Calling all Watermelon's

Oh girls!! I agree with blu! I've been having stop start contractions for days and as I said lost my bloody show this morning and absolutely NOTHING!!!!! Mega frustrating!!! I don't think the signs mean much, I also don't think any of these self induction things work! I've tried most of them apart from castor oil and NOTHING!!!

My pregnant friend in Georgia sent me this link. She's planning on going to this restaurant if she passes her due date. The recipe looks yum... might try it this weekend! https://www.scalinis.com/Bambino.htm

In India, they recommend eating papayas, mangos and pineapple to naturally induce labor.

So eggplant parm followed by a fruit salad? :pizza:

Thanks everyone. I just feel absolutely awful. I've cried everyday for at least a week. I have everything done that I can possibly have done and now all I can do it wait. I'm not very good at waiting and being patient especially in the state I'm in. I just feel like I'm losing my mind and I worry more and more as every day passes. I have yet another dr appt tomorrow and then again on Mon. I dread going to the stupid OB everytime now and I think it's some sort of weird torture. I just want to be put out of this misery and meet my baby. I've been waiting for so long and I'm just going crazy. I hope something, anything happens soon so I can at least stop feeling so hopeless.:cry:

Something may be happening here... im getting pretty bad radiating back pain but its not always during a contraction. Baby is moving around like crazy so sometimes i think its contraction is starting but it stops. I realllllly didn't want her to come tomorrow so fingers crossed she holds off until 12/8.

UPDATE -never mind...it stopped. Lasted about 2 hrs.

Congrats Kelly Cookie and Nikki! amazing news so happy for you (and a bit jealous!)

This is such an exciting time and I feel like im on tenderhooks all the time at the moment! I had a midwife appointment on tuesday, her words to me were that he is 'deeply engaged' and she doesnt expect me to go massively overdue..if at all. but we know they get that wrong constantly!!!

Im booked in for a sweep on the 18th so Im hoping things will get going around then. I always had in my head id be 8 days late and go into labour on the 18th anyway - I found out after I told my mum this that I was also 8 days late so maybe its a sign!!:winkwink:

She did put my mind at rest though, as I really didnt want to be induced 2 weeks overdue which would be xmas eve. but they only let me go over by 12 days - which means Ill be induced on the 22nd if all else fails. So fingers crossed, if all is well, ill be home at least by xmas day!!!:baby:

How is everyone coping with symptom spotting? Im driving myself crazy. I was relaxed about it, but last night was the first time I thought 'crap, is this the start?' I just felt different and was alternating between mild period cramps and mild back ache. There wasnt a definite start or finish to it and clearly not very painful so I just left it. Im having loose bowel movements too which is a good start! especially as Im now suffering with piles (sorry!) After going to the loo I felt much better and was able to sleep so I guess its just my body playing tricks on me.

Today I feel ok again and he is moving around like no ones business making me very uncomfortable!! I wonder who will be next?!!!

Marianne Elizabeth made her appearance at 4:08pm yesterday. 6 lbs 2oz and 19 inches long. Doctor said she looks great. Will post birth story once i get home as its long. We're both doing good now, just trying to get the hang of breastfeeding. Hope everyone else is doing good.

congrats hopeful! as soon as I posted 'i wonder who will be next?' i went back and read some other posts and realised it would be you probably! xx

Congrats hopeful! Let me tell you, breastfeeding is HARD HARD HARD. Me and Carter are just now getting the hang of it. It's so tempting to give in and ff but stick with it! I promise, it can be so rewarding. The pain is excruciating but it's starting to get less painful for me and when we do have a good nursing session I feel so proud that I was able to provide that for my baby. I am slowly starting to learn who he is and that makes my anxiety go down a bit as I can predict his pattern a little more. In a couple of weeks it should be pretty established I hope. Good luck and persevere! :)

Labor dust to the rest of you ladies!!!! :dust:

ooooh congrats hopeful!!!!

I'm almost scared to post this as it may all just turn out to be a false alarm! But been getting contractions from about 2am last night. I think I probably managed to sleep through most of them and only noticed the ones that happened when i was awake turning over or going to the bathroom. I woke up properly around 7am and have been acutely aware of them ever since! Saw my midwife at 12:30 who told me she wont give me a sweep because she thinks I'm in early labour and will have the baby over the weekend. Baby's head is fully engaged and the contractions are painful enough that i need to rock/sway through them. I haven't started timing them yet- waiting for them to be more intense.... fxd this is it!

Congrats hopeful :happydance:

Hope this is it for you babyforme...keep us updated :)

hey ladies. Congrats hopeful!

fxed for you babyforme!

I'm in the hospital. Started getting regular cramping around 3 am with light bleeding/spotting. Didn't think it was contractions because my stomach wasn't as tight as my bhs. But it was. Got the epidural an hr ago....
HIGHLY recommend it. Now just waiting to push.

Sigh, good luck! So exciting! Pushing is the best part. I highly recommend the epidural too. I was all about natural child birth but I found out it is not for me. The epi is a god send! :)

Hope this is it for you babyforme!

Good luck Sigh, hope it's all going well!

I couldn't get an epidural in time with this LO but had one with my first and definitely recommend one, so much more painful towards the end of labour this time around x

Congrats hopeful! That's great news :)

I finally made it home yesterday. Said I would self discharge myself if they didn't! Lol. I'll write my story asap. Tomorrow I get to put up my Xmas tree! So excited xx

Congrats hopeful!

Babyforme that sounds very promising, congrats.

Sigh congrats to you as well.

Nicki glad you got to come home!

I'll surely be the last here to have my baby.:wacko: The doctor said there was no change at my appt today. He also said that I'll have the baby by NEXT weekend which I think means he plans on inducing me on Thurs or Fri. I'm still very anxious and emotional but all I can do is sit here and wait. :nope: I hope she chooses to come this weekend as I can't bare to go to another doctor's appt! I had an upset stomach this AM and was hoping something was happening, even a clearout, but it stopped.

Hope you're all well!

Imsotired - hang in there! Drs are wrong all the time... My friend had her baby a day after the Drs told her it would be atleast another week

Babyforme - goodluck!

So no name yet but she was born 12/7 at 2:31 pm. Dr told me earlier this week that she was measuring small (37 weeks when she was 39+) and will prob be around 6 lbs but she ended up being 8lbs 4oz, 21.25 inches... We were shocked to see how big she is. Had between a 1st and 2nd degree tear so feeling the ouch! She's having trouble with breastfeeding as well but we're making progress. Will post pics soon!

Sigh congratulations!!!! Well done, can't wait for photos and a name!

Good luck babyforme!

Sigh big Congrats! Can't wait for an update!

As for me Dh and I dtd last night. I had been having BH all night so I figured it couldn't hurt. The BH's seemed to go away afterward and I fell asleep. I woke up at 330 just uncomfy and unable to sleep even though I was tired. I think I may have napped on and off between 445 and 7 but no good sleep.At some point I began cramping like AF cramps. I am a bit constipated and when I tried to go to the bathroom this morning I think I lost a bit of plug and when I wipe it is reddish brown. Still cramping here and there and I think I may be getting some weak yet still kinda painful contractions. Early labor maybe? Hoping to become a mommy this weekend sometime. Fx'd!

Hope you're all well and having a good weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->