning....when i was awake....when i was up....they must have been the quietest delivery men in the world as the dogs didnt bark once. I checked the website aswell and they could deliver up to 9pm so I have stayed in all day and cancelled my plans for tonight. So annoyed.

How is everyone today? x

Doc did strep b test yesterday but didn't say when the results would be back. Silly me didn't ask either :dohh:

I don't want baby to come early either! I wouldn't be too worried if he came around 37 weeks but 40 weeks would be perfect! I had a horrible dream last night he was born at 35 weeks and no one in the hospital would help me to check on him and see if he was alive because I didn't know if he was ok for some reason. It was a weird dream because my baby was actually a bundle of sticks but it was still my baby. Hard to explain but I had to run into the hospital screaming and crying for anyone to help me and the nurse was just rude back to me. I woke up so scared! Good thing baby started jumping around right after I woke up because it made me worry about him. :(

I don't want baby to come early either! I wouldn't be too worried if he came around 37 weeks but 40 weeks would be perfect! I had a horrible dream last night he was born at 35 weeks and no one in the hospital would help me to check on him and see if he was alive because I didn't know if he was ok for some reason. It was a weird dream because my baby was actually a bundle of sticks but it was still my baby. Hard to explain but I had to run into the hospital screaming and crying for anyone to help me and the nurse was just rude back to me. I woke up so scared! Good thing baby started jumping around right after I woke up because it made me worry about him. :(

OMG i've been having weird baby dreams too! I dreamed i was poking my belly like i normally do and she just popped out with a GIANT head and tiny body. I had another dream where she had a spot over her eye like a puppy. I've also had a few dreams where I'm in a coma for the birth and I end up crying in my sleep. I'm another one that is hoping for a due date baby. My sister had hers at 35 weeks with no issues so If she were to come VERY early im sure everything would be ok... but I want a December baby and as much time with DH as possible before the sleepless nights start :)

Oh Sigh, don't even get me started! I have had a lot of weird breastfeeding dreams. One in particular where I was breastfeeding a puppy with scary sharp teeth but felt this motherly urge to feed it because it was my duty and no one else thought it was weird that I was breastfeeding a puppy. Hormones and anxiety will make you dream some crazy stuff! Most of it for me are real worries that I have. I'm kind of nervous about breastfeeding so I have dreams about it a lot.

EEEWWWW!!! Just discovered my dog has fleas (despite all the flea medications we keep him on). Fleas are so bad here in Austin and it's been exceptionally warm still so they somehow got on him and I'm pretty sure that means our apartment is now infested. I'm so grossed out I wanna take a million showers and get rid of the dog. The crappy part is I probably won't be able to have the apartment guys flea bomb the place until Monday since they don't do work on the weekends. I just can't stand the thought of bringing baby home to our place right now. I have always been a dog person but since becoming pregnant, he just annoys me and grosses me out and I hate to say it but don't really even want a dog anymore (he's my husband's dog. My dog just passed away in July). :sick::sick::sick:

I'm the same with our dog at the minute Kelly! I don't dislike him I just get annoyed when he is constantly under my feet or trying to jump up and sit on the couch with me, he's not a small dog and has never been allowed to do this so I have no idea why he has started trying his luck now!

Just been for a stroll around town, I think I only walked for 40minutes at a reasonably slow pace and I had to get in the car and come home, bump was so tight and felt like baby was goin to fall out the bottom of me or I was going to wee myself or something. Got home and sat down and having terrible braxton hix and I'm so shaky and feel sick. No idea what brought that on I was fine walking yesterday! X

dawn dishwashing soap did wonders for our dog when he had fleas as a puppy. We use it as his normal bath soap now. I hope you both get rid of them soon!

It's weird that you mentioned that Jess because our dog has become super clingy to me too!! It's cute at times but annoying at 5 am when he comes to my side of the bed and whimpers because he wants to sleep next to me. We usually don't let him come up but I just want to sleep so he's snuggled up next to me in the mornings. Maybe they can sense the pregnancy and are trying to make us feel better?

Everyone else says their dogs can tell something is about to happen but our dog has always been super whiny and clingy so nothing has changed here. I don't think he has any idea what's about to happen. When I babysit my friend's little boy he freaks out all day, whines literally the entire time and gets super jealous and anxious around the baby. I'm so not looking forward to his behavior. I feel bad because the only way to get him to leave you alone is to yell at him or shut him in another room and I don't want to yell around the baby.

Ugg! The people whom we bought the house from had a dog and had recently taken in a stray cat with fleas so our house was infested when we moved in. We had no clue until I sat on the floor and noticed a bunch of little bugs on me. I was covered in bites the year we moved in. It took us weeks to get rid of them all. Luckily I had left my dog at my parent's house until I was settled so she didn't get them. She has not been clingy to me at all. In fact she'd rather DH over me nowadays. She is quite whiney and barks annoyingly sometimes for no reason. I think she knows something is going on and it's my fault so she's annoyed with me. She is old though and gentle and spends a lot of time outside so I'm not concerned about her and the baby at all. I'm more worried about her annoying behavior so hopefully she doesn't act up.

Overall I'm feeling ok today, just lacking energyand ambition. Still holding out hope that I can get a few things done today! Last night I went to the store and got some more heavy pads and post partum supplies. Overall I think we have everything we need in that sense. Now if I can just finish Christmas shopping!

HOpe you are all doing well and having a great weekend!

We always had dogs and cats at home and since I moved out I realised how much extra cleaning they make-makes me think twice about getting our own!
We just have outdoor pets now so DS still gets the benefits of pets.

Ahh my 2nd cousin who was due the day after me had her baby yesterday.... reality check!! I still haven't picked a pediatrician!!!!! freakin out over here.

Oh wow Sigh. Congrats to her and your family. How is the baby doing? :)

Sigh...I know! It's crazy that we are getting so close and some of us will be delivering soon and some will be a bit late. I so hope that in 3 weeks I have a new baby but I'm not holding my breath. I also have to contact the pediatrician I was planning on using. Better do that this week!

Baby and mom are doing great, no issues she's just shocked it happened so early. Baby is close to 6 lbs. I was upset and freaking out yesterday because I feel like we've been irresponsible by not getting the important things done like getting a pediatrician for her. Doing that today!!

Aww congrats to your family Sigh!

Yeah, the "snowflake" on the other thread that had her baby this past weekend had the same due date as me - so jealous!

I still haven't found a pediatrician yet....

If I look at these pics side by side (purple shirt is 34+2 qnd other is 36+2) I see absolutely no difference.:cry: My belly measured 39 at my appt on Thurs and I've gained nearly 30 lbs. If one more person tells me how HUGE I am they are going to get smacked!:grr: Come on baby, drop and come soon!

Attachments

• IMG_0448.jpg
    IMG_0448.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0476.jpg
    IMG_0476.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads