Calling all Watermelon's

Someone told me some statistic that most first time moms are due date or later. I sat and thought about pple in my family and that actually seems to be the case for most of them. The nights are getting ridiculously uncomfortable but I think I can hold out for a few more days... I wouldn't mind a due date baby or 12/12/12! I have an appointment tomorrow so hopefully they can actually find my cervix this time and give me some news... I'm getting tired of hearing "Could be today, could be a week". Until then, I'm working off the couch, sitting on towels incase something pops. Good times! lol

How are you guys doing? Any guesses on who will be next? I'm thinking toothfairy or hopeful!

Ha ha!!! Sigh I so hope you are right! I am typing this whilst bouncing on my ball! Haven't posted on here much recently. To be honest I'm even boring myself with my stop start contractions without telling you girls about it too!

Latest update.... Due date tomorrow.... Had 12 hours of period pain Lowe back ache and irregular tightenings which stopped at about 10.30am today. Really thought it was game on this time but......no!! Am exhausted and frustrated! Have a sweep tomorrow if still here!

Congrats on your little man Cookie!

Hope baby's make an appearence for you ladies soon :flow:

toothfairy - does bouncing on the ball speed along the process? I've only heard of eating spicy food, taking a walk, sweeping/vacuuming, and sex... just curious :)

Jess - How is your little man doing? LOVE the name Kaiden! I had a dream we had a boy and now I'm thinking I should look at some boy names just incase...lol

Congrats on the new babies here and the ones that are on the way. Surely I'll be going overdue. I have still been having random BH's especially in the evening but then they just go away. I'm really really emotional and still nesting like crazy. Get an occasional sharp pain but they go and don't turn into anything. It's probably just because my body is battered. I have a hard time even rolling over in bed:cry:! So ready for this to be over....

Hope you're all doing well. Good luck to you all as it sounds like you all have promising signs of upcoming labor.

Im better today- i ended up resting alot better last night. It seems that i have alot of contractions and pain at night when i lay down at night to sleep. 3 more days until our induction date. I cant wait!

Anybody else getting nervous that once the baby gets here that you wont know what to do with them. I keep having this crazy dream that the baby will be crying and i wont know what to do to make her stop. My husband thinks im crazy.

I finished his basket to give him. Im gonna hide it in my truck and get my mom to go get it after Miss Marianne gets here.

Hope everyone is doing great!

hopeful - YESS Im panicked about what to do when the baby gets here. I took classes but still feel clueless. I bought a book this week... Happiest baby on the block. Hopefully that will help somewhat! Marianne is a beautiful name! DH and I can't agree on one.. we're still between Eliana and Leela. I guess we'll figure it out once shes here.

imsotired - hang in there! sending baby dust... or in this case labor dust your way lol :dust:

Hey all, just an update from me.

Ethan James was born on the 3rd Dec at 10.15am. I was in labour for 20hrs before i had to have a c section. Highly recommend the gas n aid and epidural! Never got a chance to use the tens machine.

Nicki - congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you! 20 hrs... u are my hero!! hope you're feeling ok!

It my due date!!!! Where the **** is my baby????!!!

Am going for a sweep in a couple of hours.... It'll be the first time I've been checked internally. I swear if she tells me nothing at all is happening after all these episodes of contraction I'll punch her straight out!!!!!!

awwww! great news! Congrats Nicki!!

toothfairy- I have absolutely no faith in my midwives anymore. They didn't even mention a thing about offering me a sweep @ 40 weeks! I was really hoping baby would come before my next appointment (Friday) so that I don't have to deal with them anymore. I'm so fed up!

Nicki congrats on your little man, love the name Ethan!! :flow:

Sigh, my little man is doing great thanks, settling in lovely! We had quite a bad night last night being up for feeds every hour and a half but that was our first bad night so no complaints here :)

Congratulations Nicki, fab name and birthdate :)
It was my birthday yesterday so if my bubba had waited one more day we would have shared a birthday.

Oh ladies I am so upset

Just back from midwife. I had to beg for a sweep as she was going to leave it another week. I am 1-2cm dilated cervix anterior and fairly low(usually very high) but long and hard still. She said she could touch his head and seemed to think she had done a good sweep.

BP was 130/100, then 120/90 then 130/88 so I avoided having to go in to be monitored AGAIN as it came down whilst there.

She was concerned about growth though as have measured 38 weeks for 3 weeks now. After calls to the hospital and speaking to various people there she was told that there was no point sending me in as they wouldn't do anything?? They would not do a scan after full term??? Even though I have been having blood pressure issues.

Then she phoned L&D to book my induction........ sorry for language but for a full 2 f***ing weeks!!! 18th December!! Despite high BP, slowed growth and me being 40 years old. They just would not budge on this unless my BP becomes unstable!

So I have been sent away feeling pretty powerless and like no one will take my concerns seriously. Midwife tried her best but she could not do anything. She is coming to see my again Saturday to repeat sweep if nothing has happened. She just stressed to go get checked if have any reduced movement.

What do you all think? Is that any progress at all internally or is labour still days away?? Would you be reassured that baby is just lower so measuring same?

Am getting lots of cramping and brown discharge after sweep though!

toothfairy :hugs: Happy due date! Hang in there! My friend had her baby in Sept and was 0 cm dialated and 60% effaced and was told it would be atleast another week. She went into labor the next day, so it's different for everyone!! The growth is usually just an estimate so I don't know why they had to freak you out like that. I hateeeeee people like that... I was told twice in April that I'm having a chemical pregnancy by my old doctor... i want to go back to that office and shove my belly in her face lol. That really sucks that they scheduled you 2 weeks out! Have you thought of trying natural ways to induce?

Cookie - happy birthday!!! What a nice gift :)

Have my appointment in an hour. Hoping they can find my cervix this time.

Holy crap that was painful. Dr had to reach around the baby's head to find my cervix but she got it this time, despite me yelling ouch! 2-3 cms dialiated 80% effaced. She said could be today, could be 2 weeks from now... no way of telling. She also said baby is measuring small at 37 weeks, but it's normal.

Thanks sigh! Sounds like good progress for you!

I'm still having contractions since sweep at 10.30am (now 5.30pm) I got awful lower back pain about 2 hours ago. Have had a bath and paracetamol and has eased back a little. Tightenings became more frequent in bath so have been timing for last hour. They are 3-4 minutes apart and pretty strong. Uncomfortable but not really pain apart from in the back.

I don't know what to do!?! Have had so many false alarms this week or 2?

Congrats Nicki and to all of those new mommys so far!

Toothfairy I am as fed up as you. I'm seeing my doctor twice a week for internal exams:wacko: I feel as though I go to be molested regularly:cry: I have effaced a bit more and baby keeps moving in and out of my pelvis but I'm still only barely dilated. He just keeps having me make more appts but I'm so tired of it to be honest. As long as my cervix cooperates between now and friday I think I'll be a good candidate for induction soon. My doctor won't let me go much over 41 weeks but it still feels like it's hopeless and forever away. What I'm truly hoping for is that I go into labor on my own before my appt on friday.

I had another NST today because I was running around like crazy this AM and hadn't noticed much movement so the nurse insisted I be monitored. Baby was still a bit stubborn but when she began kicking it was high in my ribs and very painful. These NST's are actually quite stressful to me and I'm getting more stressed and more anxious as time goes by without any progress. I don't think I'm mentally able to be pregnant this long with how I worry and all. I need to get her out soon for both of our health and sanity!

I'm not worrying about what to do with baby when she gets here. I have worked with children for years and I know what to do. The problems I know I will have are getting the hang of BF'ing, sleep deprivation, and possibly some depression as I've had it before. Also the baby will be there all of the time which will be new to me as I've always been able to send them home after a while. But other than that I'll figure it all out. I'm not worrying much about that. I'm more worried now about getting her out soon and healthy!

I'm just so nervous and overwhelmed right now. So hard not to cry.:cry:

Ooo Toothfairy - sounds promising!! fx-ed for you!

Imsotired - sorry you're feeling blah! You don't live that far from me so you're probably having gorgeous weather today too. You should go for a nice walk - I heard it helps induce labor!

my bhs have gone back to only a few a day so I'm back to feeling "meh". Don't see anything happening anytime soon here. I'm bleeding again but it's from being jabbed by the Doctor... she told me to expect it. So I guess in the meantime I'll try to preoccupy myself with projects around the house. Thursday is my last day of work since I saved enough vacation days to cover the rest of December wooohoo!

Did you ladies buy a humidifier for your nursery? I thought it was only used for when the baby is sick or congested but someone told me I need it in the winter. If so - do you have any recommendations on a brand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->