Calling all Watermelon's

Hopeful, so sorry to hear about your surgery and pain! I hope you can get some rest and get to feeling better. Here for you if you need a vent. Good luck, chin up. :)

hopeful I'm so sorry you're going through this. In a few short weeks baby will be here and all of your pain and discomfort will be a bad, distant memory. I hope they keep a close eye on you and get you feeling better.:hugs:

I had an AWFUL appt. I waited forever in the waiting room. The nurse was very rude and made me want to cry and on top of it all the doctor said that nothing is happening yet. :cry::cry::cry:

Thanks Ladies! Im feeling a little better today. I slept most of the day because of the meds but i dont seem to be hurting as bad. I do feel nice and swollen everywhere from all the fluids that they gave me, but hopefully everything will be back to a new normal soon. The doctors are planning to see me weekly from here on out and watch closely for any problems. The OB told me that had i been 38 weeks instead of 35, they would have induced me and then dealt with the kidney stones. Hopefully miss prissy will stay put until her due date. I really dont want her to come early, even with all of this going on.

Finally got all the stuff for mine and baby's hospital bag now :happydance: they're not packed yet though as I don't have a bag for Baby yet :dohh:

hopeful - I hope you feel better soon!

Not as bad as your week but this has been THE MOST uncomfortable week so far. Work is hard work now - and Im just sat at a desk! I cannot get comfortable, leaning too far forward and he kicks/moves uncomfortably low down, lean too far back/straight up and my back hurts and I cant breathe properly! Im shattered, want to either sleep or pee and to top it off, my breasts are starting to sting etc and im having toilet troubles. I have loved pregnancy up until about 2 weeks ago...now I just cant wait to finish work!

Luckily I finish for the week today and then I just have one more full week next week and then thats it...hopefully a little RnR before he is born! x

Kelly - hope you feel better soon! I feel the same way sort of... I've been having severe rib pain at night and can't get comfortable :(

I had my appt today - went well. She said that baby still feels high up so she hasn't dropped yet. My OB's office doesn't do cervical checks until 38 weeks so I don't know what my "status" is lol. Got my flu shot and it didn't hurt wooohooo!

Finally got all the stuff for mine and baby's hospital bag now :happydance: they're not packed yet though as I don't have a bag for Baby yet :dohh:

I was so glad to have my hospital bag packed because of this last week, but now i have to wash everything again and repack!!! UGH! I have absolutely no energy to do anything.

Kelly - hope you feel better soon! I feel the same way sort of... I've been having severe rib pain at night and can't get comfortable :(

I had my appt today - went well. She said that baby still feels high up so she hasn't dropped yet. My OB's office doesn't do cervical checks until 38 weeks so I don't know what my "status" is lol. Got my flu shot and it didn't hurt wooohooo!

Sigh, Glad your appointment went well. Don't worry though. Engaging and dilating and all that can happen anytime, even right as labor starts. My dr doesn't do cervical checks until 39 weeks but I had one at 35 just because I was having a lot of bh's and it was optional. Doubt they will check me at my 37 week appt. this coming Tuesday unless I ask for it and frankly I don't care to have more hands up my hoo-hah than necessary so I'll just wait and see.

I'm finallly a watermelon! Baby seemed a little sleepy yesterday but got some stron kicks in at around 5am and again around 830am. Can you tell I've barely slept? Not a good sleeping night for me but hoping I can sleep well tomorrow. I'm having a painful back spasm currently and I've been having weird cramping this morning. It's more uncomfortable than painful really and I'm wondering if it's acctually gas:blush: I am a little constipated right now so I'm sure that doesn't help. I just hope that everything is fine in there and something if beginning to happen slowly. I'd really love to meet this baby in about 2 weeks! Fx'd!

Hope you're all well and having a great day!

...this is tmi but I just had the worst bathroom trip so far. So constipated and it was so painful that I yelled out "OWWWW" a few times and cried. Even worse, I live in a townhouse and share a wall with my neighbors... and SHE HEARD ME! She called to ask if I'm ok. I told her I stubbed my toe and got a leg cramp but I'm fine. LOL :blush:

Sigh I've had this problems a few times and poor DH thinks I'm dying in there. He even came in to check on me once:blush:. Luckily we don't have neighbors close, but I can only imagine how embarassing that must have been. So sorry you are going through that! Try some fruit or some fig newtons and a cup of hot tea of lemon water. Whatever works best for you. Maybe go for a walk and take a warm bath. I know how awful it can be. I'm a little constipated now but I've managed to go a little here and there so hoping I'm on the way to normalcy soon!

My lower back and my lower left abdomen are very sore and baby is quiet again today. I'm not too worried as I have felt her. I think she is just tired, as am I! I think I'll have something to eat and lie on the couch and see if she wakes up or if I can relieve this back pain and get some rest.

Hope all is well...

I missed my 38week appointment on monday as i thought it was next monday i had it-luckily i rang up and it was fine and i got another booked for this coming monday.

I've been rushing round doing stuff this morning as my friend is coming over shortly and have had to stop as i've had a few hurty contraction type things-now led in bed hoping they go off! I always seem to get strong contractions when I'm moving round doing stuff(maybe over doing it?) but this time I also felt pressure in my bum and I have back ache.
OH has just gone to work so hopefully they are just braxton hicks!

I've been rushing round doing stuff this morning as my friend is coming over shortly and have had to stop as i've had a few hurty contraction type things-now led in bed hoping they go off! I always seem to get strong contractions when I'm moving round doing stuff(maybe over doing it?) but this time I also felt pressure in my bum and I have back ache.
OH has just gone to work so hopefully they are just braxton hicks!

hmm maybe. Get some rest! I usually call my dr if I'm concerned. Did you time them?

They were about 10 mins apart earlier, luckily they did go off and I've been ok since.
Its a bit worrying as my OH is a courier driver so once he leaves for work i'm kind of stuck as he can be 3 or 4 hours away.

Well that's good. You got me thinking now... I have no idea what to do if I go into labor. DH works over an hr from our house... do I call him and wait for him to get here? I should probably figure that out!

I wonder who will be the first in this group :)

I have been getting relatively painful contractions lately too. Had them while lying in bed this morning, 3 or 4 within 15 minutes but they are always really short (like 20-30 seconds). I'm hoping having a lot of strong bh's will give my uterus a good work out so it's in shape for the real thing! I get them a lot when I walk too so that's what I'll be doing a lot of when 38 or 39 weeks rolls around.

I'm hoping this baby decides to come out before my family arrives (on my due date) so dh and I can have a private labor experience and ensure that my family will get to meet lo before they leave again. Of course, it's not in my control obviously, but a girl can dream right? :haha:

Hey everyone

I have been offgrid for the last week now but Im back! How is everyone? Now im not sat at my desk for 8 hours a day Im hardly everyone on my laptop, and trying to write on my smartphone isnt the easiest.

Today we were trying to see the delivery suite and though we couldnt get to see it in the end (all the rooms were being used) it was useful- as they closed the main road to the hospital! so we found an alternate route. Glad we found out now rather than when I am in labour.

Sigh/Cookie- I would call your OH when you start to feel them regularly as he works far away. My OH works literally down the road so I think Ill tell him when they start to get painful. He fusses alot and I think that will make me worse lol. Just see how it goes when the time comes I guess.

Still no BH for me,or anything really. I look wider, so i think baby is dropping but I still dont feel any real pressure down below so I dont think he is engaged yet. My fingers are still really hurting me in the mornings. My belly can go into some really weird shapes now (mountains lol) when Im on my side. Sooo funny!

anyone else going to miss being pregnant? I love everything about it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->