Calling all Watermelon's

I feel the same way ImSoTired, except that I am bigger - I can tell. The stretch marks tell it all - so many more now. DH said it looks like a roadmap :growlmad: and is so kind to remind me that it'll all go away as long as I put in effort at the gym and am not lazy..wtf?!!! Men can be so insensitive!

I found a pediatrician that I am going to call later this afternoon.

Sleeping is getting even more difficult - if that is even possible. I tossed and turned all night because of the back and hip pain and the sciatia. Even my legs hurt from all the weight to I have to constantly switch sides.

These are going to be the longest 22 days of my life! I feel like I'm being selfish but at the point I just want baby to come already :cry:

I know how you feel, Blu_! I have new stretch marks on my belly and a few on my inner thighs and some on my boobs. I can't believe I've gained so much and at 36 weeks my belly measures 39:blush: My boobs are also looking a bit saggy which I am disappointed about because I'm only 25 and shouldn't be having saggy boobs:blush:! My belly button is about to pop any minute and DH knows better than to say anything to me. He is pretty nice about the way I look though and doesn't critisise much, never has. I think he knows it isn't worth the fight (especially now that I am beyond hormonal and I cry at the drop of a hat).

I'm with you on the sleep too... Some nights I'm up constantly and my hips(and sometimes my back and ribs) kill me! I have to keep turning over and I often can't get back to sleep. I'm just so uncomfortable! I can't wait until this is over. I am praying baby comes in 2-3 weeks.

Just as I was doing a few things around the house I had 2 very sharp twinges down very low and in my girly area as well. Was super shocking and made me stop and say ouch! Even though they were very fast and fleeting. My guess is baby's head pushing down..? I guess I can't be sure. Dr tomorrow hope I've made some progress!

imsotired - your bump is sooo cute! you look great!! Maybe your belly measuring 39 is a good sign that you'll deliver early like you wanted! I feel like i'm the same size as I was at 7 months but I've gained 31 lbs now. She's sometimes very low (so it looks like I've dropped) and sometimes very very high. I went to a wedding this weekend and a random woman in the bathroom told me I'm having a boy. I told her it's a girl and she said the dr is wrong. I hope not... I have too many dresses and pink things! BTW I get the twinges too... I call it lightning crotch lol.

blu - I was celebrating the fact that I had no new stretchmarks but one appeared on my belly button next to a scar from when I had my appendix out. I was looking at it in the mirror this week and then realized i never looked on the lower part of my belly and i have a bunch on my right side :growlmad: I have darker skin so once they appear they pretty much never go away. I can't sleep either... the rib pain is getting sooo bad on my left side at night. i had to kick the pregnancy pillow off the bed yesterday because i can no longer get up to go to the bathroom with the pillow in my way. blah!

My todo list for this week:
* Find a pediatrician (I picked one this morning but then realized that they don't have admitting privilages to the hospital I'm delivering at)
* Get the carseat installed (and inspected by our township sheriff)
* Make sure I'm pre-registered with my insurance at the hospital
* Assemble things (swing, bouncer) and wash the swing, bouncer and carseat fabric
* Make a list of people to call when the baby is born (I'm giving one list of DH's family to his parents/brother, My family list to my mom/sis, and my friends list to my best friend). This way we only have to call 3 people.
* Settle on a name and middle name...DH and I can't agree :(

ugh... this list makes me want to sleep. and i feel like i'm forgetting important things. Hope you ladies are feeling ok. What's on your list this week?

If I look at these pics side by side (purple shirt is 34+2 qnd other is 36+2) I see absolutely no difference.:cry: My belly measured 39 at my appt on Thurs and I've gained nearly 30 lbs. If one more person tells me how HUGE I am they are going to get smacked!:grr: Come on baby, drop and come soon!

Awww your bump is so adorable! It's not huge and neither are you. Looks just right. :)

Sigh, glad to hear mom and baby are ok. Makes me feel a little better as I have been having nightmares about delivering prematurely.

Oh Sigh, I always have a list as well! lol! Today's was clean the fish tank, do laundry and put it away, clean the kitchen, and get the garbage ready to go out as it's garbage day tomorrow.
Tomorrow I have a doctor's appt and I hope to go Christmas shopping afterward if I feel up to it. Sometimes I don't feel very up to doing things after I've had a doctor feeling up my hoohaa.:dohh:

As far as baby stuff though I think we've pretty much got it covered. I have one more load of her laundry to do, I have to wash bottles, and call the pediatrician. I should also ask the doctor about pre registering at the hospital so thanks for reminding me! :thumbup: I am desperate to have it all done (and my house totally spotless and organized) by Thanksgiving. I don't know why but that is my 'deadline'. I just want to have a quiet and peaceful last few weeks of pregnancy and I want to feel well prepared. Plus I'll be 38 weeks on Thanksgiving so I'll be pretty close!

Oh and I'm glad I'm not the only one with 'lightning crotch' :haha: and stretch marks.

Hope you're all doing well!

oh crap... I forgot xmas shopping. :dohh: My deadline was this weekend but that's not going to happen lol.

I need to secure my pediatrician too. I have one picked out but haven't called yet. What do you ladies say or ask when you call? I just don't know if I need to make an appt. for the baby or how to do that since it's a ways away and we don't know when he'll be arriving. I don't know what questions to ask when I call. "Hi, I'm having a baby and want you as my pediatrician. What next?" :shrug:

Oh, btw "lighting crotch" made me laugh! I get that a lot now too. :haha:

lol, kelly! I'm not really sure either but I figured I'd ask if the doctor I want is taking new patients as I'm 36 weeks pregnant and will be in need of a pediatrician soon. And hopefully they tell me yes and ask if I want to meet with him etc. And I'll be asking a few questions about whether or not he will come to the hospital and what the protocol is as far as the baby's birth and first appts and vaccinations. I'm sure they'll probably ask my due date and tell or send me all of the info I'll need. :shrug: This is my first as well so I'm just taking a stab in the dark!

I called 2 places today and told them I'm expecting my first and am looking for a pediatrician and would like to come by and see their office. Both places offered me a tour and prenatal appointment with a doctor to ask any questions, which I thought was cool. I mainly want to know about evening/weekend hours and try to get a feel of the doctors attitude... I feel like so many are quick to just prescribe antibiotics without taking the time to figure out what the real issues. Not sure what I'm going to ask but I have "Make a list of questions" on my to do list for tomorrow lol.

I called one place today and am pretty sure that's who I'm going with because it's right across the street from my house and a couple other moms I know who have similar views on that sort of thing recommended them to me. They said I have to call as soon as I have the baby and make an appointment. The baby has to be brought into their office the day after we get home from the hospital. I didn't realize it would be so soon. I figure it will be tiring and tough to go to the dr. the day after we just get home from the hospital but I guess it's standard procedure for a lot of places?

I called one place today and am pretty sure that's who I'm going with because it's right across the street from my house and a couple other moms I know who have similar views on that sort of thing recommended them to me. They said I have to call as soon as I have the baby and make an appointment. The baby has to be brought into their office the day after we get home from the hospital. I didn't realize it would be so soon. I figure it will be tiring and tough to go to the dr. the day after we just get home from the hospital but I guess it's standard procedure for a lot of places?

My hospital has the pediatrician come to the hospital to do the first check up, and then I need to take her to their office for the 2nd check up 2-3 days after we return home. I'm delivering at a hospital thats 15 mins away (not the one 2 minutes from my house) so a lot of the pediatricians that are close by can't come to the hospital we chose. I'm checking out 2 places on Wednesday so hopefully I find a dr we like!

Good morning! Congrats toothfairy and blu on the watermelon-ness :happydance:

Congrats on 37 weeks, ladies! I'll be with you on Thurs! Seems like only last week we were little lemons and peaches and whatever. Now we have only 20 some days left! Amazing!

I have a Dr appt at 11:15. I don't want another pelvic exam but I'll be getting one every week until baby arrives. :wacko: I hope the doctor says something is happening!

Also I am a bit constipated today:dohh:. No fun! I can't wait to have my body back!

Yay to the watermelons! I can't wait to be term next Tuesday. Although, it would seem as if I've already started trying to induce myself but I haven't. Not on purpose anyway. Dh and I dtd after a long time without it because it was giving me bh's, I've been eating pineapple, walking a lot, and I bounced on my physio ball a little bit yesterday. I didn't mean to do all these things to start labor, just did them because I wanted to. But, I don't think it can send me into early labor or anything. At least I hope not. :)

Morning ladies!

Can't believe I'm finally full term today - and Toothfairy too! :dance:

I've been really itchy lately. And I've gotten the runs over the past two days. Not sure if they are related to each other or pregnancy but just the latest in a long list of discomforts. Fun times! At this point, I wish they'd just crack me open and take him out! :haha:

The pediatrician's office I called yesterday doesn't do runs at the hospital I'm delivering at but they told me just that the hospital will have their doctor check little one out and tell me when I need to follow up with the pediatrician - usually within a day or two of being discharged and that they will be sure to fit him in according to that doctor's recommendation. So for now just to wait for little one and give them a call right after he arrives to make the appointment.

GL at your appointment today ImSoTired. Fingers crossed that things are moving along.

Can't wait for my appointment on Friday. Get to see little one for the first time since 20 weeks!

Hi Ladies! Ive missed reading all the posts the last few days. I just wanted to give an update- Thursday morning i woke up hurting again, but went on to work. About 10 am the pain moved into my lower back on the right side, was coming and going every 10-15 minutes and i noticed blood in my urine. The charge nurse sent me straight to OB assessment who said i was 1 cm dilated and having contractions that werent really strong enough to do anything. They called the MD who said to send me home to rest for the day. I get home and start puking and the pain became constant and unbearable so i called the doctor, who told me to come to the office. They checked my urine and found 3+ ketones and 3+ blood. THey sent me over to the hospital to be admitted for dehydration and to rule out kidney stones. I ended up getting IV pain meds every 3 hours around the clock to keep me comfortable. They found a large kidney stone on the left side, and did surgery on sunday to place a stent on the right. The stone they found on the right was larger than the right and lodged in the ureter. I finally got to come home yesterday after 4 days in the hospital. They have me on pain medication every four hours and told me to take it easy this week. So im out of work for this week, and will find out at my follow up appointment on Friday if im out until she gets here. He told me that i will not be pain free and that the next 4 weeks were going to be rough. Please pray for me. Its been really rough. The pain is so bad at times all i can do is sit there and cry...My poor husband is just helpless right now. And to top it all off my birthday is this Friday...

Oh hopeful you poor thing. That's sounds awfully scary and painful too. Will you still be able to push when you go into labour after recent surgery? Try get plenty of rest xxxxxx

oh no hopeful! I had a small stone and it was so painful so I can't imagine how u feel. I hope you get well soon! Thinking of you! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->