Calling all Watermelon's

Ahh i passed a little mucus yesterday and had a soft bowel movement (TMI). A little nervous now... I want her to stay in until atleast 12/1! DH and I both have a cold so we're trying to fight it as quickly as possible just incase! Another random person told me I'm having a boy...lol. I have my first check on Monday so I'll know a little more about what's going on then.

So we've told people that we want to keep visitors to a minimum since it's our first and we need a little time to adjust. They probably won't listen but I'm hoping they do! I know the first week will have visits from both our parents, DH's brothers and their kids, my sister and her kids, and 2 of my friends. I'm more worried about the kids because they are ALWAYS sick. Hopefully that flu shot will protect her.

I'm 38 weeks today on Thanksgiving of all days! Doing our Christmas decorating tomorrow. I think the baby was confused by the noise of the family today because she was pretty still. Now that I'm home and relaxing I can feel her bopping around. Happy Thanksgiving!

As for visitors right after baby's birth I know there will be a lot. I'm hoping after a day or two the visitors die down a bit though. DH is taking about 2 weeks when the baby arrives so he can bond with us and do things around the house as I'll be recovering. I know my mom and mil will be offereing to come clean, cook, shop, etc and also come to cuddle the baby when they can. I know our grandparents and siblings, maybe some of our friends and aunts and uncles will come as well. But I really don't think they'll stay long especially if they see I am tired (so I'll be sure to yawn every chance I get to get rid of them:haha:).I really don't want to tell them no but as I said I don't expect them long anyway. I can't blame them for being excited to meet the baby so I'll just politely ask them to go after a half hour or so if they don't pick up my subtle hints. Most of our family live within minutes of us so they could always come back a different time and it wouldn't be too rude to send them away. I'm hoping I can get through delivery before we call anybody to let them know, including our parents, but I know I might want my mom in the delivery room when I'm in pain:blush: I tend to call her when I'm in any pain or ill. We will see how it goes, I guess it's one of those things I'll worry about when we get there. No use in worrying now!

Hope all you American girls are having a lovely thanksgiving :)

My itching has got so much worse so they did my bloods again today and just had a call from labour ward to say my bile acids in my liver are high. Midwife is going to ring me tomorrow with a plan of action, not sure what this means but I know they told me on Tuesday when I had my original bloods done that shod they come back high they normally induce as soon as possible...nervous/excited!

Oh Jess, hope everything is ok. Good luck! :)

Oh Kelly, you must be nervous but its good they keeping eye on you!

Sigh.... Any news??

My sister will be coming to stay with us when the baby is born, mainly because her husband is military and is deployed, but also to help out around the house. I think it's going to be nice because she will cook, clean, and take care of the dogs for us. Plus she will get to bond with the baby as she doesnt get to come around but a few times a year. My husband's busy season at work is now, so i know he is happy that she will be around to help me out. (Plus im thinking that they will do another surgery for the kidney stones after delivery, so ill have extra recovery from that). I plan to keep other visitors to a minimum for a while (i know my mom will be over often, but hopefully the inlaws and the other side of my family will come see her and then back off for a while). We already warned most people that we arent coming to the many Family Christmas's that we usually go too, as she will only be a couple weeks old. I also warned the one's that will be at the Christmas's that we will be going to that i dont want her to be passed around alot and that all the children are to stay back away from her... (we dont need any nasty little kid germs on my newborn) :)

Jess - any updates?

Hope you ladies are feeling well! I am back to being constipated and no significant blobs of discharge after that one (Sorry for the TMI!) so I'm back to being hopeful she'll be a December baby. I'm starting to get very crampy though and have had occasional pain in my tailbone the last few days...signs that she's coming? I just want one more week!!! Stay in there little one!

I have been super crampy for the last week too Sigh. I hope it means labor soon but not too soon. I am hoping for another week too seeing as how I now have a yeast infection. :growlmad: I'm so miserable! I think me and dh dtd too many times (3 times in 5 days) which is probably why. :blush: But, I was trying to bd a lot to soften up my cervix in hopes of not going overdue. I just want this stupid infection all gone before going into labor.

I have a baby shower tomorrow that I really don't want to go to. Almost everyone has cancelled after rsvping yes so it's kind of disappointing. It was supposed to be a co-ed shower and even my husband forgot to ask off work and can't come. I think like five people are going to be there and I didn't even want to have the shower in the first place but my friend insisted on throwing one.

How's everyone else doing? Any more signs from anyone?

oh no Kelly! I had a yeast infection back in June and can't imagine having one now eek. Hope you feel better soon! 3 times in 5 days! me and DH haven't dtd since June... It just hurt too much! We're going to try a few times in December if she isn't here yet. I hope you have fun at your shower!

So here's a weird question... Are you ladies grooming down there for delivery? I can't see what's going on down there so am not sure how i'll do it but didn't know if it was something I should do...lol

Oh Kelly I feel for you with the yeast infection, I had one a few weeks back and it was so uncomfortable! Hope it clears up soon for you. Also hope the baby shower goes ok, hopefully you'll have fun once you get there :flow:

I'm heading in for a sweep at 9 this mornin then I am insisting OH take me on a 100mile hike until I go into labour! I hope this sweep starts things off because I really don't want to be induced but may end up that way if my bile acids in liver don't come down today when they take bloods.

As for grooming down there I have just done my best to shave but I dread to think what it looks like, bit of a blind attempt checked over with a mirror :blush:

Glad you are feeling ok Jess. Good luck with your sweep! Hope lo arrives very soon for you. :)

Sigh, I know! We did it a lot! I've not been in the mood this entire pregnancy but I've read sperm helps soften the cervix so I told my dh we needed to start bding now so that by the time the baby is ready to come out, my body will be prepared. Needless to say, he didn't mind doing me the favor. :haha:

Yep, I'm feeling pretty miserable at the moment. I had a little crying episode last night just feeling sorry for myself and ready to not be pregnant anymore. Bad timing with this stupid infection! Glad to know I'm not the only one though.

Oh, and as for grooming, I blindly shave and it looks funny but at least it keeps the area maintained. I can't shave everything like I used to because some areas of my skin are way too sensitive now so I do the best I can. And now, I won't be shaving at all until I feel all better. I just hope I get a chance to tidy things up before labor.

I tried to shave about 2 weeks ago but it didn't go well. I missed a lot as I just can't see down there and I got some ugly razor burn as well. I need to get DH to just trim it a little but he is hesitant and says it looks fine:shrug:.

I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore also. I've been crying a lot just worrying about everything and wishing it were all over. My bp is always fine when I go to the doctor but I feel so stressed. I really wish it were over and the baby were here:cry: I'm tired of stressing and waiting.

Hope you're all well.

My sister is going home today! I know that she's coming back in like a week and a half, but its been nice having someone at the house with me while the DH works and now ill be by myself. I guess i will try to pass the time by cleaning and wrapping Christmas gifts. I still have some to buy too, so maybe i can get all that done before the baby gets here. My DH bought us a 3 day, 2 night trip that we can use to go to several places over the next year. He said he figured we would be ready for a short trip around Valentine's Day. We'll see! Im not sure ill be ready to leave my baby then.

I think that i may try to trim my girly areas, but i have sensitive skin and shaving would make it worse as then i would have a nasty looking rash. I was crampy all day yesterday and still having slight bits of mucuosy discharge. I go back on tuesday and i know the OB is planning to check me then, so we will see what he says. Part of me is ready for her to come this week and the other part wants her to wait until my sister gets back...

I just had my first cervix check and she said the baby's head is so low that it's pushing my cervix behind so she wasn't able to reach it. No news here... booooooo.:growlmad: I was hoping to have some quantitative results!

It's ok Sigh, just remember you could efface, dilate and go into labor all at the same time so the checks don't even mean much. I wish I didn't know that I was 1 cm at three weeks ago. Even thought mw said not to get my hopes up, I did anyway. Not sure where I'm at now but even with cramping and strong bh's all week long, I'm still preggo as ever. I was really thinking I might go early. I won't have another check until 39 weeks.

I was 1 cm on the 8th of November, too. They will check me again tomorrow at my appointment. Im trying not to get my hopes up either, but thats easier said than done, especially with all the cramping, braxton hicks, back pain, and hip pain I've been having all week. Im just ready to see what they say. There's also the possibility that the OB will want to induce this week or early next because of the kidney stones and medication that im having to take. So now im anxious to hear what he has to say! I mean we could have a baby by the end of the week and thats a very scary thought, even though the nursery and everything is ready. Im over halfway done Christmas shopping and almost finished decorating for Christmas, too. I dont know what i want- part of me is ready for her to be here and the other part is scared and wants to wait until my sister comes home in 11 days...

Oh, good luck Hopeful. Hope you don't have to be induced and baby just comes on her own.

I just got back from my mw appt. and the mw said, as she was feeling my belly, that this baby is just like me, long and bony. That made me smile so big! :) I'm dying to know what he is like and she gave me just a little image of my baby to hold onto. I don't mind birthing a long baby, just not a fat baby. :haha:

Feeling so emotional today. :cry: It's my birthday and my dh is at work so I'm just home alone with not much to do. I was going to have lunch with friends but they never called. In all fairness, we had dinner with them last night for my dh's bday (yes we are a day apart) and kind of celebrated mine too. But, really was hoping baby would come on my birthday. It would be the best gift ever!

Aww happy birthday kelly.
Mine is monday and thats the only day i would rather baby didnt decide to arrive.

Aww happy birthday kelly.
Mine is monday and thats the only day i would rather baby didnt decide to arrive.

I wouldn't mind a little less attention on me for my birthday because now I'm just getting older and there isn't much to look forward to for my birthday. I thought it would be nice to be able to celebrate lo's bday instead but he's determined to have his own birthday. Tomorrow would be cool because then it would be my husband on the 26th, me on the 27th and baby on the 28th. But I'm pretty positive that won't happen. I can only hope for 12/12/12 then. :)

So the doctor said everything still looks great. Unless little miss priss decides to come before then, i will be induced on Dec 6th! Im excited and nervous at the same time. EEK! 1 more week!

Wow, so exciting Hopeful! You are going to have your baby so soon! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->